Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Time for a trip down memory lane. To 2017 precisely.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5hgs3n Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5hgs3n/please_dont_upvote_just_a_post_to_share_my/

SQ42 delayed to 2018? What an optimist!

Poor guy was downvoted as well. Can't know of course if it was people thinking he was being too optimistic or too pessimistic.
His predictions are crap. I would downvote, too at such a low confidence level. Mental ballast.

SC also has Kate, D2EA, OA and others now. They must have lost some brain cells 😏
Influencers opinions mean no more to me than infomercials on late night tv.

I watch them once in a great while (Usually to figure something out in ED) but don't trust the opinions of people financially invested in anything.

I will probably try a free fly at some point and form my own opinion. But early access ain't my thing. I dont want to bug report and test a game.

Mole / Sovapid are pretty much the only opinions I trust around here.

I'd add @GreySix to the list. While he's not a regular here, I've often read his posts on Spectrum and he's one of the few sane people in that madhouse.

Nobody should trust my opinion of course. I'm just a fudding fudster!
I trust your opinion as far as ethics and morality goes but you don't play the game much so there's no portion there to trust or not.

Ill be honest Mole almost had me buy (Passive influence) a starter package a couple times. Then I just think of the bugs and connection probs and nope out.

Odyssey taught me I really hate early access and can't stomach it. No new games for me. Six months released minimum now, hard rule.

I missed this gem:

"The team also tested and documented new tech that should get trams and elevators working correctly in-game, which will allow them to play chapter 5 from start to finish."

Zyloh really is a time traveling wizard.

There does seem to be a propensity these days to push out unfinished bug riddled games as complete.

I would say at least CIG are very open about what it is they are selling but its more than that, it was the only way to raise money to even start, i would argue the amount of physical work in the game as it is right now is way beyond the bulk of published games.

Last edited:
I trust your opinion as far as ethics and morality goes but you don't play the game much so there's no portion there to trust or not.

Ill be honest Mole almost had me buy (Passive influence) a starter package a couple times. Then I just think of the bugs and connection probs and nope out.

Odyssey taught me I really hate early access and can't stomach it. No new games for me. Six months released minimum now, hard rule.

Oh, yeah, i don't have much to say about the gameplay, except to poke fun at some of the design decisions and content. I certainly don't expect people to listen to my opinion on those. To each their own. ;)

I've done the odd free-fly, but i'm probably done with those now. Its always an exercise in frustration for me, especially performance. I can imagine by the time i get a new graphics card CIG will increase the system requirements yet again anyway.

Early access has really gotten out of hand these days with developers increasingly relying on hype and marketing over delivering quality products and EA then sucking people in and excusing issues in the product because of the sunk cost effect, to the point where bugs and performance issues are normalized.

Epic Games really took the biscuit when they kept Fortnite as an Early Access game for years, despite being one of the most popular games of the time.

CIG have taken it to a whole new level as well. No deadlines, no release date, just eternal alpha that some backers will defend to the hilt, combined with highly predatory marketing practices.

Top Bottom