State of the Game

Arghhhh the double
dracula-vampire.gif

I know EDO is in a 'bit of a state' but its improving. Don't throw your life away, leafy veg isn't the answer.
We don't have much choice - think of a vegetable, add the word 'fly' and it'll live in our soil.
Nothing eats kale, not even pests.
You should try kalettes (flower sprouts). It's a cross between kale and Brussels sprouts.
Flower sprouts look lovely, cheers for the idea.

I love brussel sprouts, cooked to the point, where they are still a bit chewy with brown melted butter on top - yummy.
Yep, that's how i like me sprouts. I can't eat them when they're too hard.
Might be something to do with the "button mushroom" incident when i was about 10 though. I tried to bite on one and it flew down the back of my throat and choked me. Lucky my parents were handy.
Haven't eaten them since... nasty l'il things.

We don't have much choice - think of a vegetable, add the word 'fly' and it'll live in our soil.
Nothing eats kale, not even pests.
This is why Fray Bentos comes in a tin. Its not because its awful (according to some) but to prevent pests spoiling its delicious innards.

As an aside, have you tried natural tricks like marrigolds, low barriers (for whitefly) and co-planting (i.e. some veg grow best separated out, such as onions)?

This is why Fray Bentos comes in a tin. Its not because its awful (according to some) but to prevent pests spoiling its delicious innards.

As an aside, have you tried natural tricks like marrigolds, low barriers (for whitefly) and co-planting (i.e. some veg grow best separated out, such as onions)?
Xzanfr thumbing through his catalogs trying to find Fray Bentos seeds….

Last edited:
Top Bottom