State of the Game

1a5838704031fe852b562e62d5abbcc8.jpg

It would fit the direction they're taking the show in, that's for sure.

I think it would blend in over a wide range of time periods in modern days and locales ...and with a slight change to wood instead of plastic, even historic times in less urban settings.

plus if it looks authentic enough on the outside, people will not think to use it and completely ignore it wherever you ended up placing it.

in all aspects, it's a better fit than a phone booth. Even during the time of phone booths..

given the budget of doctor who shows that i've seen snippets of ... i was thinking it would look more along the lines of these

1626880251063.png

Of course, once the door is closed the inside changes to the traditional tardis interior and all.

TEDx talk #3

What should doctor who's new tardis be modeled after. Since the use of a phone booth is completely irrelevant to anyone less than 50 years old and serves absolutely no purpose in any episodes taking place in what anyone would recognize as current day.

I posit that the tardis should be a port-a-potty/outhouse like you'd find at a construction site or music festival.
Not sure if this is a thing in other countries, but in the UK they have re-purposed a lot of phone boxes to house a defibrillilator, which I think is a super cool idea...

Not sure if this is a thing in other countries, but in the UK they have re-purposed a lot of phone boxes to house a defibrillilator, which I think is a super cool idea...
It would be even cooler if anybody still knew what one looks like, not to mention having a remote desire to go looking for one.

Unless they're old enough to remember that you can find Suzy Crotchrot's phone number in there, that is. For a good time, of course.

sounds expensive to maintain. obviously not something we're doing in the US (not that we kept those things around at all anyway...they're all gone)

We're coming to the end of this blasted heatwave, and thank God for that. Just today and tomorrow remain. Friday we'll have a day of average summer weather - which is good, because I plan to visit my sister on that day (she managed to grab a PS5, apparently her colleague has a buying bot that cost £2000!). Saturday and Sunday we have a rain warning, absolutely blissful. After that it's just regular summer weather again.

So close to the light at the end of this horrible, sweaty tunnel.

Top Bottom