Notice A notice on ARX (17/09)

How about having modules for ARX, like a 100LY jump boost to explorer ships (pre-engineer) I would pay 54k ARX for that.
sorry for necro...
there was much discussion among the fans and the devs when the game was begun as to how servers would be funded.
it was agreed that instead of a monthly (would have been if not for...) there should be a cash shop, but that cash shop should never sell anything but cosmetic items.
the old guard made it so... there will be no pay to not play in this game.
but paint and dress your ship up if you love the game, thats how it floats along.

I hadn't purchased any ARX since the launch debacle. But now that Odyssey has found its footing, and the Thargoid story is moving along in a really interesting direction, I was happy to buy 5000 the other day for a skin or two. I intend to make a bigger purchase - probably the 16,800 package - so I can finally grab that retro spacesuit collection that looks really cool! If I can spend $20 on an Eve Online monthly sub, I can spend a similar amount to give my prefered space game some fuel to keep running the servers. :)

ive put a few bucks in to arx over time as well.
i try to make it around $10/100 hours i play.
after the initial purchase price (and i got it on sale thanks humble bundle!), by the time i hit 100 hours i figured id gotten my monies worth.
now that im at 2500+ hours, i know i have.
i dont mind supporting this game one bit... after all i love to play it, and want to continue.

I purchased them a couple of times before and then realized they were ripping me off so I stopped purchasing them. Charging Americans 30% more than anybody else for the exact same product for no apparent reason doesn't go over well with me.
are you sure they are charging you more, or are they maybe just factoring in currency exchange rates? id love to see the maths there...

I'm happy to buy some, for me I need something to buy
Gold or chrome carrier paint job
Some dark, chrome, gold or black weapon paint jobs, paint job across all weapons

are you sure they are charging you more, or are they maybe just factoring in currency exchange rates? id love to see the maths there...
Seriously?

Have you even looked at the exchange rates over, say, the last two years?

If you had, you'd know they're all about even now. As I type this, the dollar is worth more than the euro and the pound is about 11 cents more than the dollar. The prices should be very nearly the same. In fact, the EU should be getting less Arx than anybody as their currency is the least valuable right now, yet they still get 25% more than we do.

They simply rip off Americans because they figure they can. Nothing more.

Seriously?

Have you even looked at the exchange rates over, say, the last two years?

If you had, you'd know they're all about even now. As I type this, the dollar is worth more than the euro and the pound is about 11 cents more than the dollar. The prices should be very nearly the same. In fact, the EU should be getting less Arx than anybody as their currency is the least valuable right now, yet they still get 25% more than we do.

They simply rip off Americans because they figure they can. Nothing more.
If I'm not mistaken you could buy them in pounds and let paypal or your credit card company make the conversion.

If I'm not mistaken you could buy them in pounds and let paypal or your credit card company make the conversion.
Paypal? Are you kidding me?

They're about to get nuked. I stopped using them years ago because of their shady practices.

Yes, paypal isn't the best conversion, still it's convenient..
Not if they're ripping you off, they aren't. In fact, my bank won't even do business with them at all. They block any transaction you try to make through them. I'm sort of suprised that Visa and Mastercard still allow them to be used at this point.

Yes, paypal isn't the best conversion, still it's convenient..
PayPal have the lowest fees for Twitch payouts, although they did suspend my account for 3 days and make me wait an additional 3 days before they let me withdraw money from my business account recently...
They're also the best way to make big purchases as I find way too many online stores do not handle Strong Customer Authentication well and just fail the order instead of redirecting to your bank as they should, despite SCA being enforced for over a year now.

FWIW, I normally use paypal for my purchases, but each to their own.

I just wanted to point out that AFAIK you can buy ARX in pounds and let someone else do the conversion..

FWIW, I normally use paypal for my purchases, but each to their own.

I just wanted to point out that AFAIK you can buy ARX in pounds and let someone else do the conversion..
Or, and I'm just spit balling here, FDev could take 5 minutes and fix it and stop ripping off only one realm of their customers.

And here's the actual math done on what they should be charging.

r1521709-82eypz-enoi8ieogl.png

Notice the more you buy, the more you get ripped off. Based on the actual exchange rate, I got ripped off for about 22,000 Arx on what I bought before I found out I was getting ripped off.

cant you just click the currency thingy at the top and pay in euros or pounds ?
No.

It's region protected.

I still for the life of me can't figure out why everybody defends FDev on this. I have never seen this happen with any other online company, gaming or otherwise. It should be ON THEM to fix it, not me to try to find a work-around.

Top Bottom