Update 9.01 - Patch Notes

Bruce G

Senior Community Manager
Greetings Commanders!

At the time of this post (16:15 UTC), our servers have just gone offline while we roll out a hotfix. Downtime is expected to last approximately 30 minutes so feel free to check out which changes are coming while you wait:

Fixes: Odyssey
  • A stability issue encountered while cycling through Fire Groups was fixed.
  • A stability issue when Commanders fly over planetary surfaces was fixed.
  • A crash while encountering Guardian Sentinels at Guardian Sites was fixed.
  • A stability issues caused when opening the Orrery View in the System Map was fixed.
  • An issue preventing Commanders from restocking ammo for the Scorpion SRV after being destroyed was fixed.
  • An issue affected textures on the Scorpion turret (while being used) was fixed.

Fixes: Horizons (PC & Console)
  • A stability issue encountered while cycling through Fire Groups was fixed.
  • A crash encountered while attempting to access modules in Outfitting was fixed.
  • A text error regarding a new Community Goal-related commodity was fixed in English and French.
  • A crash while encountering Guardian Sentinels at Guardian Sites was fixed.
  • A stability issues caused when opening the Orrery View in the System Map was fixed.

Known Issues

The above fixes are designed to address the bulk of stability-related issues that arose following Update 9. We’re aware of other issues and are currently planning how to address them. They include but are not limited to:

• Hostile ships not being correctly marked on the radar
  • Some deceased NPCs cannot be scanned or analysed
  • “Floating” Guardian Materials at Guardian Sites
  • The on-foot tutorial not completing
  • Multi Limpet controllers having more mass than Commanders expected
  • The Scorpion SRV is affected by texture issues around the chassis

The team is continuing to work hard on investigating issues and implementing fixes. As always, thank you all for your feedback and issue reports.

O7

Multi Limpet controllers having more mass than Commanders expected
1639412424344.png

Thank you SO much!

It feels almost ungrateful to ask but, are you at a stage now where you can tell wether we'll have more patches before holidays (excepting any potential emergency-fixes, naturally) ? I don't know when you guys normally head off.

Any word on the weights of the class 3 modules?

A 14 ton hauler cant fit a 80 ton module. The stock size 3 are 5 tons, are we sure that someone did not enter 8,0 and the database parsed it incorrectly? It makes them completly useless for the small ships, which those modules were supposed to help in the first place
5th item in the known (but not in this patch) issues.

Bruce G

Senior Community Manager
Thank you SO much!

It feels almost ungrateful to ask but, are you at a stage now where you can tell wether we'll have more patches before holidays (excepting any potential emergency-fixes, naturally) ? I don't know when you guys normally head off.

It's not ungrateful! That's still being determined while we talk about the fixes we'd like to do and work out what's possible according to our resources between now and Xmas.

I was hoping for a fix to enemy-ships-not-being-flagged-hostile-despite-shooting-at-you, but I guess that's what's meant in the list above (certainly not just a radar problem, turrets do nothing either and NPC fighters just twiddle their thumbs unless specifically commanded to attack despite the inordinate credits they suck up. No initiative, I tell you.)

Appreciate that stability fixes need to come first, though.

Top Bottom