Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

Thing is, I can get out of a station faster than the AI. I'm around them and gone while they're lining up on the slot.

But for actual docking, especially planetary... the pad is always at a weird angle, and as a human I can't tell when I'm 200m above it, so I have to come in like a runway. The DC just drops me down vertically. That was quite a time saver... but I also begrudge giving it a slot! 😾 Wish the whole kaboodle was just an upgrade to the ship's computer, one off payment, not a module.
On the planet docking... do what the DC does at outposts: nose dive until close then flip. Does the same on FC approach.

On the planet docking... do what the DC does at outposts: nose dive until close then flip. Does the same on FC approach.
Be aware of the gravity if you use this approach, at higher gravities you can pick up a lot of speed unintentionally unless you are using the belly thrusters to support your ship as they are the only ones the planetary approach suite boosts to compensate for gravity.

Of course if you are using Flight Assist off that doesn’t apply as the compensation is switched off, one of the ways to land gently on higher g worlds is to blip FA off which lets the ship start to fall slowly much better than thrusting down in those situations,

Absolutely no problems with the traffic at Jaques today.

unknown.png

Business as usual.

(Btw, is it Zhak's, or Jake's?)

System state. Does this change on the Thursday tick or can it just randomly do so? I was doing some nice restore missions while it was in civil unrest about two hours ago. Came back and it has switched to outbreak. Not notices this before.

Absolutely no problems with the traffic at Jaques today.

unknown.png

Business as usual.

(Btw, is it Zhak's, or Jake's?)
in french it james :) that confused him 🤣
Jacques ( French: [ʒak] ( listen), Quebec French pronunciation : [ʒɑɔ̯k] ( listen)) is the French equivalent of James, ultimately originating from the name Jacob . Jacques is derived from the Late Latin Iacobus, from the Greek Ἰακώβος ( Septuagintal Greek Ἰακώβ ), from the Hebrew name Jacob יַעֲקֹב ‎.

System state. Does this change on the Thursday tick or can it just randomly do so? I was doing some nice restore missions while it was in civil unrest about two hours ago. Came back and it has switched to outbreak. Not notices this before.
I thought it was on the tick, but might not be. I haven't really paid attention.

I found this quote, which seems to be from a BGS savvy person.

"state of a system will change, usually on the dot of the 10 minute board refresh timer, if you have successfully brought the influence of that system and or state, to a sufficient point to change the simulation."

So I guess it changes when it changes.

I've been doing the CG on my Alt. I forgot how dark the Python is with its default paint. It looks like a stealth ship. :)

I'm trying to hit top 50%, just to ensure that I don't slip past 75% over the weekend when I can't play as much. Supplies are drying up already, making longer trips necessary. I expect the CG to complete over the weekend, there is a lot of interest.

The Colonia one will probably go longer, of course.

2022-01-07_06-41-14_Alcor_Macdonald Settlement.jpg

tell me about it, i went for a 836t synthetic meat contract i visited 3 different systems that said they had it, in the end i checked out inara website to find the meat. Turn out to be 4 jumps in the other direction towards khun system. Instead of the 9 jumps i previous done in a t9 thet not a nice xperience.

tell me about it, i went for a 836t synthetic meat contract i visited 3 different systems that said they had it, in the end i checked out inara website to find the meat. Turn out to be 4 jumps in the other direction towards khun system. Instead of the 9 jumps i previous done in a t9 thet not a nice xperience.
is that the sniper rifle, remember aim a little to the right, the gun sights are weird in ody has they seem to offset the aim to the left.

edited you be most definity missing if you aim left,instead of right:)

Last edited:
...Tip of the week

Make sure Microsoft Teams is disabled when playing! - Hull integrity 97%

Bonus tip - don't try to repair FSD when in super cruise! - Hull integrity 96%

A few thousand LY away from Beagle Point and realise AFMU isnt automatic! - Still a N00b :D
Don't try repairing thruster in SC. It is not fun. Also be aware the AFMU won't repair your power plant.

Sounds like you're getting there though so kudos!

Top Bottom