Rainforest Animal Pack Ideas

Just to clear the air, we found:

Jaguar under the Deep Diving section of the Animal FDB in Content2’s Main.ovl

A Rainforest theme in addition to the South America theme in Content2’s ModularScenery FDB in the Main.ovl

A terrain selector when you hold control and click resume on a pre existing map. Still has all the leftover assets and UI of Planet Coaster.

There’s probably more but this is pretty much the bigger stuff.

A Rainforest theme in addition to the South America theme in Content2’s ModularScenery FDB in the Main.ovl
Wasn't it just confirmed to be part of South America pack? Looking now at it with how Africa Pack have 2 themes under one name (Moroccan and Egyptian themes) it really appears that SA and Rainforest themes are separate and we will get rainforest pack in the future.

Back to the topic:
  • Lar Gibbon (Face of the pack. That animal, which is always on left side of dlc poster)
  • Capybara (Common basic animal that just fit the pack)
  • Asian SC Otter (Easy animal to make, cute factor)
  • Fossa (Wouldnt be frontier without including niche animal for general audience)
  • Panter Chameleon (Exhibit)
Honorable mentions: Howler Monkey, Sri Lanka Leopard, Red River Hog
Theme: I dont know, but if frontier preparing something like this they must have good plan.

I'll take a crack:

1. Capybara
2. Red river hog
3. White-nosed coatimundi
4. Lar gibbon
5. White-faced saki
6. Goodfellow's tree kangaroo
7. Fossa
Exhibit: Green tree python
I would kind of love to see Fossa in the game too, but I am not so sure if they live in the Rainforests or more like dry deciduous forests? Do anybody can confirm that?

Wasn't it just confirmed to be part of South America pack? Looking now at it with how Africa Pack have 2 themes under one name (Moroccan and Egyptian themes) it really appears that SA and Rainforest themes are separate and we will get rainforest pack in the future.

Back to the topic:
  • Lar Gibbon (Face of the pack. That animal, which is always on left side of dlc poster)
  • Capybara (Common basic animal that just fit the pack)
  • Asian SC Otter (Easy animal to make, cute factor)
  • Fossa (Wouldnt be frontier without including niche animal for general audience)
  • Panter Chameleon (Exhibit)
Honorable mentions: Howler Monkey, Sri Lanka Leopard, Red River Hog
Theme: I dont know, but if frontier preparing something like this they must have good plan.
I am probably the only one in that forum with those thoughts, but I do genuinely love the Giant otters and I found them enough in the otter department.
But of course I do respect people who want Asian SC otter since I desperately want the 3rd swine 😂

I would kind of love to see Fossa in the game too, but I am not so sure if they live in the Rainforests or more like dry deciduous forests? Do anybody can confirm that?
They exist over basically the entire island so you could put them in tropical rainforest as well as desert and maybe even temperate depending on how you classify dry tropical forests in PZ.

I am probably the only one in that forum with those thoughts, but I do genuinely love the Giant otters and I found them enough in the otter department.
But of course I do respect people who want Asian SC otter since I desperately want the 3rd swine 😂
I like giant otter, but i also understand people who want second otter. Frontier will often opt to reuse rigs and animations, so second otter is on the table.

I still can’t understand how could they fix Binturong, Dhole, make such a perfect sign for the Malayan tapir and still don’t do nothing about this mediocre reskin that Malayan tapir unfortunately is.
stub·born
adjective
-having or showing dogged determination not to change one's attitude or position on something, especially in spite of good arguments or reasons to do so.
Synonyms: Hardheaded, ornery, inflexible

Lol, jokes aside, Jens commented a few months ago on a thread about it, so they're aware of it. I just think they don't care enough to fix it/don't think it's worth the effort. They could've patched it in at any point over the past 5 months, they just haven't. Is what it is I suppose. I won't stop asking for it.

While a rainforest pack would be neat, what if it were just jungles and forests in general? Either way, Capybara and potentially Gibbon would be the headlining animals. If they did this theme and did not include a capybara I think our forums would break. As it is, I'm totally willing to wait on some other continent packs if we got something that gave us the capybara first.

I'd love to see a theme that took one animal from North America, South America, Australia, Africa and Asia, but I think that would work better with a general forest theme than rainforests. Both Australia and North America have a tiny little bit of them, but since it's possible we'd be including Central America in with North America that would give us another area to work with. I'm also trying desperately to match up the Australia stretch of rainforests in with wombat distribution, just so we're all clear :ROFLMAO: The Tasmanian Devil might work though.... Red River Hog could definitely work for Africa based on what I'm seeing on distribution, and I think would be fairly high on remaining wanted African animals list. .

Rainforests could also make for a good aboreal pack with gibbons, fossas, sloths, tree kangaroos and either a chameleon or a tree phytoon.
I would prefer a 4+1, as that would leave more time to figure out brachiation and whatever the sloth is doing + maybe some general twerks and additions to the climbing in the game, for example giving king louie his grove back.
Because no one should habe ever disturb the kings grove.

Oobee doo, the King agrees with you (I love the actor/singer's music, by the way. Louis Prima)

Although the game has an abhmdmace of tropical animals, I'm never one to shy away. The advantage to a biome pack is that it can be filled with a nice, worldwide roster. Therefore it can be used to add a couple of missing essentials for every corner of the globe.

Examples:

South America
1. Capybara
2. Any American primate (leaning towards howler monkeys)
3. Ocelot
Oceania
4. Tasmanian devil(?)
5. Tree kangaroo
Asia
6. Golden pheasant(?)
7. Leopard
Africa
8. Black or green mamba

Personally, if it's a rainforst pack, I would prefer Temperate rainforest over Tropical. Because everyone forgets that temperate rainforests exists. As as some who lives within a few hours drive of temperate rainforest, and about a half-hour drive from the broken remains of another, it's kinda sad.

Plus, then the pack gets to focus on the North America Northwest, and New Zealand, and you could reasonably throw some love to the Montane cloud forests of the world.

Personally, if it's a rainforst pack, I would prefer Temperate rainforest over Tropical. Because everyone forgets that temperate rainforests exists. As as some who lives within a few hours drive of temperate rainforest, and about a half-hour drive from the broken remains of another, it's kinda sad.

Plus, then the pack gets to focus on the North America Northwest, and New Zealand, and you could reasonably throw some love to the Montane cloud forests of the world.
Tasmania, too, right? That would be good, as well

What animals would fit this category?

Top Bottom