The great big Odyssey Screenshots thread

Some beautiful pictures there. 👍

The reason you can't upload directly is the size of your images. They seem to be uncompressed jpgs, all 1,85 Mb in size. I compress my images to 85% so they usually stay under 500Kb, which the forum still accepts.

Here is a tip: If you don't want to compress each image afterwards and are an Nvidia user, you can take MSI afterburner to do the screenshots. This can be in jpeg and whatever compression factor you set.
thanks. My originals are .png actually, each is 2 - 12mb depending on scene (darker images take less space as there's less data). I use image converter to convert them into .jpg, but I don't lower the quality .. I can't stand some potato quality images. I have 4k monitor, so even 1080p looks awful.

Patreon has decent limits for images, so I just put them there. Or occasionally I use imgur too.
that said, here are some latest, including the ones from the planet with red atmosphere, it looks absolutely stunning!
https://www.patreon.com/posts/55238159

CMDRs Log stardate 210823

Previously

After a quick rest we wake up in the dark. This is not your usual dark though.
q706vM1.png

Fun tip - switch off your headlights and avoid looking at the wave scanner - it ruins your vision. Now this is navigating by the light of the Milky Way!
MBJm6sp.png

Fungoids found!
r8Qghq1.png

Note how there does not seem to be any green in the light coming from the stars!

Moving on and never missing an opportunity to do some remote selfies...
XV0ZqSW.png

It's a long way from the last paint job for the Star of the East...
Zqmwu4w.png

Inspections of such a large ship can leave you feeling very small!
GuCxU6u.png

This T-Tauri star decided that my paint job should be pink. I'm sure @sallymorganmoore approves...
JdkDMXM.png

Large fields of these Fungoid Gelata exist only in very small pockets on this planet, but where they are found, they are found in large numbers.
waE0YKB.png

Me - "Ah, the Gelato has got me - I can't move."
Gelato - "Take me to you glida!"

Yeah, I know, very few of you got that. Don't worry. Someone will hurt.
A68t8tb.png

We are 185 jumps from the centre of the galaxy. We still haven't found what we're looking for. What? You too?

I think space madness may be setting in.

o7

Next

Last edited:

Odyssey is beautifully colourful...
Lovely skies.. (y) (y) . I'm now looking at the atmosphere gaseous compositions for the very first time.. makes me think :unsure:... with the right combinations of atmosphere gases the engineers🔧 of 3307 could set up optimum welding facilities on the planets 🪐with the atmosphere of the perfect welding shielding gas composition... i.e my favorite best practice MIG Welding gas; BOC Argoshield Light which is 91.9% Argon + 5% CO2 + 3.1% Oxygen ..... in my galactic travels🚀 I'm now looking for this particular atmosphere. 🤣o7

Props to FDev for the minute detail embedded in their game (Sim)

Last edited:
Top Bottom