Game Discussions The No Man's Sky Thread

Yes, I always do that mission since you get a bunch of blueprints as you go along. I enjoy the underwater sights and sounds. Solar panels work anywhere. My favorite way to find crashed ship sites is with the Nautilon scanner. Its 100% accurate.

No, you are not the only one. Not every game needs to be a simulator, and zipping a spaceship around with a mouse is fun.
I'd be happy if our ships (or even a subset of ships) could hover rather than be in constant motion like a plane. Not that I'd turn my nose up at 6 DoF if it were offered.

Anyone do the underwater mission(s)? I like the payouts, including a crashed claimable ship.
I didn't claim it right away, as i'd lose track of my actual ship (grassy planet was actually full water planet with tiny islands), decided to build a base there.
I have to go back and see if my underwater solar panels are working, I built them when it was night.
Yes, yes, and yes.

I just did an underwater mission the other day, took the crashed ship, start a base on an small little island nearby (the only one in sight). And solar panels do work underwater, even inside buildings without windows. I usually crate the cuboid rooms and put the solar panels inside, and batteries if I want them, because they lock-n-click in positions so it looks nice, and they don't need to be wired. The power is automatically wired inside the cubes. So cubes with solar panels are my go-to power-station for most bases I make.

I'd be happy if our ships (or even a subset of ships) could hover rather than be in constant motion like a plane. Not that I'd turn my nose up at 6 DoF if it were offered.

This might be the largest starship in NMS. For roleplay purposes, I don't install any pulse engine upgrades which gives me 20u/s idle speed.
4CF84A86C30BA980521D420E8A177D4450078375

A big slow flying beast that can 1 shot factory doors or a squadron of pirates :giggle:

As a comparative tyro in NMS I got to a point and decided to roll back to a manual save to avoid it. So here is a question about it - it is to do with other galaxies so I will "spoiler" it out. I'd be grateful for any info from the more experienced (spoilered too I would suppose):

I got to the end of the 16-jump countdown and arrived at the Atlas where I could reset it. So on resetting it I could choose one of four globes (galaxies) and was dumped in the new galaxy with everything broken. I clawed back to a manual save before heading through the portal and instead chose to not reset. So my question is this - is this reset and select a new globe the only way to move to a different galaxy and am I missing-out much by not doing so?

Thanks for any thoughts.

As a comparative tyro in NMS I got to a point and decided to roll back to a manual save to avoid it. So here is a question about it - it is to do with other galaxies so I will "spoiler" it out. I'd be grateful for any info from the more experienced (spoilered too I would suppose):

Thanks for any thoughts.

The quest where you select one of the color globes to reset the galaxy is really just a shortcut to galaxies further up the chain. The green one takes you to a lush galaxy which is #10 (Eissentam) out of 255. You can camp out at the Anomaly portal in multiplayer and wait for someone that has a base there to show up on the list. The other way is to travel to the galactic core and transit to the next galaxy. The galaxies are in a fixed sequential order. I've been through 170 galaxies.

I forgot to mention and this isn't really a spoiler, but you aren't missing anything special in the other galaxies. Some have more lush worlds, while others are more harsh. But they all look the same at a high level.

Last edited:
I got to the end of the 16-jump countdown and arrived at the Atlas where I could reset it. So on resetting it I could choose one of four globes (galaxies) and was dumped in the new galaxy with everything broken. I clawed back to a manual save before heading through the portal and instead chose to not reset. So my question is this - is this reset and select a new globe the only way to move to a different galaxy and am I missing-out much by not doing so?
Worm hole at the dead centre, takes you to a version of the next dimension... Atlas is not the only way but it's newbie friendly quick way to jump
Dimension..
Jumping can be done with portals as long as you have friends that have already reached that dimension, you can use their base to dimension jump...

Atlas is used to allow the choice of what type of dimension you end up in next. if you pick the correct colour you get the type you wanted...
The ship is damaged in dimension jump but every thing else is still the same as before the jump, every thing you earned is pulled with you , if you have ship matter transporter you can just select another ship and have the freighter beam it down... then the broken ship is beamed to cargo storage...

The atlas choice is newish and the center multi dimension option was the only option..

This might be the largest starship in NMS. For roleplay purposes, I don't install any pulse engine upgrades which gives me 20u/s idle speed.
4CF84A86C30BA980521D420E8A177D4450078375

A big slow flying beast that can 1 shot factory doors or a squadron of pirates :giggle:
You should put your modules in blocks rather than lines to get the best bonuses. You start with the main module as the corner of a square, then add the three S class ones to complete the square, then add any remaining ones to the edge of the square.

When the last major update landed and the settlements were very slow to spawn new decisions, I decided to go walkabout to learn my citizens' language from the stones. I got to see quite a few things on the planet that you wouldn't normally find, including two lots of curious deposits that give me infinite nanites, but most interesting were the two random Vy'keens that I found each alone in the middle of nowhere. The first wanted to top himself. I tried to help but he told me to go away and leave him in peace to die. The second one propositioned me. He said something like, "I want to mate with someone. Can you help". He was a bit on the ugly side so I got out of there as quickly as I could. That's the only time I've seen anything like that.

You should put your modules in blocks rather than lines to get the best bonuses. You start with the main module as the corner of a square, then add the three S class ones to complete the square, then add any remaining ones to the edge of the square.
Thanks!

Can't think why I've never done this before... but my freighter now has a bar - complete with stand-up comedy stage (just visible on the extreme right). Korvax comedy is a little complex but Geks like a laugh and I hear Vy'keen have a wicked sense of humour.

Well done! I haven't done anything like that on my freighter yet. Now that they fixed the transfer process, I really have no excuse.

Wow! Sean Murray is teasing a new expansion already! Do Hello Games ever sleep? [If you don't know, Sean Murray teases new expansions with cryptic emojis.]

HsHrzhE.jpg

So, it looks like a worm? What could it mean? An overhaul of fauna? I would love to see greater randomness there, along with cave-specific creatures that guard loot. Right now caves have no real purpose. I wish HG would take a page from Minecraft and make caves dangerous places with good stuff to find.

Other than that, it could be some sort of tie-in with the forthcoming Dune movie. That would make a lot of sense! It would also explain the quick turnaround - it's a time-sensitive expansion. If so, it probably won't be anything major, just some Dune-related chrome for the game. I'll take that! :cool:

Last edited:
Wow! Sean Murray is teasing a new expansion already! Do Hello Games ever sleep? [If you don't know, Sean Murray teases new expansions with cryptic emojis.]

HsHrzhE.jpg

So, it looks like a worm? What could it mean? An overhaul of fauna? I would love to see greater randomness there, along with cave-specific creatures that guard loot. Right now caves have no real purpose. I wish HG would take a page from Minecraft and make caves dangerous places with good stuff to find.

Other than that, it could be some sort of tie-in with the forthcoming Dune movie. That would make a lot of sense! It would also explain the quick turnaround - it's a time-sensitive expansion. If so, it probably won't be anything major, just some Dune-related chrome for the game. I'll take that! :cool:
Or..
There is another way to look at it.
He may be 'pulling your plonker'. ;)

Top Bottom