What other games are we all playing?

My laptop came preassembled.
Funny. Maybe.

As an indication of the supply chain, mine had been manufactured in June 2021, and needed six months of software updates. Nothing is going on the 1 TB SSD that is not needed. It does have an additional SSD slot, and an empty internal 2.5" SATA bay. Those will have to be added incrementally. The 16 GB memory can be upgraded to 32 GB.

I have a Micro Center four miles from me. :)

I tried that there starcitizen when it was free, gave up as it was just so clunky and hard work. Went back to Skyrim VR from the start, really enjoying it but still don’t have a clue! Whilst looking for Xmas decorations in the loft found my ancient scalextric, will be cleaning that up and see if it works over Xmas. Also designing a oo gauge layout for my cellar 12’ x 12’ so my biggest project! Did a bit of lone echo VR too, excellent game.

well got back into RF2 again, and the new cars are great in the wet. on le mans atm with the lotus 49 legends cars.

Last edited:
... and needed six months of software updates.
I'm the opposite. I've gone through great lengths to keep Windows from updating, holding at build 1909. Instead of updating software, I try to remove as much software as possible. Of course I keep things like Steam and my games up-to-date, but when it comes to Windows, updates are more likely to break things than fix things.

over did my main drive and no patches since i can't find 15gb for the update? what you doing writing an new os:). That pushing it Microsoft.

Right now I'm playing a lot of More Power Tool, 3DMark, and GMiner to push the limits on my new 6900 XTXH (cause my 800 dollar HTPC really needs an overclocked 1600 dollar GPU to connect to my 250 dollar 4k TV) and also toying with the idea of turning my SFF system into a TARDIS with a Dremel (or just stripping all the extra parts, like the cooler shroud, fans, and backplate, off the 6900) to try and fit the card in there instead.

I'm the opposite. I've gone through great lengths to keep Windows from updating, holding at build 1909. Instead of updating software, I try to remove as much software as possible. Of course I keep things like Steam and my games up-to-date, but when it comes to Windows, updates are more likely to break things than fix things.

Disabling the feature and driver updates is usually prudent, but chances are that you'll still want the security updates.

I'm on Windows10Home Version 20H2 OS Build 19043... blah blah blah

I try to block these patches if I see feedback on the gaming forums about bad ones, but I let a couple in (probably shouldn't have). Its trying to convince me to go Win 11 but I'll go kicking and screaming or until I either feel comfy with it or its forced. When I worked in IT as a cad mngr. I learned to hate these updates (unless they fixing some bad bad problem).

GL HF ... thanks for the info too

At the moment I'm playing Tropico 6, DCS and some World of Warships but I'm shelving it again as I've finished the 'required' grindfest.
Picked up Cyberpunk again instead of the latter, with difficulty set to easy so perhaps this way I'll finish the game, finally. :)

Oh and I bought the classic Sam and Max too - I should really finish one of these classic point and click adventures. Tried them without guides but I get stuck, last time it resulted me in running into a dead end roughly mid-game in Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders too. :)

Last edited:
WoWs and XRebirth
WoWs time is starting to dwindle and I'm on to a new / old game Mechwarrior 5.

I may restart MWO later but for now I want to play the new shiny game. Its in my cart, I just have to pull the trigger.

GL HF

Edit: It's mine now. Happy Holidays

Last edited:
Took advantage of Steam's insane Black Friday sales and added a few more long followed games to gather dust on my Steam shelf:
1.JPG

Finally got Farmer's Dynasty and Ranch Sim :love: for my gaming laptop PC. Still waiting on my discounted 2TB SSD to arrive so I can finally have enough space to play my favorite Steam titles. And hopefully by next summer sales, I'll be able to add Farming Simulator 22 to the list at discounted price. Especially since way more mods will be available for '22 by then. So I'll finally have Farming Sim 22 to fulfill my virtual farming itch and Farming Dynasty to scratch the Sims 3 version of a farmer life simulator itch. To date, I'm still stumped FD hasn't attracted a significantly higher fan base following to date given all the amazing features its indie dev added to the game.

But also got hit with 2nd time around Buyer's remorse from gleefully grabbing AC2 Brotherhood and predecessor AC2 with it's associated DLC for PC version. Ended up having to get refunded for these after listening to talking heads at fan boi sites around the web. Particularly the chatter on legacy AC2 because of its unique associated DLC promo rewards (which is what I bought it for). Didn't realize just how badly Ubi sabotaged returning vet and new players on AC2. All the special promo DLC rewards like the Auditore Family Crypt, those 2 additional sequence 11/12 game maps etc. were 100% server based AND designed for last gen/X360 console gamers (when the game came out over a decade ago). So if have the misfortune of being
  • a PC gamer, or
  • were not lucky enough to be a console gamer who still retained their old X360/PS3 save game content, and/or
  • didn't maintain your old saves on your local console HD (or some external media), then
you're royally SCREWED for this unique limited edition DLC content. Particularly the Auditore Family Crypt DLC because this was such a critical, instrumental part of Enzio's backstory. And formed the very foundation of what drove the organizational creed AC2 was built on by default. Because Altair/Enzio/Desmond's backstories formed the backbone of the AC franchise to date. Period. That being said...

For those ED dual citizenship denizens from the AC 'verse: Have you come to suspect Ubisoft may have been considering a reboot of the series as way back as 10 years ago when AC2 came out? Particularly because of the disastrous direction they took with the annual game releases. And the recent radical transformation of this once parkour/puzzle solving game mechanic into a live service RPG (Odysessy/Origin/Vahalla etc).

All of these showed the radical transformation Ubi has opted to now take with the franchise. Leaving the Man v. Man conflict that defined the franchise in AC1- AC 4 where is was Assassins v Templars. Going full blown mythological/supernatural conflict where the main story has become a convoluting merge of legacy AC1/AC2 lore with recent Norse mythology. Perfect example of this is Eivor v Odin boss fight in Vahalla. Where this iteration of AC main story is focused on the mythological Esu and their politics before the great catastrophe that obliterated their civilization and nearly humanity.

So it seems Ubi is now looking to make AC a full blown live service franchise.:cautious: Which consists of multiple PC back stories of unrelated protags. Like the way they killed off AC2 main PC and his supporting assassin members. So Eivor isn't genetically related to legacy AC1 (Altair), the predecessor of AC2 (Desmond) etc. etc. Makes for a very confusing direction that Ubi is now taking the franchise. Only hope this doesn't end up destroying the franchise the way the Exceptional A$sh@ts and As$h@tVision have managed to destroy every title they're touched to date.:mad:

anyhow rant over. Back OT

The devs literally suffered from myopia when they designed how this instrumental DLC would be distributed to players in the future. Ubi literally did not have a plan for how players would be able to access this DLC content --THAT THEY CLEARLY PAID FOR -- once they had to shutdown those aged AC2 servers which had reached their EOL milestone date. Seriously, Ubi is sadly now on decline for both tech and employee based reasons. They seriously need to consider taking a page out of Hangar 13's playbook they way they remade Mafia 1. Particularly where Ubi's strategic vision of future considerations on how the AC franchise will be designed in future.

So for anyone who may be considering buying AC2 and/or Brotherhood for nostalgia's sake: CAVEAT EMPTOR. Know that prior to AC2 server shutdown, if you failed to d/l and still retain the saves with this DLC somewhere, or happen to be an unfortunate PC gamer buying these titles years later, then this abrupt disconnect has likely marooned you. And all other AC2 vets and would be AC2 players who make the mistake of buying this amazing title. Which they most likely would have on places like Microsoft marketplace store. And particularly on Steam during the steeply discounted Black Friday sales. Only to find said content AWOL because the devs couldn't be bothered to include it as regular DLC for this legacy title.

So you end up coming on this forum to BMW (B*tch, Moan and Whine) about it.

Just like 100% of the contents making up this post :ROFLMAO:

Looks like I'm back to playing XRebirth and WoWs for a while. After days of trying to get MW5 to run, I gave up (for now) and got a refund. No problem, I'll try at a later date. I had comms w/ support but they didn't help much so I decided to just bail. I did get to play some on the first install and it was fun fwiw. I may crank up MWO now to scratch that mech itch. GL HF Commanders

Top Bottom