State of the Game

Is this the borg before they jumped the shark and decided after meeting humanity that they needed a leader ? or the borg that assimilated untold numbers of civilizations to make their biological and technical identify part of their own?

I think the borg would have been able to adapt to the matrix and destroy it. The matrix only had humanity to model it's own technological makeup off of. As such, it's limited and should be predictable. The borg have thousands of totally independent alien beings with different ways of thinking and different ways of processing information to call upon.

Star trek obviously defeats the borg with human spirit and ideals and all that ...but that's just cuz it's written by humans. The borg should be unstoppable ...(at least to any individual effort by a race not far more ancient than the borg or any of their assimilated races were)
The weak point of borg could be it's predictability.

I mean, even humans become predictable and easier to control when they start to "herd".
If this is a general rule for other intelligent life species, borg would become very easy to predict considering it's size.

and is anyone in the entire universe actually interested in this NMLA storyline?

the pace of the narrative is speeding along like the game is going to last for 25 years and the rest of the development of the game is behaving like it's already on life support.

I'm pretty sure the helm is just sitting there with the wheel spinning
This name gives me bad vibe.
Too similar to NaMbLA, a topic I have made some research about and it made my skin crawl.
Especially how late were they expelled form "diversity community".

Spotted on another forum...
Image2.jpg

Maybe I shouldn't be unkind...

SC also had a "free to fly week" starting 21st May... Which just happens to coincide with the "SC betta!" comments because of Odyssey delivering a seriously unoptimised release!

RSI couldn't have known, could they? :ROFLMAO:

The weak point of borg could be it's predictability.

I mean, even humans become predictable and easier to control when they start to "herd".
If this is a general rule for other intelligent life species, borg would become very easy to predict considering it's size.

the borg wouldn't herd ...they wouldn't think or behave like any kind of life we'd recognize outside of the goal of assimilating higher life forms (with an attraction for the more advanced kinds it hasn't already assimilated).

herds dont behave the way they do because they are of a singular mind. They behave that way because they have a common objective for each individual and this becomes amplified by the group. That's entirely different from the borg collective. We have no analogue to this kind of behavior. Even insects that take direction from a monarch doesn't behave this way.

And then you come up against the idea that even if you knew what they were going to do.... what would you do to stop them? If i'm a bug and i see a vacuum coming my way and i knew it was coming for me and i knew how it worked and how to survive...i still wouldn't be able to do anything about it coming for me. If i couldn't run away in time, it wouldn't change the end result.

And then you come up against the idea that even if you knew what they were going to do.... what would you do to stop them? If i'm a bug and i see a vacuum coming my way and i knew it was coming for me and i knew how it worked and how to survive...i still wouldn't be able to do anything about it coming for me. If i couldn't run away in time, it wouldn't change the end result.
I would probably be selling T-Shirts with cool quotes, like

"Bork the Borg!"

the matrix is an ai that's only had itself and humanity to train from. The Borg have had thousands of different life forms to model from. Countless memories and strategies to base actions on. The matrix has only models built off it's sample of humanity.

The matrix would get assimilated at best, destroyed as inferior tech to what the borg already has (likely).

Top Bottom