Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

Congrats. And yes, combat rank is the hardest to get Elite in. When you get to Deadly you are halfway there, with as many kills in front of you as behind. I've been Deadly for a very long time. It doesn't seem to move much :)
Doing missions in a reasonably tanky/damage dealing Annie and popping those mission spawned interdictors increased the bar quite well when I was last in the bubble, or Pleiades - no matter, same neighbourhood. Got from Deadly 3% to Deadly 58% almost accidentally, without actually seeking combat, but not eschewing it either.

Sounds fun! And looks.. YUMMY!
yWvyxkNl.jpg
Ewwwwww.

Congrats. And yes, combat rank is the hardest to get Elite in. When you get to Deadly you are halfway there, with as many kills in front of you as behind. I've been Deadly for a very long time. It doesn't seem to move much :)
As you know…

This is not just down to only being halfway there but also because the higher the combat rank of your target above you the more bonus XP you got from beating them with only one rank left to go bonus XP is negligible with every rank below yours the XP gets reduced.

What am I up to ...

Watching my pc diagnostic / recovery tools chunter away in the faint hope that my main PC's m.2 SSD boot drive can be resurrected else I am in for lots of fun re-installing an enormous amount of fight sim stuff all weekend and probably getting more acquainted with this laptop I am typing on.

Note to self: Tidy up apartment, throw out junk and make sure you can find the damn rescue and image disks in future. 😡

Last edited:
As you know…

This is not just down to only being halfway there but also because the higher the combat rank of your target above you the more bonus XP you got from beating them with only one rank left to go bonus XP is negligible with every rank below yours the XP gets reduced.
Whereas, with exo, each sample gets you the same (factoring in codex bonuses) so ranking up feels horrid at later stages because you need so much more of it. SO much more. And MORE.

Would that be an accurate statement?

What am I up to ...

Watching my pc diagnostic / recovery tools chunter away in the faint hope that my main PC's m.2 SSD boot drive can be resurrected else I am in for lots of fun re-installing an enormous amount of fight sim stuff all weekend and probably getting more acquainted with this laptop I am typing on.

Note to self: Tidy up apartment, throw out junk and make sure you can find the damn rescue and image disks in future. 😡
Youch! Keeping me fingers crossed for you there matey! What happened to cause that? Presumably you'll clone it as soon as...

Last edited:
.... What happened to cause that? ......

My immediate reaction was "Oh bu@@er, it is Friday 13th" - but nope, just disc failure, losing MBR etc - I am trying to recover without having to replace and reinstall but I am not hopeful. New SSD arrives tomorrow so it's all Pete Tong until then really. As I said, at least it is forcing me to get more used to this laptop (in the sense of getting used to the keyboard really).

My immediate reaction was "Oh bu@@er, it is Friday 13th" - but nope, just disc failure, losing MBR etc - I am trying to recover without having to replace and reinstall but I am not hopeful. New SSD arrives tomorrow so it's all Pete Tong until then really. As I said, at least it is forcing me to get more used to this laptop (in the sense of getting used to the keyboard really).
Well, I'm probably too late now but there's a couple of things you can try in here (but you've most likely already gone that route):

Damn, my Inara rank slipped a bit while I was away. I'm so vain! :D To be honest, I never knew there was such a thing until I checked my rakings page a couple of weeks ago - now I wish I'd never notied! :D

Well, I'm probably too late now but there's a couple of things you can try in here (but you've most likely already gone that route):

Yeah I have been running Aomei's Partition Assistant for some hours now - that's the problem with 1TB m.2s. LOL

Thanks for trying though. (y)

C'ya Jellyfish o/
View attachment 306357

Starting my trip to guardian site, but somehow I cannot plot route directly to it from the Jellyfish.... so may I head back to HIP 36601 first.

I'm at about 1/3 of the trip here:
View attachment 306358
I'm fairly sure there is a restricted area between this nebula to and the bubble that needs a bit of fiddling about to plot around. There is one shown on edsm.net in the area.

The smaller landing footprint is easing planet-skipping in R. Noon's new joyride. This one can nestle into more sites without even rover runs.

TRIP PLAN

Make Pelican and North America nebulae, push on to Elephant's Trunk if smooth sailing. We'll be cruising in-system for awhile. Please see the flight attendant, today's meal is a food cartridge, a tree grub, and an astronaut ice cream. OK no passengers but I still like making the announcements

GMBs8Q2h.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom