Rainforest Animal Pack Ideas

Now I think most of us here think that we're either gonna be getting North America or Europe packs next, but I think afterwards another animal pack could be likely, maybe touching on animals from rainforests across the world that may have been missing from other packs, stuff like capybaras or gibbons. What would YOUR dream rainforest pack look like? what animals would you want/ not want to see?

Personally I'm not sure why we're all so convinced it's going to be North America or Europe next. Out of those two options I'd prefer Europe, but really it could be anything. It could even be a Rainforest Pack.

The rainforest animals I want to see the most are the capybara, Asian small-clawed otter, Diana monkey, red river hog, and either the panther or Jackson's chameleon (not fussed on which; I'm more familiar with the Jackson's but the panther is more iconic). I also think a rainforest pack would be a good place for a small cat like the ocelot or margay. I've ommitted the siamang, which is really my top choice, because I don't think it will come without a climbing enhancement, and I don't see that happening for 1.7.

Personally I'm not sure why we're all so convinced it's going to be North America or Europe next. Out of those two options I'd prefer Europe, but really it could be anything. It could even be a Rainforest Pack.

The rainforest animals I want to see the most are the capybara, Asian small-clawed otter, Diana monkey, red river hog, and either the panther or Jackson's chameleon (not fussed on which; I'm more familiar with the Jackson's but the panther is more iconic). I also think a rainforest pack would be a good place for a small cat like the ocelot or margay. I've ommitted the siamang, which is really my top choice, because I don't think it will come without a climbing enhancement, and I don't see that happening for 1.7.
Probably because they are the only two major regions that haven't had the pack treatment yet, great choices by the way!

Probably because they are the only two regions that haven't had the pack treatment yet, great choices by the way!
Yeah, I get that, but it's more that the community seems to have taken it as a given. For a while I did, too, but then I realised, wait a minute, we don't have any real evidence to suggest we're getting either North America or Europe; it's just a broad assumption. It might prove true, of course, but I guess I feel like everyone should prepare for the possibility that it isn't going to be either of those packs.

I'm more convinced that birds are coming in December, however.

Yeah, I get that, but it's more that the community seems to have taken it as a given. For a while I did, too, but then I realised, wait a minute, we don't have any real evidence to suggest we're getting either North America or Europe; it's just a broad assumption. It might prove true, of course, but I guess I feel like everyone should prepare for the possibility that it isn't going to be either of those packs.

I'm more convinced that birds are coming in December, however.
same here, it could be those two, or something totally different, though I will say we basically knew based on inference that south america and australia were happening leading up to them even though we didn't know anything about them iirc

same goes with the birds, we've only had aquatic to back this theory but big stuff seems to happen around the holidays

same goes with the birds, we've only had aquatic to back this theory but big stuff seems to happen around the holidays
Well, with birds there's a little more to it. The engine update in conjunction with JWE2 is a big one, considering the main new feature of JWE2 is flying reptiles and (probably) modular aviaries, and datamining revealed that the peafowl will be given the ability to fly in a future update.

Well, with birds there's a little more to it. The engine update in conjunction with JWE2 is a big one, considering the main new feature of JWE2 is flying reptiles and (probably) modular aviaries, and datamining revealed that the peafowl will be given the ability to fly in a future update.
Where'd you get that from? Ik the fact that jaguars are getting diving was datamined for 1.7

Where'd you get that from? Ik the fact that jaguars are getting diving was datamined for 1.7
Back in early 1.5 patch, LR mentioned on stream that flying is technically in the game based on female/juvenile peafowl files. He said that they want to fly as much as gorillas climb (he probably forgot gorillas actually have climbing need in PZ). Overall there is probably hidden 5th animal need for space(beside land, water, climbing and deep): minimum open space to fly. Some animals have disabled space needs, like giant otter for climbing. Since there is no flying officialy yet, peafowls have disabled open air space option for now.
Atleast i understand it like that.

Actually the rainforest animal pack would be a total dope for me 🤩

If regular DLC, which I think it would be:

Capybara - most wanted animal now and would be aquatic - swimming probably the same way as hippos do
Javan leopard - lesser known, CR endangered and would be a nice surprise to see this lesser known subspecies - held in 4 European zoos
Lar gibbon - would introduce brachiation and I’m really waiting for that
Red River hog - colorful piggy that I love the most of them all

If the animal pack:

Tree kangaroo - amazing marsupial that also climb trees
Howler monkey - still waiting to hear them howl in the game
Coati - very playful and entertaining new type of animal and first Procyonidae in the game

EX: Panther chameleon

who datamined that jaguars would swim in 1.7?

Last edited:
Actually the rainforest animal pack would be a total dope for me 🤩

Capybara - most wanted animal now and would be aquatic
Red River hog - colorful piggy that I love the most
Tree kangaroo - amazing marsupial that also climb trees
Lar gibbon - would introduce brachiation and I’m really waiting for that
Howler monkey - still waiting to hear them howl in the game
Javan leopard - CR and would be a nice surprise to see this subspecies held in 4 European zoos
Coati - very playful and entertaining new type of animal and first Procyonidae in the game

who datamined that jaguars would swim in 1.7?
great choices!

That person can reveal themselves if they so choose. But I think it's been common knowledge for a while now. There were hidden files for a long time
Thanks. Is there anything else that is commonly known about the 1.7 update except for the Jaguars?

Last edited:
Top Bottom