Elite Dangerous: FSD Reward Issues [reModifications & Experimentals] Follow Up.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Just a side note, shooting the messengers will ultimately alienate a really useful and valuable line of contact. I for one appreciate the efforts (if not always the answers), so thanks guys and girls. It is at least clear now even if it is not the answer people wanted. I for one thank you for the efforts.

And what if player want to add for example special with heat reduction ... not to make that FSD jump further, but to be usable at all. Things like this just demonstrates how easily can be overlooked importance of "Having a choice". This is the great thing on whole engineering, you as a player can do your own decision what will fit your needs better ... it do not need to be meta, just your own personal preference which will make you satisfied the most with final module.
Those FSDs are supposed to be unique. They add jump range beyond what regular one can do (even with experimental effects added), but at the price of increased heat buildup - You want to have a choice of making your own effects, engineer regular module.
Being able to add experimental on those FSD's would be nice I suppose, but since they don't want us to do it, then ok, no reason to throw a fit about it.

Now, if they would decide to retroactively remove experimentals from previous double engineered rewards, that would be irritating.

Greetings Commanders.

Regarding the latest post on addressing confusion around the inability to add further modification/experimentals to the latest CG FSD reward: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...fication-application-of-experimentals.593774/

I thought this information below would be better in a new post for you, just incase this statement got drowned out in the original post.

I can absolutely confirm from all sides that:
Any future improvements made to in game UI clarification of the inability to not further modify/add experimentals to pre-modified module rewards, will not negate any previous modifications/added experimentals you have to currently owned reward modules already acquired.

To be double clear,
you will not be able to add experimentals on the new CG FSD reward from the latest CG.

I'd also like to add that we are not stating that all future reward modules will not be able to accommodate applied experimentals.
We just need to be clear with which are able to and which aren't. This is all in heavy discussion and noted.

Moving forward on this issue:
It goes without saying that conversations had from today have left us with more to discuss internally as to how we handle your interactions and expectations with reward modules.
I know at first I mentioned that we would aim to fix the In-game UI indication of whether a reward module could be further "tweaked" or not as an aim for Update 9, but the experience as a whole needs deeper rework based off feedback gathered and discussed today, so I can no longer confidently say that timeframe is possible (of course, we'll keep you updated as we go).

We will do what we can to make it clear if a reward is able to be tweaked or not by other means still in discussion (watch our..spaces).

The positive I want us to take from this though is that we have this all flagged up with all of your feedback and we will keep you in the loop with developments as we move forward on plans and discussions ahead around the matter.

Again, my apologies for the confusion and any frustration caused.
And y'all wonder why your number of players keeps dropping and dropping... Typical Fdev rubbish. Can't even implement DX12 support which would take a week or so to get it partially integrated, have to use 3rd party programs to fully utilize high end flight controls, can't get more than 25fps with a damn rtx3080, 4 Xeon 10 core processors, 228GB of ram, on foot... So much broken stuff, and I've got well over 2000 hours in this game... I mean, damn y'all... What the hell?

Just a side note, shooting the messengers will ultimately alienate a really useful and valuable line of contact. I for one appreciate the efforts (if not always the answers), so thanks guys and girls. It is at least clear now even if it is not the answer people wanted. I for one thank you for the efforts.
^This!

... just imo, Sally work here is the main reason why people in huge majority want to be polite even if deeply disapointed. Exceptions ofc exist, but without Sally it would be much, much worse. She is doing really good work here despite she must tell us sometimes bad news.

To those saying 'entitlement' 'boo' 'they are better than vanilla' etc etc.. You are missing the point.

I don't want anything for 'free' from a game I am playing. I like to work at my gains. I play in open 99% of the time because I like the risk. Went all the way to beagle point a month ago with the 5 FSD double engineered + mass manager drive I got a while back at the other CG.

I like to immerse myself in the world of Elite .. I've loved Elite since the days of Commodore 64. Finished Elite 3 - First Encounters about 4 times over the years. If you think Elite Dangerous is tough, you should try Elite 3.

This is about the universe continuity. If there is a sudden change from the established baseline (see the 5 FSD double engineered) I would expect a bit better lore than 'Server Error'.

And y'all wonder why your number of players keeps dropping and dropping... Typical Fdev rubbish. Can't even implement DX12 support which would take a week or so to get it partially integrated, have to use 3rd party programs to fully utilize high end flight controls, can't get more than 25fps with a damn rtx3080, 4 Xeon 10 core processors, 228GB of ram, on foot... So much broken stuff, and I've got well over 2000 hours in this game... I mean, damn y'all... What the hell?
I don't think they really care anymore about players opinion. They only choose the ones that sound like "Good job FDEV!" and "Nice work!" and that's about it. Otherwise this "problem" that we are discussing so long already could be easily fixed and the solution would actually wont break anything but will make everyone happy. Happy players => happy developers... but no... this is FDEV :)

I can see from the OP that any existing 5A V1 FSD with experimental effects will not have those effects removed. Can FDev confirm that all future purchased 5A V1 FSDs will be able to have experimental effects applied, or will the ability to add experimental effects to them be removed?

(I get what people are saying about not shooting messengers, or anyone, and I whole-heartedly agree - but at some point, is it not unreasonable to expect FDev to stop putting themselves in these ridiculous situations? They've turned a CG that everyone was excited for (that in turn caused it's own drama because it was completed too quickly!) into an episode of self-harm where literally no-one wins.)

I think, that people which ignored this CG are true winners :)

(dear lord, good that I thought, that exploration is more interesting, than trade for additional 3 range)

Good Morning, Commanders.

So I did say yesterday evening before leaving that I'd come in here this morning and go through some of the questions following this post.

I've logged in to 100s of pings, DMs, and 13 extra pages to wade through of very valid and accepted thoughts - honestly it's fine you can have your say, it's welcomed, but nothing too personal in levels of intensity though, of course.
I know you're frustrated right now and I'm thick skinned to be fair, but many aren't as much of a crusty lizard as me (wow...elegant).

From the past half an hour of catching up in here, I'm losing vision to waves of frustration right now (again, not shutting you down! Just stating the obvious).

The questions asking why we make "awful decisions" and other same vein questions - I really, really won't answer these, even with the direct pings on them, I really don't think I can get much done focusing on giving you an answer to a question like "Why are you so awful?", when all I want to do out of this is support what's needed here - what I really want to do is provide answers and solutions to things that bring improvement really.

Anyway, yeah, due to the volume levels and making best use of time - what I'm going to do is put on 'silent running', whizz through here, write all the notes and have more conversations this side.
I can already see the glaringly obvious asks and takes from what your ideals would be.

Sorry again for not being able to answer you all individually on this one and thanks for continued patience as always.

Once again, Thank you Sally!
As always, above and beyond the call of duty.

I think, that people which ignored this CG are true winners :)

(dear lord, good that I thought, that exploration is more interesting, than trade for additional 3 range)
Guess that makes me a double loser then 🙃

Saw the CG, travelled over 40K LY to get back to the bubble, signed up for CG - but then real life got in the way for a couple of days and by the time I could get back on the CG was over. sigh C'est la vie.

I was waiting before writing Odyssey review on Steam, to give FDev time to fix the game and to fix the way they do things. That's it, I am writing a negative review. This is not OK. If you'd fix it and allow experimentals I'd ignore it. But the fact FDev was not aware double engi modules could have experimentals is too much. It's all over the forum, the Discord, the entire community from day one. It's a huge fail that has been also handled poorly. Fantastic CM team is not enough I'm afraid

Guess that makes me a double loser then 🙃

Saw the CG, travelled over 40K LY to get back to the bubble, signed up for CG - but then real life got in the way for a couple of days and by the time I could get back on the CG was over. sigh C'est la vie.
F

I had only 2k to travel, but I thought "hey, yesterday I started it, no way to interrupt trip" :D
(always...always when I leave bubble they add something interesting, CG with good rewards, or thargoid invasion, or new storyline...xD)

The important thing to think about when doing an event is do you enjoy doing the activity if the answer is yes do the event, if the answer is no then consider if the reward is worth doing something you don’t enjoy.
While you're right .... eesh, that's a big worm can opener, especially when applied to the game as a whole! 😬

Also, I think the problem a lot of people have with this is that they did exactly that, considered the reward (on the assumption that these FSDs would allow the same additional tweaking as the 5A), decided that yes, several days of trading was worth it ... and then, after the event, discovered the reward was not quite what they expected.

One thing I will add, and I guess this is something of a guilty confession from someone who's learned to rather perversely enjoy it when the forums kick off, as long as nobody got too seriously hurt ... this has been a real popcorn muncher.

Perhaps I've just failed to read the room. As always, the best experimental effects you can add to your forum drive are grade 5 thick skin and a modified sense of humour.

No offence ever intended and love to all (especially Sally).

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom