Stop askin ship interiors!!!

They did...with the Conda. They also gave it a damage model. Then they realised how long it would take for all ships and dropped it.
The degree of fdev not caring is honestly amazing. Not only did they abandon this great idea that they already had a beautiful and functioning prototype for, which on it's own really ups the immersion IMO, they couldn't even be bothered the remove it for the sake of CONSISTENCY. Now we have one ship in the whole elite universe that can take physical damage before exploding apparently.

The video explicitly says about all the rich content that ship interiors could bring and talks about none module damage stuffs.

Just saying
That's just shooting the breeze though. Like lots of other early speculation about can and can't be done. It was given no greater priority than big game hunting.

Look guys, i know. It would be cool - walk inside your ship.
But you ask it like "no matter what the cost - give us interiors!!!"

It look stupid.

Elite have much more importarnt thing to fix and add.
And if compare - interiors isn't even on second page of this list...
Few comparsions for example:
Landable general planets vs interiors
Volumetric clouds on atmo worlds vs interiors
Rivers, lakes, oceans vs interiors
Full-sized woods and flore vs interiors
Full sized cities vs interiors
Etc. etc. etc.
Do i need to continue?
I'm personally would not choose interiors in any of that examples

I'm not against interiors but this becomes too much annoying...
So cool down - you get it when it will ready.
Do not disturb devs, they have work to do.
I have a feeling ship interiors are so important to players because of how much and how often FDev has played up ship interiors to pre-sell game licenses. For the last 6 years FDev has been saying "We want ship interiors!" (paraphrasing) over and over again. With this latest reversal (of many), ship interiors are standing in for ALL of the features FDev have promoted through the years BEFORE they released a product, features that somehow didn't make it into the product AFTER thousands purchased licenses pre-release.

Frankly I just want cockpits that feel reasonably scaled for the ship in question, there's a lot of room to improve the models and designs we've already got, and having a push to do ship interiors would also likely effect ship exteriors in perhaps a positive way, as well as perhaps highlighting things that are overbalanced and could be fixed.

25902156-5F8F-49BA-A806-59D502A218B2.jpeg
ED in a nutshell

Top Bottom