Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

I know it's a bit off topic...but since we seem to relish covering a proper gamut of space games on here...

I'm disappointed about that, but after Microsoft Flight Simulator I vowed to never again buy anything before or on release day, so I would have had to wait until 2023 regardless.

I know it's a bit off topic...but since we seem to relish covering a proper gamut of space games on here...

Could it have something to do with this?

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC8HH9SxSOM

In all honesty i was looking forward to what appeared to be a true competitor to Star Citizen, i'm less optimistic these days.

No, i never gave them a single penny.

In all honesty i was looking forward to what appeared to be a true competitor to Star Citizen, i'm less optimistic these days.

I very much doubt that Bethesda are even vaguely interested in what this latest internet jpeg scam is up to...they actually make games, not always good ones of course but some folk like them. :)

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator

Well, that should make things easier for the Chairman if he needs to announce any kind of delays in his upcoming, and highly anticipated, letter. Can´t wait.

Between how much hardware and electricity continues to be consumed by Bitcoin mining, and how often NFTs get bandied about these days, it’s nice to see there’s still a tiny sliver of sanity In this world…

Yes it was the reaction (not yours, but others) to your repurposed post that made me laugh like a Bond villain.

As for comparing Odyssey to Star Citizen, I think that's natural due to the similarities and overlapping gameplay. For example, do I personally want to visit Odyssey planets or Star Citizen planets? Right now, Star Citizen planets are more interesting to me, based on watching other people play both SC and Oddy. In fact, it's Odyssey's failure (at least in my eyes) that caused me to take another look at Star Citizen. Not that I'm willing to throw money at either ATM. Thankfully at least Star Citizen has a demo period so I can hopefully try it out in about a week. I wish Odyssey offered the same..

Considering the performance issues with Odyssey a trial period would be a very good idea. Steam's 2 hour of gameplay refund window is simply not enough for Elite.

The main problem with Odyssey for many is performance and i'm sure a lot of people aren't buying it simply because they worry they can't run it at a decent framerate (and many will not be able to, but at least they would be able to check).

Gameplay might be superficially similar, but actual gameplay is wildly different, from the flight model to how missions work. Not to mention you'll spend a lot more time running around places in SC than in ED. Which is better is of course subjective.

As for planets, well, while SC's planets get a lot more handcrafted love, i'd feel claustrophobic playing SC after ED.

Dude, that was clearly scamorama from day 1. How people fall for this manure is beyond me. I mean, at least SC in the early days, assuming you knew nothing about CR, looked promising, if you overlooked the things like 5.5 million to create the BDSSE, the massive claims made, the stretch goals that made no sense in terms of effort vs amount asked....

Yeah, if you paid no attention to any of those things, then SC might have looked like an interesting proposition. :p

I very much doubt that Bethesda are even vaguely interested in what this latest internet jpeg scam is up to...they actually make games, not always good ones of course but some folk like them. :)

I'll say this for Bugthesda. I've always enjoyed every single one of their games that i've bought, although the only games i have bought were Elder Scrolls games. Also for some of them, i use the phrase "bought" loosely. Ahem.

Considering the performance issues with Odyssey a trial period would be a very good idea. Steam's 2 hour of gameplay refund window is simply not enough for Elite.

The main problem with Odyssey for many is performance and i'm sure a lot of people aren't buying it simply because they worry they can't run it at a decent framerate (and many will not be able to, but at least they would be able to check).

Gameplay might be superficially similar, but actual gameplay is wildly different, from the flight model to how missions work. Not to mention you'll spend a lot more time running around places in SC than in ED. Which is better is of course subjective.

As for planets, well, while SC's planets get a lot more handcrafted love, i'd feel claustrophobic playing SC after ED.
Strangely enough...the feeling of claustrophobia isn't really an issue. I miss scooting around the galaxy to a certain extent but with the planetary surfaces having that extra bit of oomph in SC and with the way the entire player perspective is changed by being an FPS game... but with spaceships... almost offsets that to a certain degree. It's hard to get around that perspective change when looking at SC from a strictly ED players viewpoint...but the SC players will get where I'm coming from.

It's the reason I shy away from making any comparisons between the two, they really are totally different 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Top Bottom