A new nice video from ObsidianAnt

That would be kind of beautiful wouldn't it? Do you honestly believe that is how it works though?
In my previous experience, yes. The real obstacle is getting the right idea to the right people at the right time- when it all lines up things work out.

For all FDs faults I've never seen them put anyone above anyone else regards ideas, its just a shame they are not as forthright about saying 'thats crap' more often.

War? There was a war? Wow!

I just find it fascinating how hero worship works... I'm sure there was a chancellor around 90 years ago who also had followers believe them with their polemic... (and that was in the days before the internet!)
ED is a game with a steep learning curve. Some people accept that and use trial-and-error, others read wiki's, the forum or watch videos. Personally I watched the videos, and in no way did it spoil the game for me. Quite the opposite.

OA has always been delivering high quality content, and he has always been very fair. Others, like the Latvian had a more confronting approach, but I guess we all have an interest in seeing the game we all love survive.

I'm not sure not mentioning the war will result in that. As someone wrote, there hasn't been much new content for some of us lately. I don't fancy running around in a half baked FPS with low fps, shooting scientists in the face, but each to his/her own.

Should I keep my mouth shut about that, and in that case why?

ED is a game with a steep learning curve. Some people accept that and use trial-and-error, others read wiki's, the forum or watch videos. Personally I watched the videos, and in no way did it spoil the game for me. Quite the opposite.
I learned the steep way, for what it is worth. 🤷‍♂️
OA has always been delivering high quality content, and he has always been very fair. Others, like the Latvian had a more confronting approach, but I guess we all have an interest in seeing the game we all love survive.
youtubers serve a purpose for some, why, even I stream the game - I just don't edit, add comentary or attempt to put across my opnion as valuable...
I'm not sure not mentioning the war will result in that. As someone wrote, there hasn't been much new content for some of us lately. I don't fancy running around in a half baked FPS with low fps, shooting scientists in the face, but each to his/her own.

Should I keep my mouth shut about that, and in that case why?
Think whatever you wish of the expansion, it doesn't bother me in the least... Your opinion is 100% correct, for you...

I just thought suggesting that a youtuber's opinion was 1000 times more valuable than my own to be a particularly droll hill to choose to die on.

War? There was a war? Wow!

I just find it fascinating how hero worship works... I'm sure there was a chancellor around 90 years ago who also had followers believe them with their polemic... (and that was in the days before the internet!)

Can it be that you project your own opinion on others?.. spoon fed, heroes, all that give me an impression of a strong personal opinion you attach to other forum poster.

OA is definitely not my or a hero. He is just a guy who creates videos with content I and some other see as useful.

And that's exactly it, I use him and his videos to inform myself, nothing more or less. If he would stop posting videos I would. Look for a different source.nothing more

Can it be that you project your own opinion on others?.. spoon fed, heroes, all that give me an impression of a strong personal opinion you attach to other forum poster.
I think not... I express my own opinion... It may not be the one others wish, but that really is life, isn't it?

Never mind, the debate will never cease, not when opinion is concerned, so life will continue onward until it finishes.

Is this the Update 10 vid that is mostly cam work, then a stock report and ends on an atmospheric planet?
If so, i was a bit disappointed as it didn't tell me much beyond doom...
I don't think his content will change much until FD get to things more to his liking.
He's just gonna have to wait just like the rest of us though... throwing more muck at the game now can only be seen as counter-productive.
My personal opinion is he has let himself be polarised and has become of the voice of the dis-enfranchised.
The things people do for votes.
He is just coming across as a stick to beat FD with.
Constructive criticism, as they say. Take it or ignore it, idc.
P.S.
I am a subscriber yet he does not speak for me, since some seem to have suggested that.

So you are a sycophant of another man?

Amazing, truly flabberghasting that hero worship could sway logic!
Its true I don't like eating ants.

Hero worship? No not at all, but I must confess I laugh like a walrus when OA gets his pronunciations wrong Cape Verd still has me in stiches. You go ahead though if you want to think that... maybe Frontier can invite you into their offices next to OA and they can double their influence hmm something to mull over :unsure:

Its true I don't like eating ants.

Hero worship? No not at all, but I must confess I laugh like a walrus when OA gets his pronunciations wrong Cape Verd still has me in stiches. You go ahead though if you want to think that... maybe Frontier can invite you into their offices next to OA and they can double their influence hmm something to mull over :unsure:
Gosh...

ETA: They'd never invite me, I don't share my opinions or attempt to influence anyone on youtube... I leave the difficult task of forming their opinion entirely up to them 🥳

Last edited:
In comedy, two series is enough. After that it's not funny. In YouTube land that equates to about 30 videos I guess. They repeat and repeat and use stock footage over and over again.

Last edited:
I enjoyed the video and don't play the game.

OA keeps me informed on what's going on. One day, he might show something that makes me want to play again. Yamiks is pretty good too.
Keep watching those and you will never play the game again.

You don't have to agree with the guy but his opinion is worth x1000 more than yours or mine
Only as far as dissemination. And therein lay the problem. One is supplanting their first hand experience with someone who talks for clicks, and while 'content creators' are definitely not inherently problematic, drama, negativity and toxicity are proven ways to generate more clicks. So why give someone who has had a history of following that trajectory the views when they do their 'monthly check-in', or whatever? Especially when you can just load the game and see for yourself.

right/wrong what is truth isn't the same as opinion
debating the former is a fruitless cause because you will rarely if ever get 'the facts', in fact its often used by people to supress or devalue opinion

I don't always agree with OA, BurrPit and others but I'm under no illusion his/there opinion carries more weight than mine.
It's not about right/wrong, more about whether the opinion is informed or not. Facts inform opinions, not how many people listen. And then there is the issue of ulterior motives and/or bias.

Top Bottom