Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

Hmmm, ok.... those courier missions seems hitting a wall on the rank progress. May be i should start taking those sourcing missions??

No idea what to do with her yet 🤷‍♀️
Screen Shot 10-13-21 at 10.26 AM.JPG

Last edited:
Hmmm, ok.... those courier missions seems hitting a wall on the rank progress. May be i should start taking those sourcing missions??

View attachment 268331
Asking the obvious here... Have you completed the "chain" mission to take you to the next rank?

Your rep will continue to grow past 100% of your current rank into the next - in the background so to speak - but without the naval follow on mission completion your actual promotion will be pending.

Are you referring to your rep being "stuck" at 100%? Or do you mean the invisible wall when courier missions just feel meaningless since they reward <=1%? If it's the latter, I feel you :/. I switched to delivery missions (the 16-192 ton ones). Almost all of them give Rep+++-Rep+++++, which feels much more worth it.

EDIT: got ninja'd haha. I found the sourcing missions to take much longer, because the systems that sold those goods were all 100-200ly away. So I stuck with delivery missions. BTW I'm not sure a clipper is ideal for sourcing or delivery missions - large, and max 250 tons. Personally I would use a T7, a Python, or optimally a T9 - but whatever floats your boat.

Last edited:
Odd that I've never seen one as a mission reward. Must matter what base you're in, or something.

Anyway, I got my last 2 so I'm done with those for now :)
Play the different low influence system factions off each other doing their missions. They give many different rewards up to quantities of 5.
edit: When they stack up 5 restore missions with power regulators. Steal them. I got 9 from the Hot lava Bad guys. These guys always have silly names like this....
You will have to pay the fines.

Last edited:
Lulz sound like my Clipper's name...
View attachment 268339
Prompted me to go through all my ships and see what I named them :D

Surprisingly - or perhaps not - they break down to about 30% Pratchett, 30% Spaced and 30% Aliens. Although there is a little Farscape in there too. And my clipper is "Heart of Gold" so there is an exception or two knocking around.

I need to get out more!

Last edited:
Replacing those rate E modules from the Clipper near the Imp rank grind area is pain in the butt...

Trying to use it as a luxury explorer like this , the closet station having those modules is almost 90LY (and the info is 21days old too) away....

🤷‍♀️ :mad:😒🖕

You know, you could of bought some essentials beforehand and stored them for transporting to where ever you bought that Clipper...
Yep, I know the concept. Then I need another ship with similar module layout, fly it there, strip the current mods, buy and store the new.... 🤷‍♀️

Yea, i did. And just promoted to Earl. Just as the rank go up, the rep increase from those lazy data courier missions (20 per run) is not as efficient as before. So trying those sourcing mission to see how much difference it makes.

Too bad the clipper can't dock to outposts.
Yes just like the steps in the Elite ranking mountain each superpower rank requires more rep than the one before.

Yep, I know the concept. Then I need another ship with similar module layout, fly it there, strip the current mods, buy and store the new.... 🤷‍♀️
Ok, lets do this: I fly back to my home system 265LY away in my DBX, fly back in my Krait Phantom to that system that may have the Mods for my clipper, my and store. Then continue the grind. 🤦‍♀️

Drat that pilot.

At about 99% of cloning, he turned on me, caught me and started shooting. So I had to unstrap "Old Painless" (you may get the reference :D ) and put him down. Quickly. Luckily, he didn't trigger the alarms so I got out without the whole base coming down on me. Of course, I got a bounty on my head and decided to hand myself in as I still had missions to finish.

Now... the thing was, I got back to the next mission and dismbarked the shuttle. The first guard to scan me went ape and started unloading hot plasma. I thought I'd paid off the bounty and I wasn't carrying any discoverable contraband.

I'm missing something, I know...

Any ideas? It appears I'm "wanted" too.

Last edited:
Drat that pilot.

At about 99% of cloning, he turned on me, caught me and started shooting. So I had to unstrap "Old Painless" (you may get the reference :D ) and put him down. Quickly. Luckily, he didn't trigger the alarms so I got out without the whole base coming down on me. Of course, I got a bounty on my head and decided to hand myself in as I still had missions to finish.

Now... the thing was, I got back to the next mission and dismbarked the shuttle. The first guard to scan me went ape and started unloading hot plasma. I thought I'd paid off the bounty and I wasn't carrying any discoverable contraband.

I'm missing something, I know...

Any ideas? It appears I'm "wanted" too.
Possible answers:-
(1) Are you hostile to that faction? They will start shooting if they scan you.
(2) Were you carrying an E-breach? They are illegal so if they scan you will turn hostile. In general best not to use E-breaches in occupied settlements. If they spot you using a terminal that you have hacked previously with an E-breach they will also turn hostile. Better to clone an ID. Can always dump that if you are being scanned.
(3) Did you have a bounty or fine from something else? Handing yourself in only clears the bounty for that particular crime. The rest remain in place until you pay them off or hand yourself in at an appropriate station.
If you are wanted in that settlement then there is something that is still outstanding that hasn’t been cleared by handing yourself in, or did you notice that after the guard starting shooting?

Possible answers:-
(1) Are you hostile to that faction? They will start shooting if they scan you.
(2) Were you carrying an E-breach? They are illegal so if they scan you will turn hostile. In general best not to use E-breaches in occupied settlements. If they spot you using a terminal that you have hacked previously with an E-breach they will also turn hostile. Better to clone an ID. Can always dump that if you are being scanned.
(3) Did you have a bounty or fine from something else? Handing yourself in only clears the bounty for that particular crime. The rest remain in place until you pay them off or hand yourself in at an appropriate station.
If you are wanted in that settlement then there is something that is still outstanding that hasn’t been cleared by handing yourself in, or did you notice that after the guard starting shooting?
1) No
2) No
3) No

And the funny thing is, I had a bounty to pay in my transaction screen and it remained when I jumped. As did the "wanted" flag. They have both now disappeared wuthout me paying off anything. IF shows me as all clean.

I'm thinking bug or the transaction server was slow to pick up my status.

Of course, as ever, I may be way off! :ROFLMAO:

1) No
2) No
3) No

And the funny thing is, I had a bounty to pay in my transaction screen and it remained when I jumped. As did the "wanted" flag. They have both now disappeared wuthout me paying off anything. IF shows me as all clean.

I'm thinking bug or the transaction server was slow to pick up my status.

Of course, as ever, I may be way off! :ROFLMAO:
Don’t rely on the IF screen to tell you if you have nothing to pay off. If you are docked with a station that has the faction that issued the bounty it won’t show up. You can either log out and back into Horizons to clear it or fly to a system with IF that doesn’t have that faction in. You can then pay it off.

Top Bottom