What other games are we all playing?

Even so, why?

One Epic freebie.

If you must know...

1 from the Kickstarter (£750 pledge)
1 bought from the backer's portal after the Kickstarter closed (also has an LEP).
4 bought as extra accounts during Steam sales.

The best part about Elite is the early game, since aside from fleet carriers (which I hate) E: D doesn't really have any end game content. Didn't fancy resetting my account, so used different accounts bought as above. I'm an explorer, and once you get to Elite in exploration, there's not much more to do there since the 400bn systems are pretty much all the same. 🤷‍♀️

How did it take you 500 hours? Usually takes me less than an hour to decide if i like a game or not.
There were no engineers at first - and while it was very grindy the gameplay was at least enjoyable. With engineers came more grind on top and enemies turning into bullet sponges. That happened basically over night and every crappy pixel I had accumulated was nerfed. Fat change.

I like to imagine I wouldn't have bought ED had I known about the crappy powercreep turning the show into a looter shooter - but let's be real: It's Elite. And I am Space Nerd.

There were no engineers at first - and while it was very grindy the gameplay was at least enjoyable. With engineers came more grind on top and enemies turning into bullet sponges. That happened basically over night and every crappy pixel I had accumulated was nerfed. Fat change.

Ah, i can understand that. Yes, engineers really changed the game, unless you chose to ignore them and then suffer a major disadvantage in CZ.

One of my least favourite decisions by FD.

Multiple accounts, for ED...ya'll are just crazy... ;)

I have one account and I don't grind. I expect that "I" will still have unlocked (by engineering) gameplay left when the servers finally go offline, at this rate.

But the real question is "What game are we all playing instead of E:D?": Discord

Asking the vaped question cause Google isn't currently my friend atm

Is it possible to transfer all your console account credits to your PC account? i.e. is there any angle I may have missed? Like money laundering credits from one platform through Arx and then accessing that from another platform? I haven't played with my PC account since getting Horizons on Steam. All my wealth is on Xbox side which is where I first bought ED. Lately tired of paying M$ to access online access for ED and literally 3 other game titles (AC Odysessy, RDR2 & GTAO). When I can play their superior doppleganger versions on Steam for free. With or without the longevity of mods and other PC platform benefits. Just had to ask in case I may have missed some tactic that would save a lot of game play hours

Asking the vaped question cause Google isn't currently my friend atm

Is it possible to transfer all your console account credits to your PC account? i.e. is there any angle I may have missed? Like money laundering credits from one platform through Arx and then accessing that from another platform? I haven't played with my PC account since getting Horizons on Steam. All my wealth is on Xbox side which is where I first bought ED. Lately tired of paying M$ to access online access for ED and literally 3 other game titles (AC Odysessy, RDR2 & GTAO). When I can play their superior doppleganger versions on Steam for free. With or without the longevity of mods and other PC platform benefits. Just had to ask in case I may have missed some tactic that would save a lot of game play hours

Currently playing EA of Ultimate Dreadnoughts. Rough campaign still. Damage model looks workable and they have flashfires and turrets popping off with bzioouuuh is quite fun.
Have a playthrough of Satisfactory too, but I unlocked most and it'd be new factory with neatly organisation, but I don't know where. Maybe I make large installation spanning from Northern Forest over Spire Canyon to the North?

Working my way through the Tomb Raider origin arc. About 30% into Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

May not finish: getting bored of all the handwringing about various family deaths while being personally responsible for killing more people than I can count.

Massive holiday sale on Steam.

Odyssey is $28 USD.
Not interested in Odyssey, but Infinity Battlescape is 50% off, the biggest sale I've seen on that game to date, so I might just pull the trigger. X-Rebirth VR is 60% off, and I'm quite tempted by it as well.

My problem is that I already have too many games to play, many being a full-time job each. So as tempted as I am to buy these games, I should save my money for DLC (no, not Odyssey) for the games I'm currently enjoying.

Last edited:
Working my way through the Tomb Raider origin arc. About 30% into Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

May not finish: getting bored of all the handwringing about various family deaths while being personally responsible for killing more people than I can count.
Yeah, SOTR lost me about half-way through. It's a beautiful game, but the story just didn't hold my attention.

Top Bottom