If you could make one change to E:D

Death. I have a real issue with death.

I want to fight, but I don't actually want to necessarily kill (don't ask why, no idea) - if opposing pilots would eject upon ship destruction, bounty hunting 'dead-or-alive' could be a thing - I could get my Boba Fett on and collect their escape pod to return (pods being already in game). The sadists among you can vindictively shoot the helpless pod, and so assassination can still be a thing.

But there's already no death in the game as it is...

Pilots do eject, they just are magically teleported to a station with rebought ship (or starter sidey) instead of into a pod that floats around.

As far as the pods, gankers would probably just try to collect as many as possible and never release them.

What wld it be?
Why would you change it?
And how would you change it?

Theres so much potential to the game, i cant even decide what i'd change.. maybe i'll post it later! Really curious on your takes!

I would like the option to choose which ship I spawn in when I boot up the game OR have multiple commanders who could share ships.

This way I could join friends in ad hoc multiplayer without having to fly 800ly first.

Every time this comes up I ask for the same thing - that the "Slow Down" warning appears while there is still time to slow down. It's not much to ask.
It's not a warning, it's a notification. The ship's computer is not telling you to slow down, it tells you you are experiencing a slow down through gravitational or navigational circumstances. It makes no statement on your estimated arrival at the target or your inability to slow down to drop out velocity. That's what's confusing most people when they see it.

Those things sound perfect to roll together into a proper military system where you can target other superpowers with negative state effects and reap both the rewards and consequences of your allegiance choice.

thanks, i understand far better now. i lack experience and insight into the bgs to have a strong opinion on this, though.

It's not a warning, it's a notification. The ship's computer is not telling you to slow down, it tells you you are experiencing a slow down through gravitational or navigational circumstances. It makes no statement on your estimated arrival at the target or your inability to slow down to drop out velocity. That's what's confusing most people when they see it.

You can get the slow down message while accelerating. Proper label would be "too late for brakes, time to spiral".

In fact you get the message while accelerating around wells that are not even around your destination.

Either.

1) Getting rid of Witchspace and allow ultra-high C interstellar Supercruise at tens of thousands of Cs

or

2) Enable all FSDs to use all their fuel for jumps, rather than limiting it to a certain tonnage. So stupid.

or

3) Allowing us to choose which star to jump to in a binary/trinary/quaternary system.
So I don't have to jump in at freakin' A and SC to B or C, 100000Ls away. Borrrrrinnnnnggg......
Number 2 would be a big win!
Number 3 would be super convenience.
Either would be fine with me.

Once one of your pilots ranks beyond something mid range they no longer die, has an escape pod that arrives at and has to be obtained for a moderate fee from the nearest
starport infirmary or whatever.

Ideally...

An anti-cheat and anti-botting solution that works. Or at least has significant effort put into it.

Since, however, this may be well above their capability, I will be very satisfied with a Galnet news and future lore that acknowledges the state of the human populated galaxy as in the data sheets in my sig.

More clutter in the game:
wreckage in asteroid belts​
more variety in asteroid size​
more ship styles​
more crashed ships​
POI and bases sometimes close together​
NPC humans in stations​
derelict bases/stations​
the odd lost explorer wreckage​
comets, planetoids, debris fields​
polluted worlds​

Just more "stuff" around the place would be nice..

Top Bottom