2.3 Beta Release News (27th Feb)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I think this is a little unfair. We post this information with a heavy heart. We are working very hard to get things ready for the beta test period. I understand you may be disappointed... but I'm always going to keep you updated with information when it's available.
You guys could cure cancer and some would be upset

As annoying as this delay is, I'd rather see them do things right than throw something out that is just plain not going to work or has some sort of major game-breaking issue. My only real criticism is maybe telling us a little sooner in the day. Not always possible, of course. But something to consider *if* at all possible. =)

Cheers, FDev.

So the Beta's a little late. So Update 2.3 is a little late. Boo, hoo, cry me a river.
Integrating changes in existing code must be incredibly difficult and we non-dev types cannot hope to comprehend how complex a task that is.

At least we have a working game. It's not like we were promised the earth itself and have been continually let down with missed launch dates and are still waiting 4 years for a working game, after parting with a shed-load of cash, that might never appear.
Ringing any bells?

People should know when they are well off.

Last edited:
Yeah man, we are talking about a beta with some real core changes (network stuff) here, and not about a product being released to a store. What a small mind must one have to compare a beta release of a software to a major release of a final product to the market? This is really stupid, dude.

The small mind is the one that doesn't see that both Apple and Frontier are businesses and both require to manage the expectation of their customers.

Last edited:
Seems more logical thay "hey guys, its reay to rock - but hey lets do it tomorrow .... pizza anyone?"

or

Hey Star Citizen are always late - let show the world we are just like them!

Its a beta reelase, you hold a beta release up becase the product is not ready foe beta. This tends to be a show stopping problem, that can be recreated (or not) where devs are scratching their heads to figure where in the code it is going wrong.

Serioulsy at this rate they are going to say sometime between (1 month period) - I mean what is it for Frontier to actually communicate with this community?

Simon

Telling us they aren't ready yet is communicating. We don't need to know why.
They are a business. They have the right to control the release of info for business reasons.

This week at the latest, tomorrow is my guess.
Relax gentle fellow CMDRs.

The small mind is the one that doesn't see that both Apple and Frontier are businesses and both require to manage the expectation of their customers.

This is the only real criticism I've had of FDev. They have been weak when managing our expectations from the vertical slice to the scope of Horizons. It seems they are constantly at odds with what people expect, rightly or wrongly.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom