State of the Game

1bf12f217c906d0e7bd43687be400bc3.jpeg

Hahahaha! ;)

the matrix is an ai that's only had itself and humanity to train from. The Borg have had thousands of different life forms to model from. Countless memories and strategies to base actions on. The matrix has only models built off it's sample of humanity.

The matrix would get assimilated at best, destroyed as inferior tech to what the borg already has (likely).
So the Borg does everything by committee, with a very diverse set of members. So UN in space. OK, the Borg soil microbes may win, but the Star Trek ones just sit around and talk everything to oblivion.

:D S

Last edited:
So the Borg does everything by committee, with a very diverse set of members. So UN in space. OK, the Borg soil microbes may win, but the Star Trek ones just sit around and talk everything to oblivion.

that's not how even the portrayed borg act though. there is no committee ...which is a thing and an implied problem because of individuals having to agree. There are no individuals in the Borg. There is only the collective. Something that doesn't exist in actual reality for living things to really compare to.

It's everything positive about groups of individuals with the function as if it was an individual. Without going insane from the fragmentation of consciousness and identity.

The idea of the Borg is really OP ...too OP for the star trek universe. But star trek hasn't really been too concerned with having OP species in the show, (Q) and kind of glossing over that aspect and making them more on par with humanity.

Ok, it gave me an idea how to destroy/stop Borg.

I would let them absorb me, and then I would effectively paralyze it by an old idea of my folk.
It was already tested - we lost our country for over 100 years thanks to that.

You'd be absorbed, and immediately any idea you had about exerting your will would be gone.

they'd have that nugget of info filed away into cold storage never to be utilized and use your body as a meat shield when assimilating the next species.

You'd be absorbed, and immediately any idea you had about exerting your will would be gone.

they'd have that nugget of info filed away into cold storage never to be utilized and use your body as a meat shield when assimilating the next species.
Dream on.

My people were thinking the same when the let this idea sink.
"Oh, we are so united, so progressive, we want a system where majority has to respect the voice of minority so strongly, that even a single representative nobleman unhappy with the decision to be made, can exercise a veto against it"

Poles had also a crazy idea of having the king ELECTED instead of the usual
I am an idiot but my father was a King so I will be too

Monarchies in Europe didn't like this idea very much, so they bribed some Polish morons to veto against everything until our beautiful, progressive system collapsed and Poland was partitioned.

Last edited:
i gotta do a bunch of mining before turning my carrier around to go back to the bubble.

which since odyssey, mining has been extremely frustrating because it seems like the hot spots can't even be relied upon to having the item in question concentrated at the center. Playing shoot the limpet at the rock is not as much fun as you'd think when you go half a dozen minutes before finding anything worth mining between every other good find for hours at a time. Netting 1 limpet per ton of valuable commodity is - BORING -

Last edited:
Dream on.

My people were thinking the same when the let this idea sink.
"Oh, we are so united, so progressive, we want a system where majority has to respect the voice of minority so strongly, that even a single representative unhappy with the decision to be made, can exercise a veto against it"

Poles had also a crazy idea of having the king ELECTED instead of the usual
I am an idiot but my father was a King so I will be too

Monarchies in Europe didn't like this idea very much, so they bought some Polish morons to veto against everything until our beautiful, progressive system collapsed and Poland was partitioned.
except that tool hasn't been able to trick anyone else into implementing it. There is no reason to think the borg (which would have the combined experience of thousands of races with political systems) would fall for it.

You may think highly of the polish, but they weren't gods of political insight that fell victim to their own ingenious contrived political rule. This thing would be identified as a problem and dealt with ...also, the borg have no need for political rules or care about what they even mean. they do not negotiate nor have their own.

that's not how even the portrayed borg act though. there is no committee ...which is a thing and an implied problem because of individuals having to agree. There are no individuals in the Borg. There is only the collective. Something that doesn't exist in actual reality for living things to really compare to.

It's everything positive about groups of individuals with the function as if it was an individual. Without going insane from the fragmentation of consciousness and identity.

The idea of the Borg is really OP ...too OP for the star trek universe. But star trek hasn't really been too concerned with having OP species in the show, (Q) and kind of glossing over that aspect and making them more on par with humanity.

Well - who‘s actually in charge of the Borg is a matter for discussion

A2C93BC0-CE4C-4D03-9046-769DB6CF5687.jpeg

Star Trek has long been about sci-fi theories (such as the hivemind), but without really working the consequences through. Even the Man-Kzin wars almost made it into Star Trek. That could have been fun, as the early stories were about turning everything that could be turned into a weapon, into a weapon indeed. Alas...

i gotta do a bunch of mining before turning my carrier around to go back to the bubble.

which since odyssey, mining has been extremely frustrating because it seems like the hot spots can't even be relied upon to having the item in question concentrated at the center. Playing shoot the limpet at the rock is not as much fun as you'd think when you go half a dozen minutes before finding anything worth mining between every other good find for hours at a time. Netting 1 limpet per ton of valuable commodity is - BORING -
Have you tried SSD mining Tritium?
It used to be more efficient then lasers....
several patches ago, when I last checked.

F!

I was typing here and failed to notice that I am flying in SC on full speed directly into some landable planet...

Game dropped me from SC like a few hundred meters from planet's surface instead of the "exclusion zone" edge, I could see the rocks after a small lag when assets were loaded and planet was transparent.

Before I grabbed the controls my Mamba was already doing several hundred m/s towards the surface.

Luckily I have remembered a hotkey to kill the exe I made exactly for such incidents.

Not this time, bugs.

I slipped through Death's grab again.

Last edited:
F!

I was typing here and failed to notice that I am flying in SC on full speed directly into some landable planet...

Game dropped me from SC like a few hundred meters from planet's surface instead of the "exclusion zone" edge, I could see the rocks after a small lag when assets were loaded and planet was transparent.

Before I grabbed the controls my Mamba was already doing several hundred m/s towards the surface.

Luckily I have remembered a hotkey to kill the exe I made exactly for such incidents.

Not this time, bugs.

I slipped through Death's grab again.

you're just being anti-difficult. players complain about the game being too easy, but add in something like this to make it hard and OH noooo...can't have that.

Just like the players who say it's too easy to progress in the game. But when Fdev benevolently gives us huge time sinks to slow that progress down. Ohhh noooo.. Can't have that.

It's almost like there's no pleasing some people.

Top Bottom