Elite Dangerous Update 7 Progress

Dear Ms Morgan,

Please accept my deepest apologies for the less than helpful comments some of us feel compelled to post.

Some time ago, after retirement, people would ask what part of my job did I miss? My response was that I missed interacting with people, I also added that the part I wouldn't miss was interacting with people.

In 'Murica there's a homespun saying, "Don't go wrasslin' wit' the pigs in the mud, it'll only get you durty and shore gets them pigs mad!"

Sincerely,
CMDR El_Capitan17

Panther Clipper confirmed!
With ships as big as fleet carriers do you still want ship interior's, imagine leaving a warzone with loads of hover tanks bearing down on your ship for you to have to traverse ten or so decks to get to the bridge to take off? I think this is the "initial" issue that is blocking it's development as 9/10 you would have exploded before ya for to take off ;)

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Perfectly understandable as you need all the rest you can get before dealing with all of us idiots during and after the release, especially those of us asking why stuff that was not in the patch hasn’t been fixed by the patch.
Perfectly understandable as you need all the rest you can get before dealing with all of us idiots during and after the release, especially those of us asking why stuff that was not in the patch hasn’t been fixed by the patch.

Arrrr well, deep down you're all my heros.

sallymorganmoore

@sallymorganmoore How do and morning, I've been a good boy and avoided asking any console questions for two weeks 😅. Just wandering when EDO moves on to updates for features gameplay etc.. not fixes.
Will consoles be getting any additional gameplay related features or will it all be on hold till EDO is totally finished. Looking forward to update and what it may bring, only thing frustrating me now is lack of timescale and all the Odyssey posts on media "rubbing it in" lol 😅

I'm so sorry that I have no solid answer yet, especially for the console part, but I am genuinely low key excited for when we can share more on new content once the major focus on fixes for the game are out there 🙂

sallymorganmoore

Of course!!. The first thing is to finish Odyssey and get him in shape. Strongly agree and I'm glad you said so.

But my point is that after 6 updates, 7 being the next (ok) how many more will it take to consider odyssey 100% functional? 10 updates ?. twenty?. Can you have 20 updates exclusively of graphical optimizations and hope that the player base will keep?

I really appreciate what you have told me about future content, it makes me happy to know that this is moving forward.

Would any information be possible of what is to come? Or at least where do you intend this issue to go?

Thank you very much for your work. I appreciate.

Information will come buuuut we have a lot on our plate with the very near future and immediate updates so bear with us just a little bit longer!
Almost there!

Also trying to predict how many updates might be needed? Ooft... hopefully not many more? Let's get 7 out of the way, then the Horizons parity stuff and see where we are because these are big hitters.

Yeah mate. I fully understand that you're perfectly happy for your roof to leak because some guy in a completely different country doesn't even have a roof. Makes perfect sense.
Actually I am pretty happy that I live in a country where it's still an outrage that someone got punched in the street while elsewhere toddlers are shooting their parents with handguns they found in the back seat of the car or the lounge floor. :)

Also trying to predict how many updates might be needed? Ooft... hopefully not many more? Let's get 7 out of the way, then the Horizons parity stuff and see where we are because these are big hitters.
Luckily or unluckily "many" / "not many" is relative.

If I look at the amount of issues raised per day (as the ID numbers of the issues are serially increasing and not random, one can easily see that), there are still a lot of bugs in the game. Yes, duplicates, non-issues, cosmetic-issues and so on are there, but if you really play the game for some hours, you can find still a lot of annoying issues. It took me around 2 weeks to stumble over the ~40 issues I gave you. I bet they are unique in terms you haven't gotten duplicates.

If you (Fdev) manage until the end of the year, to fix the obvious issues and have EDO in a shape were players focus on "just playing" EDO instead of "choosing between starting EDH or EDO" depending on what they want to do right now, David Braben should open some champagne-boxes on your Christmas party for those which did the hard work. [this is a non-emotional estimate, the PM part of my work-experience thinks this is an optimistic estimate]

Does anybody know where patch notes can be found? I feel dread when I read about "quality of life", and I'd like to know details.

sallymorganmoore

Luckily or unluckily "many" / "not many" is relative.

If I look at the amount of issues raised per day (as the ID numbers of the issues are serially increasing and not random, one can easily see that), there are still a lot of bugs in the game. Yes, duplicates, non-issues, cosmetic-issues and so on are there, but if you really play the game for some hours, you can find still a lot of annoying issues. It took me around 2 weeks to stumble over the ~40 issues I gave you. I bet they are unique in terms you haven't gotten duplicates.

If you (Fdev) manage until the end of the year, to fix the obvious issues and have EDO in a shape were players focus on "just playing" EDO instead of "choosing between starting EDH or EDO" depending on what they want to do right now, David Braben should open some champagne-boxes on your Christmas party for those which did the hard work. [this is a non-emotional estimate, the PM part of my work-experience thinks this is an optimistic estimate]

I'm not sure why people ask me those kinds of questions then when they've already speculated enough to make their own minds up 🥲

Top Bottom