Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

I read that as "toad balancing". They probably don't understand that either 🤓

1475430767-0.jpg

Balancing and stacking toads is a harder business than getting an AI entity to not stand and t-pose on a chair by the simple expedient of removing said AI entity from the game completely - yet here we see it amply demonstrated and perfectly executed at even this early stage of development.

Bit off topic but if you've not played Star Conflict it is a space ship MMO that is heavily PvP based with actual flight mechanics and strategy.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ31bFSCnvI

It is free to play, pay to win, much like SC. You (can) buy ships, lots and lots of ships, or earn pleb versions of those same ships very very slowly. Don't give them money. Or buy Star Conflict ships.

Last edited:
Bit off topic but if you've not played Star Conflict it is a space ship MMO that is heavily PvP based with actual flight mechanics and strategy.

It is free to play, pay to win, much like SC. You (can) buy ships, lots and lots of ships, or earn pleb versions of those same ships very very slowly. Don't give them money. Or buy Star Conflict ships.

3rd person doesnt do it for me. One of my disappointments with Dual Universe. Will see where Dual Universe ends up though, still early for it.

Tried it twice I think. I am not unfamiliar with grinding and farming, did so in lots of MMOs but the grinding in Star Conflict kills my soul. Its so extreme and the pay-ff so small that it feels like actual work for next to no gain. P2W kills a game and the PvP aspect, actually the driving force in the game is of no concern to me. This game could be so great but the company decisions killed it for me.

Known Issues
  1. Character will occasionally die in certain locations in the universe (We recommend staying away from PO as this happens constantly leading to landing pads)
  2. No charges are given to a player that rams and destroys another ship with players
  3. Pilot of a ship containing a passenger will be charged with Negligent Homicide if their ship is rammed and destroyed by another player
  4. Players are not able to search for friends on the main menu
  5. Character will occasionally slip and fall running down stairs at Lorville's city gate entrance
  6. Players can't access Hangars via New Babbage spaceport elevators (We recommend avoiding New Babbage for this build)
  7. Some ships do not register damage consistently and can appear indestructible

Lovely!

Top Bottom