1st 3 days trading with my Fleet Carrier. 1.6 Billion profit

Maybe just me but I don’t just haul A to B when doing AB hauling sessions. I take some source missions and/or couple low ton delivery missions. This will generate (4) named enemy NPCs, per mission - one at a time till dead or mission turned in. But each mission has different set, so if I take half dozen missions, I will have chasing me at 6 at one time, and in many interdictions 3-6 all drop in at same time.

makes the hauling lively and not the zero interaction that some have described. Even hauling with no missions will spawn random pirates since Fdev seems to code in an automatic detection of 1 unit of biowaste or better = pirate npcs.

i run an armed trade cutter or anaconda - never evade, just allow the interdiction and have fun plus extra credits for killing the NPCs sent after me. Unlike pure random npcs that spawn whenever carrying any cargo, these mission generated NPCs are my combat rank or higher, and almost always in anacondas, fdls, t10, etc.

i don’t think ppl commenting hauling is boring with nothing happening but going back and forth between A-B has ever done much hauling or they’d know this.

It seems you are confused here. The AB trading people discuss here isn't about missions, but about tritium trading. As you can read in the OP, there is virtually zero interdiction happening in dozens or hundreds of runs. Your story is yet another example of why this is broken: AB missions earn far less, but indeed are more challenging and demand more skill. If you'd make a list of the most challenging activities and how much they earn, you'll find an almost perfect inverse correlation. The technical term for that in game design theory is 'no bueno'.

It seems you are confused here. The AB trading people discuss here isn't about missions, but about tritium trading. As you can read in the OP, there is virtually zero interdiction happening in dozens or hundreds of runs. Your story is yet another example of why this is broken: AB missions earn far less, but indeed are more challenging and demand more skill. If you'd make a list of the most challenging activities and how much they earn, you'll find an almost perfect inverse correlation. The technical term for that in game design theory is 'no bueno'.

Fdev rule 101 , fun work cant pay well, or no one will do the boring work. Galaxy economy will collapse.

That is a very subjective assessment. Challenging to one person may well be completely the reverse to someone else.

Can you point me to all the people who can easily take out Thargoid Hydras but struggle with triple hotspot mining or AB Tritium trading? I can think of literally none.

To which end I have all the credits I need for now (purely subjective) and can now return to my mission running for my BGS and continue to collect mats from interdictions (I welcome having 16 ships after me ,my combat ships re-enter the systems and clear the way for my low shield but agile traders) Since I got my FC Im free to do as I please (just out 1500ly collecting high grade raws at the moment ,just two more to go and I will be full although Polonium seems to think 100 is full?) .

In the last 3 weeks (on paper) Ive earnt about 200m as oposed to the 7 B in the previous month happy days and I wont go back for credits till there is some reason , ships and engineering is my hobby right now that and collecting interesting commodities for later trade.

Im mostly in open regularly link up with others on PS4 and look forward to my continued improvement as an Anarchic Freedom Fighter grinding the bones of the Tyrants all around me

Long Live Crom

Last edited:
Can you point me to all the people who can easily take out Thargoid Hydras but struggle with triple hotspot mining or AB Tritium trading? I can think of literally none.

I do Thargoids easy peasy, I subcontract to that FC one bitsnbobbleheads guy, he kills them for me and collects the hearts, then I buy them off him. Only materials that cant be solved with money. Now we have FC Fdev need to allow the trading and farming of materials, for the rich to purchase.

not confused at all - I was replying to your inaccurate statement

Yes, I know there is a group of players for whom flying 124 straight-line AB routes with zero events is riveting excitement...

Even if all you do is haul cargo point A to B, zero missions, it is impossible to fly 100+ missions without dozens and dozens of interdictions. You claimed “zero events” - this is clearly disingenuous at best and easily proven false. Carrying any cargo other than limpets, even in solo and safe from pvp players, will generate NPC pirate interdictions.

One run free from hassle, sure. A few, possible again. But over any consistent period, lots of interdictions even with no mission generated spawns.

Your point was essentially saying how boring and “zero events” hauling cargo is. My reply stands - you either don’t know how cargo generated spawns work, or more likely perfectly well know but conveniently ignore it to make your exaggerated hyperbole work.

not confused at all - I was replying to your inaccurate statement

Even if all you do is haul cargo point A to B, zero missions, it is impossible to fly 100+ missions without dozens and dozens of interdictions. You claimed “zero events” - this is clearly disingenuous at best and easily proven false. Carrying any cargo other than limpets, even in solo and safe from pvp players, will generate NPC pirate interdictions.

One run free from hassle, sure. A few, possible again. But over any consistent period, lots of interdictions even with no mission generated spawns.

Your point was essentially saying how boring and “zero events” hauling cargo is. My reply stands - you either don’t know how cargo generated spawns work, or more likely perfectly well know but conveniently ignore it to make your exaggerated hyperbole work.

In fairness what IAN is talking about is probably something you don't understand, trading with a Fleet Carrier. Yep you do get NPC pirate intradiction attempts when you have cargo in your ships hold, but...…...…..and this is a huge but ……......you will only actually get an intradiction lock maybe once every 20-30 runs.

Why? Fleet Carriers allow you to "park" on a Stations moon, or planet, orbit. So you travel distance is at worst 0.25LS , but often under 20Mm. This means your actual flight time in Supercruise is often under 60 seconds, in fact often under 30 seconds, and can be as short as 10-15 seconds.

So what happens is NPC pirate events happen probably 80% of the time, but they all end the same way, the Pirate "appears" having followed your low wake, 5-10 seconds after you have low waked yourself, and you are already very close or into the "7.5km Safe Zone" of the Station or Fleet carrier, with cops everywhere.

So what then happens 90% of the time, the Pirate immediately gives up, turns tail and runs back into Hyperspace with a FSD. The other 10% of the time they shoot at you and the Station or FC guns and police nerf them as they keep firing as you cross into the safe zone, idiots.

This is why we say Tritium Hauling is ultra safe, "0" PVP Ganks / Pirates, and only 1 in 20-30 flights ends up with a NPC intradiction lock, usually because you let your mind wander and missed the seven second rule giving the NPC Pirate extra time.

Over 3000 transfers now this past month, not lost 1 ton or cargo to any Pirate, PVP or PVE.

Last edited:
So?

Now ask the several pilots how they find fighting a thargoid on a scale of 1-10, 10 being hard. You'll get a spread of answers. Likewise ask a number of pilots if they find mining or trading or BGS manipulation or missions to be challenging or not and you'll get a spread of answers. As I said, subjective.

What you seems to be referring to, correct me if I am wrong is the relative scale between two different tasks. I still think you are going to get a range of answers. Some like the one you specified, will come out with answers that end up mostly at one end of the scale to the other. For others, well challenging is subjective.

Or are you confusing challenging with difficulty? The two are not the same.

In fairness what IAN is talking about is probably something you don't understand, trading with a Fleet Carrier. Yep you do get NPC pirate intradiction attempts when you have cargo in your ships hold, but...…...…..and this is a huge but ……......you will only actually get an intradiction lock maybe once every 20-30 runs.

Why? Fleet Carriers allow you to "park" on a Stations moon, or planet, orbit. So you travel distance is at worst 0.25LS , but often under 20Mm. This means your actual flight time in Supercruise is often under 60 seconds, in fact often under 30 seconds, and can be as short as 10-15 seconds.

So what happens is NPC pirate events happen probably 80% of the time, but they all end the same way, the Pirate "appears" having followed your low wake, 5-10 seconds after you have low waked yourself, and you are already very close or into the "7.5km Safe Zone" of the Station or Fleet carrier, with cops everywhere.

So what then happens 90% of the time, the Pirate immediately gives up, turns tail and runs back into Hyperspace with a FSD. The other 10% of the time they shoot at you and the Station or FC guns and police nerf them as they keep firing as you cross into the safe zone, idiots.

This is why we say Tritium Hauling is ultra safe, "0" PVP Ganks / Pirates, and only 1 in 20-30 flights ends up with a NPC intradiction lock, usually because you let your mind wander and missed the seven second rule giving the NPC Pirate extra time.

Over 3000 transfers now this past month, not lost 1 ton or cargo to any Pirate, PVP or PVE.

True, and I think it's better to call these more like shuttle runs than AB hauling - however, everyone who has played ED enough time knows what AB hauling generally is - a route between two departure-arrival points with 1 or more jumps between, and Ian's statement was in the general, not specific to short local runs all in 1 system of supercruise from station to FC.

And this wouldn't cover all tritium trading as many times the best buy/sell deal is a standard AB run between station in one system to FC several jumps or more away.

Ian's post from which I quoted in reply makes no mention of specifically only calling tritium runs between a local station to local FC as what he referred to as zero events. He spoke in general terms and used the at best exaggerated hyperbole example of 124 runs with zero events with the connotation of general AB hauling. If he had said something like 'intra-system tritium or other cargo hauling from local station to local FC has minimal interdictions like regular hauling' then I'd have had zero issues with it and not replied.

You're free to interpret his statement your way, I just take it as he wrote.

Top Bottom