Console Profile Transfers and 2022 Updates

And? You think FDev should have just refused to let the jump happen, outright, rather than taking on the role of dungeon-master (...with what limited resources they had)?

I am afraid I have not kept up with the current context in this thread, in which the matter was apparently brought up.
In my opinion, one of the main narrative problems in ED is they lack Game Masters (or if you prefer, Dungeon Masters). But that needs effort.

I supposed that, don't worry. We can enjoy or complain about Gnosis (even both) equally legitimately. But Gnosis wrong doing should'nt be blamed on players on pretenses on Raxxla or being dangerous (I don't speak about you, but for others, i'm only trying to explain to you the context)

Last edited:
Its your choice to not complain against, but the argument was the mistake of Rat Catcher to link the kickback of the Gnosis with being dangerous, not being a meshed bad design and low effort work put on motion, which is my argument. You obviously can like that low effort work, I do a lot. But the problem is a low effort work, not being dangerous.

I'm not sure it's quite right to say the Gnosis event was simple. Yes the jump didn't happen - and she didn't land in a Thargoid civilisation hellscape exactly - but it was the first time a megaship ever caught fire and my memory is the thing was shaking, klaxons and alarms blaring, this was all new and the event brought the first sightings of Hydra variant (iirc it was the first time we saw Scout craft as well)

It was a significant unannounced update and the damage to Gnosis opened the door for Thargoid damaged starports as well as kicking off Thargoids in general, who were a bit of a tourist attraction up to that point. Winter in fact came but the backlash really was because many people seemed to think (for some reason) that a jump into Thargoid controlled space was going to be a jolly day out and a picnic for explorer ships.

For an hour the whole thing was unsurvivable for battleships even, Red Shirts were waking up in hospital 1000Ly away, so god knows what it would have been like if she had made it inside the cone but The Gnosis Incident was a 1000 times better way to introduce new game mechanics, than any roadmap could ever be. It was great because Columbus, Cpt Cook even James T Kirk never had roadmaps, how can there be a map if nobody's ever been there before?

So just a few weeks before the announcement of the end console development, I went through with the transfer option that was available at the time and had a bunch of credits transferred to my PC pilot and erased my Xbox pilot.

Now with this new transfer/copy option coming up I'm curious if I'll be able to play on my Steam account, where I purchased Odyssey. I know a new account will be made that's an exact copy of my console pilot, with my console pilot now being brand spankin' new now. Will I be able to unlink my current frontier account from my steam and relink the new one being made? Thus giving me access to the Odyssey that I already purchased? I have a fair amount of paint jobs and decals and such purchased on Xbox, I just want access to all that on PC.

Transferring the credits from my old PC account to the new one would be a nice bonus but isn't necessary as we all know credits are easy enough to come by.

Changing the frontier account that my Steam is linked to is possible, right?

Last edited:
If these features were added to the game I'm sure many players would enjoy them. Hopefully a Dev. might read it and try to add a few.

I would like to be able to explore my ship on foot. (Up and out of the seat and walk to the back door as well as the entrance door found at the landing gear)
I would like to be able to explore more of the space stations. (Not limited to authorized areas, able to walk around on everywhere)
I would like to be able to spacewalk. (Add a tether or harpoon for hitting asteroids, stations, ships, and let me exit the back door)
I would like to be able to harpoon a none moving object and slide over to it while space walking.
I would like to be able to plasma cut my way into stations ships facilities not only on foot but space walking as well.
I would like to be able to board a ship, kill the cmdr/surrender, take their ship and have it up to the point I get blown up in it.
When they re-spawn they still have their ship if they buy it back.
Some of these things should have been in Odyssey to keep up with other games.
Odyssey NPC walkers in the stations and on the ground need a massive AI update... most of them are zombies and that doesn't help the game when compared to others.
Note that nothing here is saying more stations, ships, srv, etc. This is about fixing the expectations of Odyssey which is fairly close.
The overall game content is amazing and vast most players have no idea what is in the game.
Perhaps some point in the future you guys could work on leading players to that content through the news/missions/tutorials. However, that is why I am still playing since the start of the game. I find something new almost every week, which keeps me coming back.

Last edited by a moderator:
A potential issue : my XBox account E-mail is the same as the one I use for my main PC commander account. Will this be a problem and if so can this be resolved?

If these features were added to the game I'm sure many players would enjoy them. Hopefully a Dev. might read it and try to add a few.

I would like to be able to explore my ship on foot. (Up and out of the seat and walk to the back door as well as the entrance door found at the landing gear)
Yes but it will soon be as interesting as walking from the lift into any of the ships in a station concourse.
I would like to be able to explore more of the space stations. (Not limited to authorized areas, able to walk around on everywhere)
More places to visit in stations and planetary ports would be good. Not sure I personally want to break into places though.
I would like to be able to spacewalk. (Add a tether or harpoon for hitting asteroids, stations, ships, and let me exit the back door)
I would like to be able to harpoon a none moving object and slide over to it while space walking.
Yes that could be good.
I would like to be able to plasma cut my way into stations ships facilities not only on foot but space walking as well.
I would like to be able to board a ship, kill the cmdr/surrender, take their ship and have it up to the point I get blown up in it.
You have no idea how much I don’t want this even with the next bit.
When they re-spawn they still have their ship if they buy it back.

Some of these things should have been in Odyssey to keep up with other games.
Just because other games do something is not a justification for including it in Elite.

Odyssey NPC walkers in the stations and on the ground need a massive AI update... most of them are zombies and that doesn't help the game when compared to others.
Note that nothing here is saying more stations, ships, srv, etc. This is about fixing the expectations of Odyssey which is fairly close.
The overall game content is amazing and vast most players have no idea what is in the game.
Perhaps some point in the future you guys could work on leading players to that content through the news/missions/tutorials.
Elite has never been about leading people to things it has always been about finding your own way.
However, that is why I am still playing since the start of the game. I find something new almost every week, which keeps me coming back.
Agreed and there are whole areas of existing gameplay that I haven’t touched because I am having fun doing the basics.

I'm not sure it's quite right to say the Gnosis event was simple. Yes the jump didn't happen - and she didn't land in a Thargoid civilisation hellscape exactly - but it was the first time a megaship ever caught fire and my memory is the thing was shaking, klaxons and alarms blaring, this was all new and the event brought the first sightings of Hydra variant (iirc it was the first time we saw Scout craft as well)

It was a significant unannounced update and the damage to Gnosis opened the door for Thargoid damaged starports as well as kicking off Thargoids in general, who were a bit of a tourist attraction up to that point. Winter in fact came but the backlash really was because many people seemed to think (for some reason) that a jump into Thargoid controlled space was going to be a jolly day out and a picnic for explorer ships.

For an hour the whole thing was unsurvivable for battleships even, Red Shirts were waking up in hospital 1000Ly away, so god knows what it would have been like if she had made it inside the cone but The Gnosis Incident was a 1000 times better way to introduce new game mechanics, than any roadmap could ever be. It was great because Columbus, Cpt Cook even James T Kirk never had roadmaps, how can there be a map if nobody's ever been there before?
The excellent Gnosis event was overshadowed by the many-hours-early Galnet spoiler article, and the no-fire zone not being disabled (initially), giving much ammo to complainers

Shame I can't transfer my Frontier: First Encounter save to Elite: Dangerous. I have a Thargoid war ship with a 65,535ly jump range.
I wish I could get my bugged Elite 2 Eagle MK3 which weighed -3000t empty and was fitted with a large plasma accelerator, class 7 hyperdrive, thousand of shields, hundreds of cabins and still hauled more than the panther clipper thousands of ly in a single jump.

fair play - but how about all the ship kits & weapon detailing & bobble heads i paid real money for?
FD is not obligated to make up for you not thinking things through. There are things that are their fault and things that are not, you not reading/being able to wait is not their fault and IMO, they don't need to compensate you anything.

When FD is at fault, then I always hold them accountable. But this is clearly a you problem and it seems ridiculous to me that they should have to code up an entirely new way to get back everything you had.

Not really since you have to pay for it to be of any use. Then on top of that you are limited to session lengths. No thanks.

You have to pay for a gaming computer too. At least 2000 euro for a decent one.
2000 euros means 100 months of rtx3080 special subscription with 8 hours session time and rtx3080 graphics.

IMO it's the best deal if your favorite game is available on Geforce Now

You have to pay for a gaming computer too. At least 2000 euro for a decent one.
That's a bit on the high side, if I ignore the recent price gauging you can get a decent setup which runs optimised(!) games just fine for way less than that.

The excellent Gnosis event was overshadowed by the many-hours-early Galnet spoiler article, and the no-fire zone not being disabled (initially), giving much ammo to complainers
I was a victim of that no no-fire zone "dead on the pad" glitch, and I really lit into Frontier that morning. A week later, however, I confessed that the Gnosis event wasn't all that bad, and now I see it as quite memorable. It's the only time I've seen Thargoids actually attacking a large structure like a megaship or station.

What saddens me is that the backlash was so severe (people quitting the game, people vowing to "never forget" and "never forgive") that Frontier will likely never try to do something interesting like that again. We need MORE Gnosis Events, not less! People need to remember that for every rocket Elon Musk successfully sends into space, a dozen more blew up on the launch pad. Failure is the path to success, but only if you get back up after you fall down.

I was a victim of that no no-fire zone "dead on the pad" glitch, and I really lit into Frontier that morning. A week later, however, I confessed that the Gnosis event wasn't all that bad, and now I see it as quite memorable. It's the only time I've seen Thargoids actually attacking a large structure like a megaship or station.

What saddens me is that the backlash was so severe (people quitting the game, people vowing to "never forget" and "never forgive") that Frontier will likely never try to do something interesting like that again. We need MORE Gnosis Events, not less! People need to remember that for every rocket Elon Musk successfully sends into space, a dozen more blew up on the launch pad. Failure is the path to success, but only if you get back up after you fall down.
Absolutely. It was incredible. FD needs to get over it and do more.

Top Bottom