Really? All that hype for nothing?(spoiler)

I sat watching D2EA yesterday and after the event he extrapolated the stars in the vid and was able to analyse the direction of travel for the three ships leaving the bright sentinel instance.

you asked What did we get? Well for a start they were heading for the bubble but more to the point sol is in their flightpath.

So grab your carriers because it looks like we get Battlestar Galactica .

Maybe humanity in its arrogance needs to run. 07

Jury is still out about that :) . I'm one of the few players at peace with the current solution, but I don't do the on-foot FPS stuff at all. I enjoy Odyssey mostly for exploring atmospheric planets, the only on-foot stuff is jogging through the hangar to go shopping or disembarking the ship or SRV to scan plants. And I do like most of the interface changes and the new planet generation.
Honestly, viewing planets in VR, watching alien sunsets, walking on alien worlds and being able to reach out and 'touch' things in the universe in VR would do a lot for me as far as getting me wanting to explore again.

I mean, yes, you can do some of that from the SRV, but, there's just something about being there 'on foot' in VR that speaks to me.

You didn't even read when it was due, did you?

There was a very nice article about the upcoming changes in the very recent past - it mentioned there when to expect 4.0, and it wasn't today.

Do I need to inform the keeper of the "Tome of Leavings™" to put it in ink rather than pencil?
Which suggested that consoles wouldn't be pretty much cut off just yet, that this might be our last big patch before "critical updates" only, but the patch was 95% Odyssey fixes and changes, that could easily and should have been added to the console versions...

They could have left us with a bumper patch with four to six new ships, the new SRV, some new weapons and gadgets, the Cobra IV for all and hopefully more to do out in the black.

With maybe, just maybe cross play included...

Of course they really should have released the full game and Odyssey for the "next gen" systems by now, while adding everything they could to the "last gen" consoles...

With cross play, at least PS5, Series X and PC 4.0 players could play together, with PS4, Xbox One and PC 3.8 players together!

As is, they're abandoning a large part of their community, who in particular don't want to play on PC and likely don't have PCs powerful enough to play Odyssey as it is! :O :D .

Frontier can still fix things, hopefully sooner rather than later! :_

Was it really? After all that about no VR anymore post-Odyssey? Damn, might have to dust my set off.
All the VR experience from Horizons is stillthere, but more if you want to use the
Eh?

I thought it was an U P D A T E rather than a P A T C H ?

As you suggest, the clue's in the name.
And what is an update for? To update the issues that users report to them after the last patch -= update. Unless it says DLC, there ain't no big extras. It's updating...patching the game. I give up.

Nah. I'll watch the video on youtube when you all figure it out. Not interested in doing something for nothing. And this "oooooh the Goids take the relic now woowwwww" "yea okay and what does that do?" "nothing.. we don't know we just know they take it"

Wow, riveting storytelling bruh. What content that is? :D

Is this you?
See? SEE. I rarely play games to SEE. I play games to DO. If I wanna see I'll watch a movie.

Quite impressed by the whole thing tbh and im not even playing atm, logged in to see the cutscene.
Cutscenes are definitely the way to go moving forward imo, a mixture of cutscenes, Galnet and the Thargoid setpeice thing.

The problem is once its done youre back to the same Odyssey thats just not brought enough substance.

Last edited:
I hope they've got something more up their sleeve and ready to go yesterday because this just feels like one of the worst possible outcomes for actual gameplay.

The weapon could have just failed and made the Thargoids angry to kick up activity, or it could have done nothing at all and we'd at least still have a very active AX system to play in if it weren't for the invalidation of Guardian tech that came with it. Hell we could have woken up the Guardian AI instead and had a three-way war. The outcome we got is more like they just turned off the fun spigot and made things boring again.

I hope they've got something more up their sleeve and ready to go yesterday because this just feels like one of the worst possible outcomes for actual gameplay.

The weapon could have just failed and made the Thargoids angry to kick up activity, or it could have done nothing at all and we'd at least still have a very active AX system to play in if it weren't for the invalidation of Guardian tech that came with it. Hell we could have woken up the Guardian AI instead and had a three-way war. The outcome we got is more like they just turned off the fun spigot and made things boring again.
Are the Thargoids immune to Guardian weapons now? I thought it just melted them if you were in HIP 22460? You can always repair the ones that got damaged and fight Thargoids outside HIP 22460 unless this has buffed all of them against Guardian weaponry?

Are the Thargoids immune to Guardian weapons now? I thought it just melted them if you were in HIP 22460? You can always repair the ones that got damaged and fight Thargoids outside HIP 22460 unless this has buffed all of them against Guardian weaponry?
That was quite specifically regarding the theme park of HIP 22460 now being closed for business.

What's wrong with a story that makes you run away with your tail between your legs, to work out how to effectively equip yourself before returning? There's actual threat to you now. You can't just waltz in with meta AX outfitting and blast away without risk.
I think we've seen this in ED everytime there's a thargoid related content. The thargoids story is going round and round. They're ultra-mega-powerful but still they don't attack humanity in our main systems and seem not to care too much about us until we attack them.
Make one step back and look this situation from a wider perspective. This war lacks of a main plot... there are only single events mostly unrelated between themselves.

Have you seen those new unknown relics yet?
What about the logs in HIP 22460

And the other Thargoid sites?

What about the Guardian sites?
Yamicks checked the Logs last night Nothing there. D2EA was not sure if the Unknown relics wern't in game before hand. I hightailed it out of there after 4 weeks of Goid fights.

I think we've seen this in ED everytime there's a thargoid related content. The thargoids story is going round and round. They're ultra-mega-powerful but still they don't attack humanity in our main systems and seem not to care too much about us until we attack them.
Make one step back and look this situation from a wider perspective. This war lacks of a main plot... there are only single events mostly unrelated between themselves.
The problem will always be that to make the Thargoids a relevant force you have to impose them on players, and FD...well....lack conviction in that regard. The Goids will always be an optional threat and unless that changes with 13 they will never be a concern.

Which suggested that consoles wouldn't be pretty much cut off just yet, that this might be our last big patch before "critical updates" only, but the patch was 95% Odyssey fixes and changes, that could easily and should have been added to the console versions...

They could have left us with a bumper patch with four to six new ships, the new SRV, some new weapons and gadgets, the Cobra IV for all and hopefully more to do out in the black.

With maybe, just maybe cross play included...

Of course they really should have released the full game and Odyssey for the "next gen" systems by now, while adding everything they could to the "last gen" consoles...

With cross play, at least PS5, Series X and PC 4.0 players could play together, with PS4, Xbox One and PC 3.8 players together!

As is, they're abandoning a large part of their community, who in particular don't want to play on PC and likely don't have PCs powerful enough to play Odyssey as it is! :O :D .

Frontier can still fix things, hopefully sooner rather than later! :_
Ah, so the effort Frontier went to to inform players on all platforms that the only forward path is to be on PC, and in particualar in the expansion (EDO) was for naught?

In the near future PC Horizons players will be able to play the 4.0 client and participate in some of the new narrative, while consoles will remain on 3.8, for as long as Frontier continue to support the old client, anyway.

No crossplay was ever mentioned, current generation consoles are not planned to be included - but this was all said in the past, I don't think it has changed since, and there has been no indication that it might.

All I know is I retreated to my carrier and there were no NHSS in the system any more. If Thargoids have disappeared from all systems except 22460 ... and you can't use Guardian weps in the only system where Thargoids are ... maybe Guardian weapons are effectively finito??

Anyone seen any NHSS outside HIP 22460?

Oh no my...

Checks notes

Guardian FSD booster.

How will I cope?

Hey can we get a wave to double the hull mass of the Anaconda next?
All this tells me is that you've never, at least seriously, fought thargoids. Guardian weapons are very useful for killing interceptors efficiently and a necessity for soloing anything tougher than a Basilisk variant interceptor.

Top Bottom