Reset combat zone -> back to the station

Frontier Development Updates

Come on you've played ED enough to know they do LOOOVVVEEEE torturing us with BUGdates not "UP"Dates.

That's got to be a bug that cannot be intended surely?
BxBkqBq.png

Maybe intended to curb relogging?
Well, they failed, as it still works when you use your SRV.
You can use the ship as well, but you have to walk when you're done... as it still dismisses itself even if you cripple the thing. The SRV stays where you left it. (dont put it too close to the zone, as it might be wrecked by the enemy)

But the instant teleport back to the station is convenient when you reload on foot if you want to hand in your bonds. Contrary to what I mentioned yesterday, when you reload outside of your SRV and gets teleported back you essentially leave your SRV behind, but when I transferred my ship back to the station, the SRV was nicely tugged away in its belly, so "working as intended" I guess 🤷‍♂️

Back at the station in this case means, back at the last suitable station you docked at, even if its hundreds of lightyears away and you'll be in timeout for an hour while you're forced to transfer your ship from the planet to the station.

And that was instead of being sent to my fleet carrier in the same system as the CZ where I actually last docked.

:(

You can use the ship as well, but you have to walk when you're done... as it still dismisses itself even if you cripple the thing. The SRV stays where you left it. (dont put it too close to the zone, as it might be wrecked by the enemy)
Great catch! I made a quick vid, as proof of concept. The ground CZ resets itself after I re-embark my ship and relog.

Edit: You don't even need to recall your ship, just have to walk 500m away from the settlement.

Source: https://youtu.be/xVl94mDryVQ

Last edited:
Personally I don't mind this, if this is at all intentional. Normally I find a GCZ as close as possible to a Frontline Solutions station, so the round trip would be about 5-10 minutes at most. But if they really are going after this they should also go after every other possible case for relogging. Let's put some real grind back into it! :sneaky:

Top Bottom