Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Oh dear, 'bonkers concurrency' has caused bad data to 'metastasize'. Wipe incoming...

More specifically, over the course of the 3.17.0/1 patch cycle, there have been a number of issues that arose that lead to the LTP Database being flooded with bad data. While heading into 17.1, we had originally aimed to surgically correct this, the unprecedented high concurrency (seriously bonkers) during Invictus Launch Week, coupled with numerous bugs lead to the issues metastasizing beyond our capability to correct manually. Therefor, as mentioned above, it's time for a wipe.

That 'typical' response got three upvotes. The critical "it will release in 2036" post it responded to got 15x more upvotes. I know you really love the "all SC players are stupid cultists who cant think critically about anything" fiction, but clearly the 'typical' response in that topic were the negative, sarcastic, critical and concerned ones.

Oh. my. god. Imagine that. Maybe people who like a different space game that you like aren't that weird. Bizarre!

I mean typical for the faithful, not for all. I know there are sane backers out there.

Oh dear, 'bonkers concurrency' has caused bad data to 'metastasize'. Wipe incoming...

So, basically CIG's code is taking on a life of its own? Tony Z does it again! Subsumption is in!

Buy an Idris!

CIG giveth, and CIG taketh away...

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDK3yhnwQh4&t=15s

But yeah, the main response on reddit & spectrum is positive, as always. I guess keeping your $$$ ships, and having piles of random missiles in your horrible-to-manage inventory, will do that.

There are various disgruntled noobs around though, swearing off the game until launch and stuff. Or just being generally unenthused. And a few vets making the odd pithy point...

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/vnng3a/_/ie85vve Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/vnng3a/alpha_3172_database_wipe/ie85vve/

You know you just have to ask and I'll slip into bunny suit and Mole into a cowskin. Just for you. And we don't invite Agony.
I've got plenty of pics with me wearing cowskin...but us bikers tend to call it leather :whistle:

How about a mix of cow, rabbit and sheepskin to rival the bunnyman?

PqMnOFv.jpg

Last edited:
Well it's not that funny to anyone who paid for having the privilege to see that. The core game engine is still completely broken 10 years in development and shows absolutely zero sign of getting any better. CiG are doing the headless chicken run-around trying to distract backers from these fundamental issues but after a while you only see them. Cant find any motivation to go back in there and waste my time (and in-game money, probably, due to the vast amount of lethal bugs) with the current influx of very, very good games, or patches of S-tier ones like Dead Cells (want absolutely incredible developer support and exciting patch notes ? there you go). There's even another Bethesda game on the horizon and that Cyberpunk DLC, why should I waste my (relatively limited) free time on this nonsense ?

It's telling that the first response is that the player should report these issues to the issues council, I mean it's not as if many of these issues haven't been happening for literally years, I wonder of anyone has bothered to report ships blowing away in the wind yet? Maybe I better put a report in immediately so it can be fixed ASAP!

Things have changed. Star Citizen gained player count massively recently only because the game is a lot more playable now than ever before. Which means a large chunk of new players came to the game expect at least a rather stable database which does not wipe every 2 patches or so.

🤪

Wipe incoming!

Thank goodness for that...for me, like most longer term SC vets, it's way past overdue and very welcome. There are way too many exploits that have been allowed to run for for way too long and all the exploiters are getting extremely complacent.

We've not had a full DB wipe since 3.8, so Let's hope it is a full DB wipe and not some halfway measure implemented by Ci¬G to placate all the bleating billionaire objectionists who have been playing off those exploits since then.

The last line of that post is a bit of chickening out by Ci¬G as usual though...reimbursing an undisclosed amount of aUEC to anyone who is around during the ninetails nonsense that's upcoming....although I can see that being a total clusterfarce with the currently very broken state of 3.17.1. It'll end up with nobody playing it...a bit like the live patch is now. We're all playing other games and have been for weeks.

Once 3.17.2 drops with the wipe though, it'll give our org something to do in game...topping up the org piggy bank etc.

Last edited:
Thank goodness for that...for me, like most longer term SC vets, it's way past overdue and very welcome. There are way too many exploits that have been allowed to run for for way too long and all the exploiters are getting extremely complacent.

We've not had a full DB wipe since 3.8, so Let's hope it is a full DB wipe and not some halfway measure implemented by Ci¬G to placate all the bleating billionaire objectionists who have been playing off those exploits since then.

The last line of that post is a bit of chickening out by Ci¬G as usual though...reimbursing an undisclosed amount of aUEC to anyone who is around during the ninetails nonsense that's upcoming....although I can see that being a total clusterfarce with the currently very broken state of 3.17.1. It'll end up with nobody playing it...a bit like the live patch is now. We're all playing other games and have been for weeks.

Once 3.17.2 drops with the wipe though, it'll give our org something to do in game...topping up the org piggy bank etc.

Should SC ever release, i fully expect there to be exploits in game anyway.

The last cash/ships/items wipe was 3.15. This wipe coming with 3.17.2 apparently keeps reputation unaffected.

Top Bottom