COMPLETED CG Support the Colonia Bridge Project in Alcor (Trade)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I started by delivering thermal cooling units 76 tons at a time with my Dolphin… then upgraded to a Type 7 doing 296 tons per trip. I’ve delivered 8,732 tons so far. I’m going to go buy a Type 9 and try that. I restarted on PS4 last month (4-5 years of playing xbox), and I’m trying to only use ships I never used on xbox. I love the Dolphin. The T7 has been a nice upgrade for hauling, once I got past the heat warning every hyperjump and realized it’s annoying, but not actually causing any damage.

"The rumour was right... Good job I found you first"

My T9 slowly circles the Sun to align for the next jump.
"1 Contact Lost" informs me the Info window - I grin, the pirate made contact with the sun instead of interdicting me
Meanwhile I've hauled 4512t with no NPC trying to get me, even though I love an occasional bounty during the grind.
It's also a crying shame that there still aren't even 3000 contributors when the profit is 20 million per 750t haul delivered.

Last edited:
Meanwhile I've hauled 4512t with no NPC trying to get me, even though I love an occasional bounty during the grind.

They all seem to come my way... and i so hate trying to win interdictions in a T9 - but at least i haven't lost any till now

It's also a crying shame that there still aren't even 3000 contributors when the profit is 20 million per 750t haul delievered.

That's a shame indeed - my poor Epic alt, got close to 600 millions already

I might be doing it wrong, but the trouble I find with the Type 9 is that you spend so much time trying to top it up (using only L pads) before turning in the cargo that it would have paid better to use a Python instead, especially as more ports are within one jump's range.

Slow and steady with the Python is doing it for me. Plus, make a mistake, and the rebuy cost is less stinging.

Where is the 150m fee documented? I got the 125m fee from the wiki, and the in-game help pages give the same value. I wondered where the discrepancy was.

Edit: never mind, the return fee is quoted as 4.85B, so the in-game help and wiki both appear to be incorrect.
It's not and the documentation on decommissioning is horrible. Quite a lot of it is wrong - I did a lot of testing. Wrote up the results here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...and-the-mistakes-in-the-in-game-codex.565802/

(I've found out new things since; should really update the post again...)

I don't know about that. My T9 is 150 mil, my Python is 247 mil. Methinks the Python rebuy is higher.

You could be right. Maybe I'm thinking of the difference in rebuy costs between my Vulture and T10 in a bounty CG. I don't use the T9 enough to notice the rebuy cost for it.

Done for the day, I was able to deliver a little over 19,000 tons in my Cutter. I was playing in open and got interdicted once by a player with engineered weapons, Ouch, that hurt. But at 20 million a run it didn't take long to recoup my rebuy cost.

Last edited:
Wow this Type 9 really is a chore to maneuver! Took a bit to get the hang of it, but I’ve managed to do 7 deliveries of 720t each, so that is a lot faster overall than yesterday when I was using Type 7 (296t).

Wow this Type 9 really is a chore to maneuver! Took a bit to get the hang of it, but I’ve managed to do 7 deliveries of 720t each, so that is a lot faster overall than yesterday when I was using Type 7 (296t).
Yea, it's a beast, but can haul tons of cargo. I earned my elite trader in one.

I wonder how many tons have been delivered by the top 10? I wish there was like a leaderboard that refreshed every few hours showing it. I know I could never get in the top 10, but I’m beyond curious how much they’ve delivered!

I wonder how many tons have been delivered by the top 10? I wish there was like a leaderboard that refreshed every few hours showing it. I know I could never get in the top 10, but I’m beyond curious how much they’ve delivered!
You can see that on Inara
It's not 100% accurate, as it relies on players having reporting tools running, but it gives you an idea.

Done for the day, I was able to deliver a little over 19,000 tons in my Cutter. I was playing in open and got interdicted once by a player with engineered weapons, Ouch, that hurt. But at 20 million a run it didn't take long to recoup my rebuy cost.
It wouldn't have been some a**hat in a T-10 who likes to f-bomb the chat would it? Had some guy in one try to gank me Thursday and AGAIN y-day.

It's not and the documentation on decommissioning is horrible. Quite a lot of it is wrong - I did a lot of testing. Wrote up the results here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...and-the-mistakes-in-the-in-game-codex.565802/

(I've found out new things since; should really update the post again...)

That post is great, thanks! I was particularly curious about stored ships and modules, and that seems to confirm a more sensible situation than the one implied by the documentation. Did you ever find out what happened if you left something stored there past the removal from the game?

Thank you! It excludes console players like me from the data, but you’re right it does give me a sense, which is all i was looking for really.

You can sgn in on EDSM and use their console updater to update market data, your exploration achievement and so on
You can also sign in on Inara, they also have an automated update tool, but iirc it does not get market data, but still make it easier to track your cmdr

Just make sure you select the correct platform when choosing to sign in (XBox or PS)

You can sgn in on EDSM and use their console updater to update market data, your exploration achievement and so on
You can also sign in on Inara, they also have an automated update tool, but iirc it does not get market data, but still make it easier to track your cmdr

Just make sure you select the correct platform when choosing to sign in (XBox or PS)
Ah yes I have inara account, but it’s linked to my Xbox account. I can’t find a way to link a second account to link to my PlayStation account.

Ah yes I have inara account, but it’s linked to my Xbox account. I can’t find a way to link a second account to link to my PlayStation account.

Use a different browser and make sure in that browser you never use the other account. (or you could use the chrome/edge feature called people - which is just another fancy name for user profiles - but i just find it easier to use another browser)
So i have chrome for my XB account, Firefox for my Steam account and Edge for my Epic account. In inara you use another browser to create the second account and link it to your PS account. Same for edsm.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom