State of the Game

That's Baa-sil, isn't it?
P25640476D4567927G.jpg

Sorry Sir, that was a terrible pun.

I just realised what Schrodinger was all about. When you measure something, it changes! If you open the box, instead of being half alive/half dead, it will now be one or the other BECAUSE you looked.
Of course.
Every time I encounter "hyperjumping" from:

"in quantum physics
the very fact of OBSERVING / MEASURING some attribute
has impact on the outcome"

to

"reality is just a kind of dream, we can alter anything around us using just our minds,
it's physically proven, you are not wiser then all physics in the world, badum tss blablablbla",

I have a "rolling eyes" moment.

I though of a simple example to explain what is the ACTUAL issue of measuring/detecting anything in quantum scale.

Everybody (OK, ALMOST) knows how police speed trap works.
Radar/laser -> some poor lad/ladette in a car/bike -> Doppler effect,-> zillion €$* to pay.

Now, imagine that instead of using electromagnetic waves we use some kind of minigun shooting elastic balls towards the car,
and we are measuring intervals between balls in stream coming after they bounce back from car (more or less doppler effect upscaled).
Lets skip all obvious technical problems (car would be destroyed/balls would fly in every direction etc).
There is ONE thing I want you to focus.
These ball have significant mass/kinetic energy.

They would SLOW incoming car down.

Down to halt, and then we would push it back, reversing it's speed.
And this is exactly where in my personal opinion is the issue with quantum physics observed from non-quantum scale world - any tool/method we use to gather data is too crude, "overkill" from quantum world point of view, all we can do is piercing the anthill with a stick, count the ants running around BECAUSE of our stick with some major error margin, and call it "ant quantum science"

Last edited:
Of course.

"in quantum physics

to

"reality is just a kind of dream, we can alter anything around us using just our minds,
it's physically proven, you are not wiser then all physics in the world, badum tss blablablbla",

I though of a simple example to explain what is the ACTUAL issue of measuring/detecting of anything in quantum scale.

Radar/laser -> some poor lad/ladette in a car/bike -> Doppler effect,-> zillion €$* to pay.

Now, imagine that instead of using electromagnetic waves we use some kind of minigun shooting elastic balls towards the car,
and we are measuring intervals between balls in stream coming after they bounce back from car (more or less doppler effect upscaled).
Lets skip all obvious technical problems (car would be destroyed/balls would fly in every direction etc).

And this is exactly where in my personal opinion is the issue with quantum physics observed from non-quantum scale world - any tool/method we use to gather data is too crude, "overkill" from quantum world point of view, all we can do is piercing the anthill with a stick, count the ants with some major error margin, and call it "ant quantum science"
Please explain slowly, I studied fine art.

Of course.

"in quantum physics

to

I though of a simple example to explain what is the ACTUAL issue of measuring/detecting of anything in quantum scale.

And this is exactly where in my personal opinion is the issue with quantum physics observed from non-quantum scale world - any tool/method we use to gather data is too crude, "overkill" from quantum world point of view, all we can do is piercing the anthill with a stick, count the ants with some major error margin, and call it "ant quantum science"
Nerd.

Of course.

"in quantum physics

to

I need more booze to read this post properly

wave function collapse is not what the uncertainty principle is about. that's just about how we affect the things we measure by measuring them.

Don't quote your own posts you lunatic!

Or were you demonstrating the lesser known Schrodinger's principle? The one that states that the "quoter of one's own forum posts, is both an idiot, and not a non-idiot, at the same time".

Even better. How about a screenshot of Poof?

View attachment 241873

Oooh, so close to the edge - you win today mate!

Awww, I want that cat, it's too cute Suzie!

Although on closer inspection, it does only appear to be the front half of a cat - do you have the back half?

Top Bottom