HIP 22460 Permit Lock Initiated

That isn't new at all, practically every permanent surface POI (including other thargoid structures) has a visible glow as you're descending from orbit.

Yes, but do Thargoid structures? I don't think so.

In fact, in the Twitter thread linked, someone notes that they checked accessible Thargoid structures on other planets, and they did not glow. So something does seem to be different here, whether intentional or a glitch.

Pretty sure the glowing dot is meant to indicate signs of distant habitation and activity. "The lights are on", so to speak (I know deactivated surface settlements also glow, but I think that is an oversight tbh).

If this is an intended change, it must indicate something is happening, or work is being done, at the Thargoid site.

Last edited:
Can someone remind me how do we get permit for the Hip 22460 system? I see that i have it in my permit list, but i m forgetting, did i get it in the past (at some point in the past i grinded all permits in the game) or does everyone have it because of the community goal?

Can someone remind me how do we get permit for the Hip 22460 system? I see that i have it in my permit list, but i m forgetting, did i get it in the past (at some point in the past i grinded all permits in the game) or does everyone have it because of the community goal?
Listening beacon in past story event still did and did.give the permit...

Google gives
The Megaship Overlook is currently located in the Permit Locked HIP 22460 system. It has been attacked by Thargoids. You can obtain the HIP 22460 permit by scanning a Listening Post in Synuefe Gb-O c9-8, though it is recommended to follow the trail of Listening Posts from HIP 26176 to follow the storyline.

You didn't get it, it was opened by the mysterious race known only as "the developers". Then they realized that they did not intend for us little people, sometimes known as pawns in their great plan, to get down to the planet and start messing around with their stufz, hence the system was opened but the planet was then locked.

All I can say is that Microwave plan is bound to fail. Otherwise, the Thargoids would more or less vanish from the game and that is never gonna happen 🤷‍♂️

Instead, Thargoid ground troops may finally show up, and HIP 22460 may be a key part of that.

O7,
🙃

For being an important part of the narrative they sure overlooked a detail or two... (small detail but definitely noticed).

Curious to see where this all leads.View attachment 313016
Do not accuse FD of being lazy, inept, laid-back or even useless; this is simply a way of engaging the player base to come up with fitting names. I hereby humbly submit my suggestions:
  • Vail Of IzNoGood
  • Ship McShippy
  • BigusKikus

Do not accuse FD of being lazy, inept, laid-back or even useless; this is simply a way of engaging the player base to come up with fitting names. I hereby humbly submit my suggestions:
  • Vail Of IzNoGood
  • Ship McShippy
  • BigusKikus

I foresee an empire CG in the near future to name the ship based on votes carried out by trucking specific vote cargo to a location that differentiates your vote. Perhaps this is the never been done before new thing they hinted about.

Ship McShippy will win.

I foresee an empire CG in the near future to name the ship based on votes carried out by trucking specific vote cargo to a location that differentiates your vote. Perhaps this is the never been done before new thing they hinted about.

Ship McShippy will win.
Flaggy McFlagship surely

Your ship will exit from supercruise when approaching the planet and say "Exclusion zone reached" or something similar.
Even if you move forward, your distance won't increase at all!
The exclusion zone drop out of sc makes sense however the acceleration out of sc doesn't, instead of the magical wall Fdev could have been smarter and added some form of defense platform that if you get to close spawns infront and it blasts you into oblivion like the stations do for trespassing

The nameplate on the empire capital ship in HIP 22460 has been changed to "Experimental Majestic-Class Interdictor", it's a bit better than before but that's the value of the ship's description (seen when targeting it) rather than the ship name.

The nameplate on the empire capital ship in HIP 22460 has been changed to "Experimental Majestic-Class Interdictor", it's a bit better than before but that's the value of the ship's description (seen when targeting it) rather than the ship name.
Just shows how much the value their own "storytelling"

Top Bottom