Development Update 1 - June

Oh dear lord it just goes on and on. It's a computer game, play it or don't play but please stop going on like you are in some way entitled to demand that the developers are at your beck and call.
Whilst I do agree with your sentiment the main issue is the game as it stands now most CANT play it even if they wanted to because of game breaking bugs ;)

Oh dear lord it just goes on and on. It's a computer game, play it or don't play but please stop going on like you are in some way entitled to demand that the developers are at your beck and call.
Who mentioned the developers? If you buy a product on Amazon and it doesn’t work don’t you return it? Offering a refund would be the right thing to do.

Everyone works in their own ways. Remember there are multiple social platforms to cover, not just forums and certainly not just one or two Commanders out there sending DMs, tagging and filing issue tickets. There are four of us active to support all sides vs well....lots.
I'm just a bit on the chatty side and consume way over the recommended intake of caffeine.
I mean hence I'm here now at 20:42. I certainly am not expected to be but...like I say, any which way we function best at this time for you all.

Speaking of snakes....

Getting this one every time I try to rebuy my ship from Inter Astra after having it destroyed while on foot.

So I am currently restricted to taxis (as there's no way to use any of my other ships until I rebuy my old one... seemingly, which seems a tad odd) until this server error goes away.

1625520040989.png

I'm sorry, but that's a copout. I'm tired of half-arsed games being released solely for the purposes of YouTubers to use as content for their terrible channels. All for a generation who would rather watch people play games then actually play them.
Evasion of what? The base gameplay it's the same since 1984.

Whilst I do agree with your sentiment the main issue is the game as it stands now most CANT play it even if they wanted to because of game breaking bugs ;)
I would suggest that it's a few who can't play it. There are bugs and they affect a specific part of the game, the rest of the game is totally playable and weirdly, the bugs are not experienced by everyone.

Can you bring out the long waited Panther Clipper for non combat roles. This ship could also be used as a large troup carrier for ground support using larger SRV's in the future but the ship has been held back way too long now considering it was advertised in Newsletter #08 and Newsletter #13 years ago and a lot of players built their hopes up it would be released. Since then you have brought out Carriers, Challenger series, Mamba, Krait and other ships along with many new updates and additions in the game BUT no Panther Clipper because its not a combat ship. Surely there is more to this game than combat and combat ships. Start feeding and looking after non combat players and give them what they want instead of feeding the combat players with every update, ship and feature.

CMs can only deliver what they've been told and what they're allowed top deliver. Let's not get to blaming CMs at all. For sure, we want/need/require lots more info, but expecting the CMs to have it, is folly.

What we really need is information way above CM level, right from the Management team. The problem is, that management need to convince us, of sicerity, with actions.

The answer to this is worth far more than a response from me in a Forum thread, entirely, and I'm sure you know that :)
For those who continue with us on this journey, we'll share that kind of news as soon as accurately available.
Everyone involved on our side continues to work very hard on the development of the game though - something I'm more than happy to keep confirming for you.
Excuse me.
Do you have a security service? I have an idea that your development department has been infiltrated by people from a competitor and instead of fixing it they are destroying the game.

Lol.

It's a totally different kind of network traffic.
I'm not saying frontiers system is good, it's got.... Some real problems which they seem a tad in denial of, but that comparison you just used is laughable
I disagree. It demonstrates the differnce between a game that has a proper, scaling infrastructure behind it, and one that picked the cheap option of using peer to peer networking trying to put Wings and Teams together and controlling their horrendous instancing.

Oh dear lord it just goes on and on. It's a gaming forum, read it or don't read it but please stop going on like you are in some way entitled to demand that the other posters are only allowed to parrot your opinion.

😜

They also need to refund odyssey until it actually works.
I don't agree with that.
It would be the best way to kill the game (it would at least mean no more content/development, no more support, minimal bugfixes, ...)
As a business, FD need money to maintain ED (horizon and odyssey) but also its other titles.
If ED becomes a money sink it would be more efficient for FD to stop working on it totally and focus all its energy elsewhere.
Definitely not something I want...

(edited typos)

Last edited:
I don't agree with that.
It would be the best way to kill the game (it would at least mean no more content/development, no more support, minimal bugfixes, ...)
As a business, FD need money to maintain ED (horizon and odyssey) but also its other titles.
If ED becomes a money sink it would be more efficient for them to stop working on it totally and focus all its energy elsewhere.
It's definitely not something I want...

(edited for typos)
They also need to attempt to restore their reputation with an angry player base, which in the long term I think would outweigh the short term loss, which wouldn’t be that high as I’m not talking about an automatic refund, just to allow refunds on request.

They also need to attempt to restore their reputation with an angry player base, which in the long term I think would outweigh the short term loss, which wouldn’t be that high as I’m not talking about an automatic refund, just to allow refunds on request.

I'm not even sure they could do it even they wanted to.
Steam, Epic,... would certainly not be very happy about it.
If bought from the frontier store would probably have been simpler to refund on request though...

Top Bottom