OK... We know it is is borked, but...

after they firefight all the stuff that is broken, wonky, not working as intended, generally more buggy than a coffee shop during a mums meet.....
What does everyone actually want from what we have been given? (do not say ship interiors please)
That actually is what I want though.

Or maybe I should say I want Odyssey to be a stepping stone. Ship interiors, more station interiors etc. Unfortunately what I don't want is what Odyssey currently is, including the all-new equipment grinds and most annoyingly the need to switch from energy to kinetic spacelegs weapons if you choose to forego plasma.

The main thing I would like is plenty of reasons to do on foot missions after I’ve engineered all my gear. I’m having a lot of fun, but part of that is the rewarding feeling that I’ve got the last bit of data needed for another Improved Jump mod or whatever I’m working on. Once I’ve engineered my suits and my top 5 guns, I won’t have a “need” to do missions.

So things like community goals dipping into on foot, or power play using the missions. Something to work towards.

A PvP arena, like CQC on foot...

"Back in the day" I suggested that FDEV should announce, via GalNet, periodic "Olympic" games. Each event would be held in different star systems, at different times of the year. There could be a series of "challenges" that pitted pilots against each other .. eg: pvp arena (like you suggested), or a PvE run the gauntlet (fly through some really unsafe areas), or run circuits passing beacons in space, races, communal leader boards, prizes, cosmetics, etc. the list is rather large. All hosted in open (for the added drama) as a means to bring the community together for a bit of fun and games. (Seasonal events - like January Lave Independence Day games, March Madness - Derby destructoWars in the Orion Sector, or what have you)

Still waiting ...

**Edit: Heck, even "The Universal Triathlon Games" - A race, starting in your ship going from Beacon to Beacon, then landing on a planet, to drive across in your SRV, to finally end up on foot retrieving some object that stops the timer .. come on FDEV - the possibilities are endless ...

Last edited:
"Back in the day" I suggested that FDEV should announce, via GalNet, periodic "Olympic" games. Each event would be held in different star systems, at different times of the year. There could be a series of "challenges" that pitted pilots against each other .. eg: pvp arena (like you suggested), or a PvE run the gauntlet (fly through some really unsafe areas), or run circuits passing beacons in space, races, communal leader boards, prizes, cosmetics, etc. the list is rather large. All hosted in open (for the added drama) as a means to bring the community together for a bit of fun and games. (Seasonal events - like January Lave Independence Day games, March Madness - Derby destructoWars in the Orion Sector, or what have you)

Still waiting ...
That's cool 👍

The main thing I would like is plenty of reasons to do on foot missions after I’ve engineered all my gear. I’m having a lot of fun, but part of that is the rewarding feeling that I’ve got the last bit of data needed for another Improved Jump mod or whatever I’m working on. Once I’ve engineered my suits and my top 5 guns, I won’t have a “need” to do missions.

So things like community goals dipping into on foot, or power play using the missions. Something to work towards.
They should add meeting the power play characters on foot, let them give us a medal for taking over a system or something like that. The Aisling Fanboys would jump at any possibility to meet her.

after they firefight all the stuff that is broken, wonky, not working as intended, generally more buggy than a coffee shop during a mums meet.....
What does everyone actually want from what we have been given? (do not say ship interiors please)
Personally, I would like more complex interaction with exobiology, more things to do on foot while in stations, a level of complexity in missions, a bit more story mayhap.

I would like subermisbles (Ships and smaller variants akin to srv / slf) to explore liquid planets in. We could pop kelp fronds and collect new materials oriented toward aquatic submersible engineering. Leviathan type creates we can kill for more engineering mats. Giant clams we can open for engineering mats...

I would like subermisbles (Ships and smaller variants akin to srv / slf) to explore liquid planets in. We could pop kelp fronds and collect new materials oriented toward aquatic submersible engineering. Leviathan type creates we can kill for more engineering mats. Giant clams we can open for engineering mats...
They have to pay Unknown Worlds Entertainment a fortune to do this

Longer missions (with more steps to them) - I want missions that keep me busy for days, not minutes!
Investigations - alot like the Galnet lore stuff, but on a smaller scale.
More vagueness in missions - instead of "go exactly here and kill this exact guy", "we're looking for a guy called XY, he'll be somewhere in the Z system, in one of faction W's settlements" - i mean, give me something to do, a puzzle or a challenge to work out to find the guy, not a mm-accurate GPS target......

Top Bottom