Buckyball Racing Club and New Pilots Initiative present: New Pilots Hustle (8-16 January 3308)

I've switched to regulation class Eagle, first run submitted (was pretty pleased with it despite an "interference fit" engagement with the back of one of the stations). Alas just too late to make today's leaderboard update (which has been posted in the Discord server).

Race Class: Regulation
Ship Type: Eagle
Ship Name: Fairground Hustler

wXfKFI0.png

Intent to race:

Race Class: Unlimited
Ship Type: Type-9 Heavy
Ship Name: Baymax

3GZKyKa.jpg

I'll probably switch to a more suitable racer later, but for now watch out for me in the mail-slots folks! o7
There will not be a mail slot if that is coming through, and I would seriously doubt you would notice our more "delicate" ships even if they rammed you at full speed

I salute the boldness of this ... as long as you don't beat my time in a flippin' T9 ... in which case there WILL be KHAN scream gifs!
Not much danger of that @Alec Turner :)

There will not be a mail slot if that is coming through, and I would seriously doubt you would notice our more "delicate" ships even if they rammed you at full speed
Well yes, the scene in my screenshot is the aftermath of a Buckyball landing by Baymax. :ROFLMAO:

Well Raiko`s idea sounded so much fun I just ran an Imperial Cutter round in 35.01. That dam ship is a sod to turn though. It is not fair to call it drift as you float past looking at the place you would like to be. I would suggest that it steers using guesswork . What a hoot though as you fly through the slot at over 500m/s in an apartment block.

Last edited:
Well Raiko`s idea sounded so much fun I just ran an Imperial Cutter round in 35.01. That dam ship is a sod to turn though. It is not fair to call it drift as you float past looking at the place you would like to be. I would suggest that it steers using guesswork . What a hoot though as you fly through the slot at over 500m/s in an apartment block.
Truth
Point the nose to where you want to go, add 90 more degrees, and THEN you'll get to where you want to go lol

Name: CMDR Sgurr
Class: Open Unlimited
Ship: Type 9
Ship Name: Barda

Arriving in system, good racing so far!
May your shields be strong and pray we don't meet in the slot ;)

Edit: and Raiko ninja'd my idea, the joke and a better screenshot, piffle
Only one way to settle this ...

T9 intent to race.jpg

Last edited:
Made some tweaks to my build, primarily engineering my power distributor so I could boost for days. Only made four costly errors this time around, but plenty of minor ones, I'm improving too! :) (y)

You can watch my egregious abuse of the "boost" button in about an hour here:

Top Bottom