Really? All that hype for nothing?(spoiler)

Why even expect to go into a Thargoid infested system without a shutdown field neutralizer?

If you don’t have one the best way to deal with it is to have a fast ship and boost away with FAoff as soon as you get the warning about the shutdown field.
I have been out of the game for a long time, a very long time. I've no idea what a shutdown field neutralizer is. Guess I'll head back to the RIM.

Where is this supposed "change the galaxy?"
The proteus wave worked and then by plot armor didn't?
So...
Like...
When I said "nothing will happen"
I didn't actually... ya know... want nothing to happen.
How have the thargoids changed?
Nothing. They switched off and on again.
Has salvation saved mankind or doomed it?
Nothing. Thargoids still as mysterious as always.
Have we learned anything?!
Nope.
I wanted to be proven wrong. I wanted to log in and see the thargoids defeated and we get to salvage their tech. I worked hard to gather things in hope for having my own thargoid ship. Worked that cg hard. And my reward is? What? A dissapointing end.

So much hype... for nothing...
Horisons didn't even get 4.0
Oh but guardian sentinels now shoot their missles again.
That is nice. Nice bug fixes.
Nothing new. The game stagnates. The game rots. The game just recycles the same modules and engineering grind forever while the player numbers slowly dwindle after each stagnant dissapointment.
there is nothing new that you know, because if there is, the guardian modules are damaged, if you go out in empty space a thargoid ends up coming out to kill you, something will probably be hidden in the planets that are around, and even in some sign for those who have a lot courage to go, I have seen a signal of unknown level, or so the system said, so if there is content, another thing is that you see it

Where is this supposed "change the galaxy?"
I think nothing will ever change.
There will be plots and twists but eventually everything will stay "as is".
Or it least will lead us to more shaped galaxy in terms of final product.
Because imaging a new player who will join the game after a year after the events.

Great. Flew all the way out there, tried to see if there was any rescues I could do with an unarmed Orca, Thargies shut down my ship and blew it up. Nice FD, real nice. :rolleyes:
You're not missing much. The subtargets on the escape hatches don't work, so rescue gameplay doesn't work.

Actually the Overlook hatches work properly sometimes. But the newly destroyed megaships don't.

On a positive note, so far this one seems to be an unusually smooth update.

I'm a Horizons-only player and
  • I still have the decent performance I'm used to (120 to 300 fps @1080p Ultra everywhere)
  • I still have the beautiful, non-downgraded visual effects
  • server hiccups were more or less expected, but apart from those I haven't encountered any weird new bugs or resurrected old ones so far (although they don't seem to have fixed any bugs they intruduced in the last few updates, nor any ages old ones)
  • and as a bonus, my Guardian modules are still working. :)

I'm so utterly angry and saddened. I mean the higher you push the expectations the deeper the disappointment is.
So why did they push it so hard ("come to the system blabla") just to end up with a ing video??? Because they deem it soooo much better than a Galnet article only???
That's ###! They really can't manage communities.
I have no words to describe my disappointment.
At the very very, least they could have waited the game to come online and then show the ing video to all players in the system, not miraculously having everything happening during server downtime which arguably as such has nothing to do with the storyline. (edited)

No offense, but have you even been to the system? Especially the 10b Thargoid Site that Salvation used to fire his Proteus Device? There's plenty of stuff to see/experience in HIP 22460 at the moment.

See? SEE. I rarely play games to SEE. I play games to DO. If I wanna see I'll watch a movie.
Actually checking other places to check, how they behave is doing to.

Elite IMO never was good game for "I wan't DO, don't care story lore and exploration of any kind".

people asked for more narrative content, people got more narrative content.
for me, it´s not only a video, it´s a sign they are about to take a different approach to storytelling.
check your expectations, and next time when fdev hypes something, understand that they are a company.
not some buddy of yours talking about this new great thing.
you really expect them to say something like "we have this mildly interesting thing that most people won´t care about"?

I fed one to my cat and its now a Liger
1660064837856.png

Top Bottom