Game Discussions The No Man's Sky Thread

Wow! Sean Murray is teasing a new expansion already! Do Hello Games ever sleep? [If you don't know, Sean Murray teases new expansions with cryptic emojis.]

HsHrzhE.jpg

So, it looks like a worm? What could it mean? An overhaul of fauna? I would love to see greater randomness there, along with cave-specific creatures that guard loot. Right now caves have no real purpose. I wish HG would take a page from Minecraft and make caves dangerous places with good stuff to find.

Other than that, it could be some sort of tie-in with the forthcoming Dune movie. That would make a lot of sense! It would also explain the quick turnaround - it's a time-sensitive expansion. If so, it probably won't be anything major, just some Dune-related chrome for the game. I'll take that! :cool:
Perhaps NMS is getting sand worms :)

NMS has had sand worms for a while. They are just for effect though. I have a base somewhere where a sandworm literally rides through the floor of the base every few minutes.

I have not yet managed to scan one of those huge ones that make the ground shake and then erupt, leaping across your vision and back into the ground before you (well, me anyway) can get the scanner locked on them.

Wow! Sean Murray is teasing a new expansion already! Do Hello Games ever sleep? [If you don't know, Sean Murray teases new expansions with cryptic emojis.]

HsHrzhE.jpg

So, it looks like a worm? What could it mean? An overhaul of fauna? I would love to see greater randomness there, along with cave-specific creatures that guard loot. Right now caves have no real purpose. I wish HG would take a page from Minecraft and make caves dangerous places with good stuff to find.

Other than that, it could be some sort of tie-in with the forthcoming Dune movie. That would make a lot of sense! It would also explain the quick turnaround - it's a time-sensitive expansion. If so, it probably won't be anything major, just some Dune-related chrome for the game. I'll take that! :cool:
It's not just any worm. It is drawn with specific features that make it an earthworm.

I have not yet managed to scan one of those huge ones that make the ground shake and then erupt, leaping across your vision and back into the ground before you (well, me anyway) can get the scanner locked on them.

That's because they aren't part of the fauna, they're just a graphical effect. They appear, make everything shake and scare the bejeebus out of you, then disappear back underground. Everything is as it was afterwards.

They look cool, and tick a box, but at the moment that's about it.

Worms make holes.
Yeah, they should. It's a big gamey. Also meteors should leave craters, right now they just make a lot of noise and rumble, and a big red mark on the ground, and sometimes there's a rock to harvest, but the ground is completely unchanged. I think it would be more of a survival challenge if they actually changed the landscape (at least for a little time, until some reset) and maybe even if you're hit it affects shield/health.

A funny "Easter Egg"... A few times when I was mining boulders suddenly one would sprout legs and run off (a bit like Rincewind's Luggage) but I had never been recording when it happened. Last night a smaller rock tried to run away when I fired at it and it got "hung up" so I managed to record it. Really funny - made me jump the first time.

Source: https://youtu.be/JM4mbuXAyMA
Yup. I think they're called living rocks or something. I've only encountered a handful. They're pretty rare, I think.

Could mean any number of things. The bigger question (for me) is whether this is the 4.0 update or 3.7.

Point updates tend to be additions and tweaks, whereas the big version number updates can be a complete overhaul of an entire area of the game.

Maybe space, because that's not had much focus of late. But I'll be interested in whatever.

Top Bottom