State of the Game

given the popularity of carriers, i wonder if they will add more variants

it would be cool to see a pirate version of each current type at the very least. also some gaudy paint jobs like gold and chrome and like a neon lit one, etc.

Morning all,

image-asset.jpeg

w're alledgedly going to get some snow today - so todays plans = corner shop for emergency supplies (Beer), and sit in with a warm fire, warm cat and some rugby.
Don't want to overdo it.

Last edited:
Sound advice. Think we had to have extra vent fitted, one in the floor (we have a cellar), and one on the outside wall. Makes you wonder how the victorians managed to breathe when they had both fires working
extra vent would be difficult, the property is inheritance listed and changes to the outside appearance of the house are normally not allowed. In this case there might be an exception possible, because it is a safety issue. But when we applied for allowance of proper air conditioning with vents to the outside, this got denied. So, it might be a problem.

hm, in and/or under the floor might be possible - those water pipes for our heat pump system have been added underfloor and below the house (we don't have a cellar) - there was no other way because the house has a veranda circumventing the house and by the same reason as above mentioned, changes to it aren't permitted.

Last edited:
I was quite happy living without TV for about 30 years...

Fun story - I lived in a very nice village for a while, and had a 37" display to play movies from NAS and Xbox / PS3 on.
TV Licensing visited one day telling me I had no license (true) to which I pointed out I had no TV reception apparatus... Smart-(slang for rear-end) bloke points at display meaningfully... I invited him in, handed the remote over, and asked him to find any TV channel on it. He wasn't a happy womble :ROFLMAO:

I was quite happy living without TV for about 30 years...

Fun story - I lived in a very nice village for a while, and had a 37" display to play movies from NAS and Xbox / PS3 on.
TV Licensing visited one day telling me I had no license (true) to which I pointed out I had no TV reception apparatus... Smart-(slang for rear-end) bloke points at display meaningfully... I invited him in, handed the remote over, and asked him to find any TV channel on it. He wasn't a happy womble :ROFLMAO:
in Germany one had to pay for it as well when having a PC, regardless if one is watching tv with it or not - pretty annoying. I actually stopped having a tv set when ads and "program information" together occupied more than 1/3 of the time and a 105 minutes movie takes 3 hours to watch. This is unbearable.

in Germany one had to pay for it as well when having a PC, regardless if one is watching tv with it or not - pretty annoying. I actually stopped having a tv set when ads and "program information" together occupied more than 1/3 of the time and a 105 minutes movie takes 3 hours to watch. This is unbearable.
The BBC here (for whom we pay a license fee) are also trying to push for the same, as TV can be watched on any internet connected device, they haven't won yet, thankfully!

Another thing with tv is the dependence on it people often acquire - see Ender's comment, he mentioned not being able to watch your favorite tv show, if there would be a tea time meeting without a tv set. TV is ruling their spare time, they are no longer in charge of it, but let this device decide, when they will be able to do something else. I started to feel that as well, when I still had a TV set, that I first looked up, what will be on TV tonight and quite often I watched something not really interesting even - and consume a whole lot of ads and program information - this had to stop, it was stealing my time and taking over my (spare time) life.

Last edited:
Top Bottom