State of the Game

It is, going by their bilancing and shareholder presentation. They sold about 12m copies (incl Epic giveaway deal) and make a nice buck out of the cosmetics.
I wonder how much Epic pays for those giveaways.

I have so many epic free games..... but I almost never play them on epic (in fact I ended up buying a couple I really liked on steam sales) because their launcher is so buggy and terrible. Seriously - you have to try to build software that bad.

Funny thing, if we say Steam charts make 1/10th of real players, ED is so bad at retention, that it doesn't hold even 2% of players... Or there are extremely many alts out there 🤷‍♀️
There were some posters on here at the time of the Epic giveaway claiming to have 30+ alts from it - even I have 1 that has yet to even be started. (as I have Epic launcher for a couple of games that I bought)

A running Cat!

1624039722749.jpeg

I wonder how much Epic pays for those giveaways.

I have so many epic free games..... but I almost never play them on epic (in fact I ended up buying a couple I really liked on steam sales) because their launcher is so buggy and terrible. Seriously - you have to try to build software that bad.
Well, it's all about absolute and relativity.
In absolute, fortunes.
In relativity, it's all fortnite money, so not much.
there's an industry metric they use that i read somewhere for calculting sales and it's x77 of the reviews.. so that's roughtly 380000 of Odyssey sales
Really ? People only gives a review/thumbs up/comment at a 1% rate on mods, on average.

15.3m in Sales if that number holds true..
We'd have to know the average sale price too. Like I have two copies of EDH.

1 from Epic I paid $0.00 for (no idea how much revenue Frontier got from Epic - guessing they get a fixed amount for the whole giveaway regardless of how many download)
1 from Steam I paid $3.99 for sometime either late last year or early this year (can't remember - was during some big sale)

So I've paid like 4 bucks for 2 copies lol

We'd have to know the average sale price too. Like I have two copies of EDH.

1 from Epic I paid $0.00 for (no idea how much revenue Frontier got from Epic - guessing they get a fixed amount for the whole giveaway regardless of how many download)
1 from Steam I paid $3.99 for sometime either late last year or early this year (can't remember - was during some big sale)

So I've paid like 4 bucks for 2 copies lol
Sorry i was referring to Odyssey not Horizons.. I just applied 40 quid/euro to that, should have specified!

Top Bottom