CG predictions...

400-500 LY separation is too much to chain expansions through, so I'm not too worried about the Alliance coming over. :)
So far only one superpower played the "all human colonies should be part of us"-card, and that resulted in the Birthright Wars and the Battle Of Achenar... so IMO Colonia should be more worried about the Fednecks then the Alliance. :sneaky:

So far only one superpower played the "all human colonies should be part of us"-card, and that resulted in the Birthright Wars and the Battle Of Achenar... so IMO Colonia should be more worried about the Fednecks then the Alliance. :sneaky:
Some of us are more thinking of the Witch Head colonies - founded by all 3 superpowers as a symbol of co-operation, then the moment FDev unlocked the BGS out there the Alliance steamrollered their way over everything.

I will neither forgive nor forget. :mad:

Now if only the Thargoids actually kicked Colonia apart like a cheap football, these highways would be ideal materiel lanes for countering a siege.
Thargoids directly seems highly unlikely - there's never been any hint that they're interested in anything this far out.

But they'd certainly make an interesting strategic target for some warlord fleeing the bubble to get away from the Thargoids and trying to capture Colonia.

Thargoids directly seems highly unlikely - there's never been any hint that they're interested in anything this far out.

But they'd certainly make an interesting strategic target for some warlord fleeing the bubble to get away from the Thargoids and trying to capture Colonia.
Lets hope Salvation does not dump some of his 'special paracetamol' out there to attract them then :D

This is actually pretty close - ~3:2 completion ratio in favour of Colonia so far, though that will probably start narrowing once supplies get tighter.

Colonia has more to gain. I'm sure both CGs will succeed though, trade CGs normally do.
Depends how you define success, I guess. Tier 1, definitely. And they're presumably hoping for at least T3 bubble + T5 Colonia (or T4 bubble) or there won't be enough megaships installed to let every top 10 CMDR on both sides name one.

The last time there was a Colonia trade CG - admittedly, over three years ago! - we hauled 1.2 million tonnes in the week, so I think we can probably get to Tier 5 at this end so long as there isn't a supply shock (I'm a little nervous about a couple of the refineries, but I think they'll be okay - we got quite lucky with the timing to avoid Expansions on them for at least most of the duration)

The last trade CG totals for the bubble have been 21.8MT, 14.3MT, 11.6MT and 22MT (ended a little early) ... so 37.5MT is an ambitious target, though of course not impossible, and things seem to be going just about fast enough at the moment.

Brewer Corporation should really offer the reductions in all systems after the CG. Otherwise this is a pointless tease and will cause a lot of salt.

edit: Nevermind. I kind of forgot that you can still buy a FC if the system is full.

Last edited:
Top Bottom