Has anyone gone to Colonia, just for the shield cell upgrade?

Well, I made it. I am now landed in Colonia! Yay.

Welcome to Colonia! :) I suggest you rest and stay awhile, it is actually quite a cool place. Everything is around the corner, there are plenty of ships for sale, four engineers can take care of tons of stuff and you can buy a fair few 'special' modules here as well (guardian stuff, enhanced thrusters etc).

Is there anywhere I can read up on what's here, e.g. The special modules?
I wanted to upgrade my Annie, from its stripped down state, to something more powerful, but most modules here seem to be the smaller ones.

Is there anywhere I can read up on what's here, e.g. The special modules?
I wanted to upgrade my Annie, from its stripped down state, to something more powerful, but most modules here seem to be the smaller ones.
https://cdb.sotl.org.uk/outfitting/current is what we have in stock at the moment - you'll have to make do with some B- and C- rated modules.

A relatively small number of stations have the bigger modules in decent ratings:
- Colonia Dream (Ratraii)
- Whirling Station (Ogmar)
- Colonia Hub (Colonia)
- Robardin Rock (Carcosa)
- Tolagarf's Junkyard (Kojeara)
Jaques Station has a Guardian Tech Broker if you have any of those unlocked, or Bolden's Enterprise in Tir for the Human Tech Broker, and Mel Brandon as a drives engineer sells Enhanced Performance Thrusters. Material traders are in Ratraii, Kojeara and Coeus if you need them.

Also, if you want to travel back by respawning, there is no need to transfer your ship back. Take out your engineered modules, ships those and sell the rest.

A basic travel Anaconda, https://s.orbis.zone/37vp, achieves 73 LY with only sensors and FSD engineered. And those cost about 25 mil to ship back, plus the 14 mil loss from selling the hull.

https://cdb.sotl.org.uk/outfitting/current is what we have in stock at the moment - you'll have to make do with some B- and C- rated modules.

A relatively small number of stations have the bigger modules in decent ratings:
  • Colonia Dream (Ratraii)
  • Whirling Station (Ogmar)
  • Colonia Hub (Colonia)
  • Robardin Rock (Carcosa)
  • Tolagarf's Junkyard (Kojeara)
Jaques Station has a Guardian Tech Broker if you have any of those unlocked, or Bolden's Enterprise in Tir for the Human Tech Broker, and Mel Brandon as a drives engineer sells Enhanced Performance Thrusters. Material traders are in Ratraii, Kojeara and Coeus if you need them.

Thank you very much for your time and help, it was very useful.

I have unlocked and pinned the two blueprints I really wanted, (shield cells and life support).
I am now going to unlock the other engineers, and pin their blueprints.
Then I am going to do my bit to help the brotherhood by doing as many upgrades as I can, in order to increase the available grades for everyone else. (Including me)

73 and change

i did it in my krait which wasn't stripped in 116 once too...that one had an srv and even shields amd repair limpets!

to be fair....it was 72/116 PLANNED jumps. I did have to make a couple of extra ones for fuel here and there but for the most part I was able to refuel in the same system as the neutron star.

I can imagine more fun stuff to do than sit in front of Computer 3 days straight and press same Buttons over and over and listen to same sounds and watch same screen over and over.

Top Bottom