Notice A notice on ARX (17/09)

The conversion rate of the actual prices between £44.99 and $59.99 is ~0.75. That was correct back in April, and is quite normal for a GBP/USD conversion.

Things aren't normal at the moment for sure.

But think of it this way - the £ presumably hasn't changed, the price the UK company charge in UK. Similarly the USD price hasn't dropped, it's stayed the same.

And even though the exchange rate has changed, why should the price US customers pay be dropping? Why would the price of Arx or any virtual product fall in price from your perspective?

To be clear I sell digital products in US and UK, and where automatic conversions happen due to exchange rates based off of my prices listed in £, my prices would appear to be falling to US customers for absolutely no reason. But my service isn't worth less than it was, to US buyers, just because of a conversion rate.

What fdev appear to be doing is keeping their prices at the levels they were when the original conversions were done. Which is sensible. Otherwise, your price point fluctuates constantly and is pretty idiotic.

No.

It's region protected.

I still for the life of me can't figure out why everybody defends FDev on this. I have never seen this happen with any other online company, gaming or otherwise. It should be ON THEM to fix it, not me to try to find a work-around.
I see it happen quite often that GBP prices are unreasonably more expensive than USD. In fact I’m just impressed it happened the other way around for once.

No.

It's region protected.

I still for the life of me can't figure out why everybody defends FDev on this. I have never seen this happen with any other online company, gaming or otherwise. It should be ON THEM to fix it, not me to try to find a work-around.
fix what? participation is voluntary. dont like the terms they are selling to you? dont participate. vote with your dollar.
everyone else is, and while you may not like their vote they dont care either.

No.

It's region protected.

I don't even know what you are talking about. Conversion rates change all the time, what exactly is it you want them to fix? World wide economy?

wow.... your shoe is on the other foot today. usually it is you jeering at other players for whining whilst you defend FD to the hilt. seems to me you can take your own medicine.... pay the price or dont pay the price, the choice is yours.
There is nothing to fix, from FDs POV it is working as intended....... i think that is roughly what you said the other day.

PS usually it is the uk getting ripped off on the $ conversion rate, it makes a change for it to be the other way around. (I wish the £ was not in the toilet btw, the $ is strong at the moment you should be happy)

Last edited:
And here's the actual math done on what they should be charging.

View attachment 326864

Notice the more you buy, the more you get ripped off. Based on the actual exchange rate, I got ripped off for about 22,000 Arx on what I bought before I found out I was getting ripped off.
On May 28th 2021 £1 was $1.42. So the 85.000 Arx pack should've been $63,89. Did you transfer the missing $3,9 to their bank account?

No.

It's region protected.
The ARX store isn't region protected. I'm in the UK, so normally purchase using GBP:
mSbZkfq.png

I'm surprised you find this a problem. Because of the ongoing currency fluctuations, you could exchange your USD funds to GBP/EUR and get more value for your money.

I did that when the Lifetime Expansion Pass was available for purchase back in August 2015: the store still accepted Rubles at that time and that particular currency had just tanked ~25%; I took advantage and bought my LEP in Rubles via Paypal, and therefore saved ~22% (after fees).

If a store isn't fully up-to-date with currency exchange rates, I take advantage. The benefits of an international world and online ordering :)

Alternatively, one could be a karen i guess but I've never seen the appeal of that.

The ARX store isn't region protected. I'm in the UK, so normally purchase using GBP:
mSbZkfq.png

I'm surprised you find this a problem. Because of the ongoing currency fluctuations, you could exchange your USD funds to GBP/EUR and get more value for your money.

I did that when the Lifetime Expansion Pass was available for purchase back in August 2015: the store still accepted Rubles at that time and that particular currency had just tanked ~25%; I took advantage and bought my LEP in Rubles via Paypal, and therefore saved ~22% (after fees).

If a store isn't fully up-to-date with currency exchange rates, I take advantage. The benefits of an international world and online ordering :)

Alternatively, one could be a karen i guess but I've never seen the appeal of that.
It doesn't work that way.

No credit card company will allow me to check out from the U.S. to another nation using any other currency than U.S. Dollars. If they do not offer a U.S. Dollars store, I can not purchase from that company.

That is why most companies all offer the option to check out in different currencies to begin with.

Again, no other internet entity I've ever dealt with has this issue. This is the first time I've ever encountered it. It's not me and everybody else with the issue. It's just FDev.

Last edited:
usually it is you jeering at other players for whining whilst you defend FD to the hilt.
When it comes to nonsensical arguments, yes.

When it comes to literally being charged more money for the same exact product, no. I've also been vocal about the dozens of other issues the game has: Lack of any real AA, the star map STILL doesn't work, the "align with escape vector" error on super cruise, the odd lagging over and over again, and lots of other little bugs.

Again, this is perfectly normal and I am surprised you only found out now.

Cyberpunk costs £49,99 on Steam.
With a conversion rate of 1.11 it should cost $55,49. But the actual price is $59,99.

🤷‍♂️
you should mention the cost of it in places like Argentina....... that will get his blood boiling :ROFLMAO:

The bottom line which i think you mentioned, our economy is broken at the moment, the £ is in the toilet...... when the £ was doing well (seems a life time ago now) the price in dollars was incredible value, much better than what we got in the UK, but no one from the US was complaining then.

maybe one day the £ will recover and it will go back to normal again

Cyberpunk costs £49,99 on Steam.
With a conversion rate of 1.11 it should cost $55,49. But the actual price is $59,99.
It should actually be $55.47.

Cyberpunk 2077 isn't available on Steam here. It was removed from the store some time ago:

cyberpunk-2077-not-sold-on-steam.png

However, I can get it just about anywhere else for around half that:

cyberpunk-on-sale-cheap.png

Again, what you are seeing in the UK and Europe has absolutely NOTHING to do with the United States market. They are run differently.

Top Bottom