Patch Notes Update 1.4.01 update

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Assuming you are not being facetious, Background Simulation.

EDIT: I thought I saw a swift movement in the corner of my eye as I typed that.

One does not simply "see" a ninja:

[video=youtube;WtR2m20C2YM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtR2m20C2YM[/video]

If you are seeing that issue and your have a AMD card it is a driver issue that is on their roadmap to be fixed or at least it appears that way.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

Known Issues:
◾[77970] Ashes of the Singularity™ may crash on some AMD 300 series GPUs
◾[59528] Core clock fluctuations may be experienced when FreeSync™ and FRTC are both enabled on some AMD CrossFire™ systems
◾[58233] Ashes of the Singularity™ may fail to launch on some GPUs with 2GB Video Memory. AMD continues to work with Stardock to resolve the issue. In the meantime, deleting the game config file helps resolve the issue
◾[77255] The secondary display adapter is missing in the Device Manager and the AMD Catalyst™ Control Center after installing the driver on a Microsoft® Windows® 8.1 system
◾[59475] Elite: Dangerous - poor performance may be experienced in SuperCruise mode
◾[59792] A black screen may be encountered on bootup on Windows® 10 systems. The system will ultimately continue to the Windows login screen

Is there any ETA on that? Any way to find out more or put more pressure on AMD or see where there at or anything? :mad: I currently have this problem on Win 10 x64 Pro an can't roll back to v14 because of other games. It's really sucky. :(

Here's a question for the devs, and maybe management: is there a crunch culture at FD? It would be nice to know that my game is made for me by happy, rested, organic free range developers who go home to their families at 6pm most days, secure in the knowledge that if a feature doesn't make the cut in time, it can come out in the next major update instead.

Selling a game with these "organic produce" credentials could resonate with many consumers, not just the ones with significant others of their own.

Does this mean we can escape interdictions now Santa. I hope so, because I don't like being shot in the ass.

Here's a question for the devs, and maybe management: is there a crunch culture at FD? It would be nice to know that my game is made for me by happy, rested, organic free range developers who go home to their families at 6pm most days, secure in the knowledge that if a feature doesn't make the cut in time, it can come out in the next major update instead.

Selling a game with these "organic produce" credentials could resonate with many consumers, not just the ones with significant others of their own.

Reading between the lines my inference is that it's a labour of love and the FD staff find it really hard to only be awesome 9 to 5.

But caged devs have more meat.

I hope that's not hidden swearing there, Ben! After all, '' is quite commonly used on the internet as the abbreviation for something else :p

Eeeek! Nope not at all. People are always crocheting me because I cant type or spell. Off to edit it. Ooops!

• Fix for Federal Assault Ship and Gunship Ranks
I thought this had been fixed already????

If it hasn't already been fixed, what *should* the rank requirements be for the FAS, 'coz right now I'm doing Fed missions like a crazy Fed-mission-doer to bump my rank to Chief Petty Officer.

Edit to add:

Forgot to say: other than that, all looks good and looking forward to the patch. :)

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom