Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Dropping my 5 cents here.
Launched the game couple(several?) of times.
Looks interesting from visual point of view.
Even ignoring performance and general issues not sure that it is the game I want.
So far it looks like a good platform to record 30 fps clips "how I did something in SC and how cool it was".
I forgive them 45$ I payed.
And wish them all the best in the development.
I will check the product upon release.

Last edited:
Our warehouses will conduct a physical inventory count this Thursday, June 30, which requires us to temporarily remove the option to shop for physical merchandise on our website from June 29 to July 6.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

You know you just have to ask and I'll slip into bunny suit and Mole into a cowskin. Just for you. And we don't invite Agony.

But i got a fairy suit especially!

funny-brutal-plus-size-man-fairy-costume-magic-stick-wings-purple-background-funny-brutal-middle-aged-plus-size-man-227100132.jpg

Typical response.
That 'typical' response got three upvotes. The critical "it will release in 2036" post it responded to got 15x more upvotes. I know you really love the "all SC players are stupid cultists who cant think critically about anything" fiction, but clearly the 'typical' response in that topic were the negative, sarcastic, critical and concerned ones.

Oh. my. god. Imagine that. Maybe people who like a different space game that you like aren't that weird. Bizarre!

This is one hell of a list...

purchased package back in 2015, came to play few weeks ago, I have been plagued with constant bugs. this is the short list that I come across on a daily basis. I would love to see this stuff fixed I have reported some of the more game breaking issue to the issue council. I feel like this is the stuff that needs to be fixed for myself to have a smooth and enjoyable experience.

In no particular order,

-Unable to claim anvil hawk, only claimable from home station.
-Unable to claim aegis eclipse, duplicated ship multiple times, with stock load out.
-Unable to claim vanguard harbinger, duplicated ship with not stock load out.
-Retrieved multiple ships on same pad stacked on top of each other.
-game crash at asop terminal
-logging out in ship bed, while ship on the ground, after log back in landing gear is up and ship laying on plant surface.
-ship blows away in the wind
-ships floating if returning to ship from death in another ship
-no death marker after death, unable to track ship
-ship being impounding for landing on a pad or hanger that you are marked to land on
-retrieving ship that is upside down on pad or stuck in the pad or over 20m from where it should be

-If ship hits another ship or object like asteroid, or ground, damaging or removing guns, or turret guns or mining attachments. The ship will be claimed without those guns.
-Unable to repair or restock eclipse, harbinger, after bounty missions. Entering inventory shows loading inventory bug.
-Repair and restock of harbinger, torpedos visually load into the floor of ship.
-Inventory at station that I repair and restock everus harbour, is being filled up by what I assume is a bug related to restock. After chaining 10 ERT bounty missions, inventory went from 4% to 30%, nothing new has been added to local inventory.

-Mining quantanium will show quant going in inventory but then switch to inert, still quant when refined

-hailing atc, will commence playing of audio for take off sequence before playing the correct landing sequence.
-hailing atc, will play the landing sequence but not actually give a landing marker.
-hailing atc, sometimes will do nothing

Inventory,
-infinite loading bug, bunker missions, cave missions, bounties, buying and selling from consoles, trying to stack items, everything seems to cause this to happen.
-can’t stack items in inventory
-Failed transactions buying and selling
-after character reset, inventory is filled with hadinite and dolovine ( from cave missions) I’ve repeated this 3 times. 2million worth. 10000units. It’s there every time I do a character reset.
-inventory filled with missiles and torpedos that I haven’t put in inventory, after character reset.
-local inventory over 100% (134%) nothing being added to inventory, repeatable. Have to character reset.
-backpacks being filled to random amounts with nothing in them.
-looted armor is unable to accept anything in its inventory until placed in ship or local

-if killed in a bunker mission you wake up at grim hex, because of crime stat, but not actually having a crime stat.
-randomly wake up in orison when its not your home station.
-Everus Harbor, wake up in medbay walk down the stairs and randomly die to unknown object or force.
-wake up in medbay, no flight suit infinite loading inventory, this puts up in a position forced to log out

-sold refined quantanium at area 18, 3million worth, did some bounty missions, log out log back in, money is gone from missions and from sold ore. ( lost all 3 million)
-sold fireworks at bajini station, 800k not added to balance, log out log back in, 1.6 million added to balance.
-do bounty mission, crash, log back in balance from doing missions reverted back losing hours of progress, and money.

-miles eckhart missions, accept first mission crash, mission lost can’t get mission appointment to come back. If crash after first mission, progress is persistent even after log out.
-idiris, guns do no fire, and ship bouncing of plant surface floundering around.

FPS mission, bunkers, caves, on foot
-Sometimes turrets shoot your ship sometimes they don’t.
-elevator going doing has graphical glitch when going down showing an extra elevator floor or ground.
-NPCs warp/lag when shooting,
-after completing mission, bunker will instantly respawn, with hostiles
-loot boxes despawn and spawn while in the bunker
-dead bodies despawn while looting
-dropping guns, fall through the floor, or glitch
-dropping armor box can sometimes send you through wall or ceiling, infinite falling through planet
-shooting all the bullets in a mag will initiate a reload animation but not actually reload the gun having to manually trigger the reload a second time
-NPC will shoot and kill you even though they should have died after being shot.
-looted guns, will lose scopes when looted
-can’t do more then 1 mission without relogging due to inventory infinite loading
-wind can knock you down, off ramps and kill you. Sometimes glitch you through objects.
-can’t eat or drink randomly
-medical beacon, says I’ve responded to my own beacon, beacon doesn’t pay person who accepted it, beacon still active after your revived.
-bumping into an NPC at a station can sometimes kill you or injure you

-Evict illegal occupants mission, there’s a spot on the climable section that causes you to float and can’t get out. Can’t drop armor due to no space on ground. Can’t loot because infinite loading bug

-big head, helmet bug (this can stay)

-quantum travel from a random location in space to location on planet will send you in quantum travel in random direction instead of set route. Have to cancel power to ship to stop.
-holding the engage quantum jump will do nothing have to cancel and spool up again.
-game crash when travelling to some stations mid jump

-altimeter doesn’t show correct altitude
-after switching ships or death, hud markers from last ship or mission stuck on hud.
-Blade and Scythe ships cockpit issue, when entering mobiglas, it is zoomed in and cutoff.
-comm screen constant hailing

Elevators! Come on!

Just seeing 'ship blows away in wind' as a casual entry will never stop being funny 😁

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
This is one hell of a list...

Just seeing 'ship blows away in wind' as a casual entry will never stop being funny 😁

This post has been moved to Feedback by Moderation

Well it's not that funny to anyone who paid for having the privilege to see that. The core game engine is still completely broken 10 years in development and shows absolutely zero sign of getting any better. CiG are doing the headless chicken run-around trying to distract backers from these fundamental issues but after a while you only see them. Cant find any motivation to go back in there and waste my time (and in-game money, probably, due to the vast amount of lethal bugs) with the current influx of very, very good games, or patches of S-tier ones like Dead Cells (want absolutely incredible developer support and exciting patch notes ? there you go). There's even another Bethesda game on the horizon and that Cyberpunk DLC, why should I waste my (relatively limited) free time on this nonsense ?

I find it incredibly comical that some think CIG's borked up 2013/2014 CryEngine branch is going to be sought after and sold to other developers so they can make amazing games from it. The current tech demo, I mean ALphA!, would leave any real developer laughing through tears at what this engine is doing after 10 years of development.

Top Bottom