Game Discussions The No Man's Sky Thread

Where are the usual suspects asking for your stuff?
oh right, most that play NMS are pretty laid back and don’t need passive aggressive behaviour to try and belittle someone for expressing an opinion

Apologies for the passive aggressive :D
I'm actually going to reinstall (grrrrr) and try the expeditions. My stuffz are on hold for now :sneaky:

Wow.

Just waiting for some minerals to extract, pretty much done all of phase 1-3, most of 4. This was absolutely great, having so much fun. About half the milestones were filling gaps in things i hadn't tried before. The only bugs i encountered were not being able to place a exocraft bay inside your base.

- Im amazed at how much fun exocraft are. This is interesting because they're exactly the srv.. i had no idea one of the headline usecases in odysee had been done before in no mans sky.. and so effectively. The only way people are positive about elite is if you haven't played no mans sky.. because after experiencing this, elite suddenly becomes 1% of no mans sky, not the best game in the universe. The srv driving is so much fun. I guess elites is as well, but its just that bit extra, like the developers finished the game or something.

- Im getting used to the art style, ie im not noticing it. Recommend setting post processing to ultra for the cheapest quality upgrades.

- The new flight model im really starting to like.

- I almost wept how i found out.. one of my fantasies for a class of passenger missions was basically timed canyon boosting. Frontier of course just gave us cargo transport from a different menu. No mans sky just ripped that fantasy out of my head and made it a milestone. Don't know what to say. I didn't even tell them.

- Yeah no mans sky is what odysee should have been. Or something like it. Sure they're in different games, but it makes sense to be playing it now. How did we ever give so much praise to frontier for elite when this exists? Guess we didn't know.

- ... Its good that these expeditions are infrequent. I couldn't imagine doing another one of these until long after the last one was forgotten. But the fact that they go all out with 5 days worth of great twitch drops as well makes a good event.

Also yeah this would be pretty brutal for new players. I even reloaded a save because i thought i needed a medium refiner to make horax, but one of the other milestones gave the blueprints (and its inventory crafted). Also my s class class explorer doesn't have a fin like other players. Booo. Don't really care though, not keeping this save.

Yeah wow, that's great.

Hoping someone can help...

I have this bug where I try to start the community expedition but it says it's complete. I tried all the possible solutions listed (and a couple others from elsewhere) but no luck. I'm on GOG. Any more ideas?

Wow.

Just waiting for some minerals to extract, pretty much done all of phase 1-3, most of 4. This was absolutely great, having so much fun. About half the milestones were filling gaps in things i hadn't tried before. The only bugs i encountered were not being able to place a exocraft bay inside your base.

- Im amazed at how much fun exocraft are. This is interesting because they're exactly the srv.. i had no idea one of the headline usecases in odysee had been done before in no mans sky.. and so effectively. The only way people are positive about elite is if you haven't played no mans sky.. because after experiencing this, elite suddenly becomes 1% of no mans sky, not the best game in the universe. The srv driving is so much fun. I guess elites is as well, but its just that bit extra, like the developers finished the game or something.

- Im getting used to the art style, ie im not noticing it. Recommend setting post processing to ultra for the cheapest quality upgrades.

- The new flight model im really starting to like.

- I almost wept how i found out.. one of my fantasies for a class of passenger missions was basically timed canyon boosting. Frontier of course just gave us cargo transport from a different menu. No mans sky just ripped that fantasy out of my head and made it a milestone. Don't know what to say. I didn't even tell them.

- Yeah no mans sky is what odysee should have been. Or something like it. Sure they're in different games, but it makes sense to be playing it now. How did we ever give so much praise to frontier for elite when this exists? Guess we didn't know.

- ... Its good that these expeditions are infrequent. I couldn't imagine doing another one of these until long after the last one was forgotten. But the fact that they go all out with 5 days worth of great twitch drops as well makes a good event.

Also yeah this would be pretty brutal for new players. I even reloaded a save because i thought i needed a medium refiner to make horax, but one of the other milestones gave the blueprints (and its inventory crafted). Also my s class class explorer doesn't have a fin like other players. Booo. Don't really care though, not keeping this save.

Yeah wow, that's great.
Keep the save anyway. You might find the ship you want and add it to your "fleet" later on. You can have up to 6 ships. I wish they would allow more, but in reality, you end up using only one anyway.

Hoping someone can help...

I have this bug where I try to start the community expedition but it says it's complete. I tried all the possible solutions listed (and a couple others from elsewhere) but no luck. I'm on GOG. Any more ideas?
Did you try changing the clock, as they suggest in the thread? Clearing cache? If so, report it or contact support.

Okay that was stupid. Not knowing how to use the galaxy map really, i was going for ages. Well i do now :)

That wasn't funny :p

Done now. I guess it was memorable.

Another bonus.. i read in passing that if you decline your free freighter, you are supposed to reroll one on every jump.. know that this works now.. tempted to start again again even.

Little stuck on the expedition, to complete certain things for blueprints requires me to walk 12 hrs to some building. Stupid herox requirement for broken ship.
My main save is me ignoring all else for farming for stasis device & fusion ignitor for now.
After heading to a wealthy state system, spent an hour hoping an exotic would spawn, no luck, so instead spent 45M on a A freighter, and 12M(?) on a S trade frigate.
My main S grade explo ship is no slouch (900+ LY jumps), but I've always wanted to get an exotic.
Funny thing, pre release, I made fun of this game's graphics, and wasn't interested in it.
Waited for a number of years before buying it, but when they went to a linux release, and a sale, I bought it. 2 or 3 years ago?
It's a fun game, cartoon graphics aside, which I no longer see.

Last edited:
Currently use 3 ships...
1 ship =for everyday jumping...
2 ship =for wormhole travel with minimum items fitted this way very little can be damaged in the wormhole jump... save stupid repairs time.
3 ship = FC/capital ship. jumps greater distances than personal ships per each hypercore getting to next wormhole in a single jump with capital ship...

Little stuck on the expedition, to complete certain things for blueprints requires me to walk 12 hrs to some building. Stupid herox requirement for broken ship.
My main save is me ignoring all else for farming for stasis device & fusion ignitor for now.
After heading to a wealthy state system, spent an hour hoping an exotic would spawn, no luck, so instead spent 45M on a A freighter, and 12M(?) on a S trade freighter.
My main S grade explo ship is no slouch (900+ LY jumps), but I've always wanted to get an exotic.
Funny thing, pre release, I made fun of this game's graphics, and wasn't interested in it.
Waited for a number of years before buying it, but when they went to a linux release, and a sale, I bought it. 2 or 3 years ago?

Yeah i like it how after a while you stop seeing the cartoons. For the expedition, make the bike exocraft (the planet has silver) and install all the useful upgrades, including scanner range (dont forget to make the scanner as well like i did). Then use the x menu to find a trade outpost and drive there. Also it seems there's a bug in placing the exocraft dispenser items.. they only work outside your base. I put them down and made a new one around it. For me it was great because someone decided to clean up their base and i was able to do it right next to my ship.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: EUS
After heading to a wealthy state system, spent an hour hoping an exotic would spawn, no luck, so instead spent 45M on a A freighter, and 12M(?) on a S trade freighter.
One of the first blueprints I try to buy/get from the Anomaly base building station is one of the faster land vehicles (like the Roamer). Not only does it help moving around faster, but it gives you extra storage and with a few upgrades protects you from the storms. And when you add the scanner modules, you can scan for drop pods where you can upgrade your suit storage. You have the backpack, your spaceship, and the roamer, then you can survive anything. :D

Found the weirdest rock formation I've seen so far:
34B2C605F0C5545BA142B8F8670E22718064EA68

9B0E57A3722EB2445A53B63A2A44FAC9EC089CD5

The Twitch drops are quite neat. A new save and I have at my disposal A class Fighter, Shuttle and Hauler just by having a twitch stream running on my laptop in the corner for three hours a day. Two more days brings an Explorer and then a "Silver Fighter". Along with the other gubbins it is quite tasty.

BTW - is there any way to modify one of these "companion" eggs to turn them into that living-ship-type?

Does anyone have any idea how the free starter ship in the expedition works? Mine is white with no fins of any kind.. but the only images i've seen from other people are completely different. I tried starting a new expedition a few times and it was always the same.

Im plotting world domination at the moment. Thinking about starting another save getting in all i know, but wondering how to do it. Not that easy, because every save i have has those rng moments where you get a huge boost of something that you consider uncommon.

More noob questions:

• On my expedition save, i seem to have picked up an A class freighter 33/9 that looks like a mid side star destroyer. Is that any good? If you keep trying for a better free one is finding a better one reasonable? It wasn't that hard to do.. on the expedition save, after a few jumps i got the battle, which you save the ship, go on board and ask to get paid instead, then every subsequent jump had another battle with another ship. I just accepted that one without thinking because i wanted to get back on the expedition..
  • Is it possible to get the story missions on an expedition save (after it converts?) and how do pick them up without a starting landing zone.

Thanks for any advice.

Top Bottom