Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Update 7 Notes

At least it seems legacy Plasma Accelerators aren't the best weapons any more.

In Arena Elder Scrolls you could also apply so many stuffs to a spell that an integer overflow would result in insta-death to the target*.
It was a cool game from 1994, nice that Elite follows this shining example :ROFLMAO:

* we called it the "Rappelfackeltot-Spell" (no translation), so I hereby call the insta-death PA "RappelfackeltotAccelerator"

Per Sally on the livestream - they're pretty confident that they've isolated most of the issues, the devs have been working away on them, and the hope is to get a hotfix out this week (tomorrow) including (but not only) plasma weapons overcharged, weapon "nerfing", on-foot engineering not applying, tritium, buggered spawning in settlements/starports. The "downloading data being immediately illegal" thing is not ignored, its in discussion.

Again, the hope is that it'll be done tomorrow, but she and Arf added the disclaimer that it depends on testing* and if there are further issues it might end up being next week.

*hahahahahhahahaha, testing!!!!

Per Sally on the livestream - they're pretty confident that they've isolated most of the issues, the devs have been working away on them, and the hope is to get a hotfix out this week (tomorrow) including (but not only) plasma weapons overcharged, weapon "nerfing", on-foot engineering not applying, tritium, buggered spawning in settlements/starports. The "downloading data being immediately illegal" thing is not ignored, its in discussion.

Again, the hope is that it'll be done tomorrow, but she and Arf added the disclaimer that it depends on testing* and if there are further issues it might end up being next week.

To be honest, this is the 7th downgrade after an alpha that wasn't great either. I stopped taking this serious after the 5th. I really wish I had anything else to say.

It is a tad puzzling that Sally hangs around these very forums most of the day, yet we have to wait for the livestream to hear what is happening and what the 'most important' bugs are. Still some comms for fdev to work on I guess. Thanks for the update!

Do you have a link by chance boss?

Oh well; not going to even try at this point - three commodity market, in three different systems - all buzz crashed requiring a complete system restart -- looks like Odyysey code is making it to XBSX EDH updates. FORZA time again.

At least it seems legacy Plasma Accelerators aren't the best weapons any more.

In Arena Elder Scrolls you could also apply so many stuffs to a spell that an integer overflow would result in insta-death to the target*.
It was a cool game from 1994, nice that Elite follows this shining example :ROFLMAO:

* we called it the "Rappelfackeltot-Spell" (no translation), so I hereby call the insta-death PA "RappelfackeltotAccelerator"

In UT it was called Insta-Gib 😂

Top Bottom