Patch Notes Update 2.3 The Commanders - Changelog

Well ... it seems they've allocated a point number for it which is a promising start! :p

That is nice to see. But some kind of official post from Ed or someone over there about the issues over the long weekend would have gone a long way for a lot of people.

This lying low in the face of some well justified criticism harkens back to the No Man's Sky debacle and the deafening silence from Hello Games.

- - - Updated - - -

It's been Easter dude no-one would of been in the office

How much longer are we going to be seeing this pathetic EXCUSE being used to justify and defend the indefensible?

There was a four day bank holiday in the UK. Yeah! We all get that!

That doesn't change the fact that when you release a major update to YOUR PRODUCT that has a good number of instabilities and bugs still in it, you don't give the entire staff four days off and hope for the best!

Maybe that's the way things are done back there in the UK, but pretty much everywhere else on the planet tends to take these things a little more seriously, and plans for the worst with an ALL HANDS ON DECK approach.

If that was too much to ask on a four day holiday, then they should have held off the release of 2.3 until this week like 99.9% of those Beta Testing this mess was saying for a week before the launch!

Last edited:

If that was too much to ask on a four day holiday, then they should have held off the release of 2.3 until this week like 99.9% of those Beta Testing this mess was saying for a week before the launch!

It was BECAUSE it was a holiday weekend they released it. That means the players can spend the holiday gaming. They get lots of new players that way too my hype of the new version. From a business perspective it made perfect sense. I doubt they knew the bugs would be so bad, those would have been caught before release, and generally the bugs are less.... big, and can wait a holiday weekend.
I would expected things to have been commented on and addressed by yesterday however.

I don't read anywhere on this extensive list where you will improve on the Adjudication and Matchmaker server issues many of us face now while trying hard to play.

It was BECAUSE it was a holiday weekend they released it. That means the players can spend the holiday gaming. They get lots of new players that way too my hype of the new version. From a business perspective it made perfect sense. I doubt they knew the bugs would be so bad, those would have been caught before release, and generally the bugs are less.... big, and can wait a holiday weekend.
I would expected things to have been commented on and addressed by yesterday however.

Normally I would agree that this makes sense, but in this case, they were told by the early access players just how serious the issues were. They knew. Instead of a long weekend for the players to enjoy playing the game, it was a mess with a whole bunch of players unable to play at all, and there was nobody around to fix it...and here we are, a week and a half later, no word at all from the devs, and game breaking bugs that have existed for two months.

Last edited:
Time for this to be fixed. I for one am not going into the "woo great work. thank you FD", mode when its done, they broke a working game, they should just get on and fix it, no fanfare from us. I mean would you go woo hoo to the maniac mechanic that broke your working car and then fixed it after a week. When he bothered to get around to it.
We are customers. you broke the game we paid for. We need posted updates. Like now.

Update:
rejoice they had time to add a winters decal to the powerpay pack in the store. Free yes but totally unimportant as things go.

My response is likely to be something along the lines...About damned time. Is it really fixed, or did you break a whole bunch of other crap in the process?

rejoice they had time to add a winters decal to the powerpay pack in the store. Free yes but totally unimportant as things go.

The people who add this stuff to the store are a totally different set of people than the ones who are able to fix the bugs that currently plague the 2.3 release. You don't expect the guy who paints your house to be able to fix your dodgy electrical wiring, do you?

Last edited:
The people who add this stuff to the store are a totally different set of people than the ones who are able to fix the bugs that currently plague the 2.3 release. You don't expect the guy who paints your house to be able to fix your dodgy electrical wiring, do you?

No of course not. But given the level of discourse over the past week, you have to admit its a bit on the nose.

Is there a hotfix/patch due for the 2.3 update? I read a cryptic post from a Frontier person referencing a 2.3.01 or something, but scant in any real substance. If there is a fix coming, does anyone know about it and when it's expected?

No of course not. But given the level of discourse over the past week, you have to admit its a bit on the nose.

I'd rather have them work on the patch a bit longer and ensuring that the bugs are actually fixed and no even worse bugs are introduced, then having them rush out a patch which doesn't fix enough of the bugs.

Personally I think they should have pushed out a beta 6 last week and postponed the release of 2.3 by one or two weeks, but I guess this way you ensure that everybody can beta test this release!
And I remember the people clamoring for the end of beta and the release of 2.3 for weeks, so now they have had their way, maybe next time they'll give the beta process some more time!

to be honest with the state of my wiring, i sometimes wonder if that is EXACTLY what happened ;)

I'd rather have them work on the patch a bit longer and ensuring that the bugs are actually fixed and no even worse bugs are introduced, then having them rush out a patch which doesn't fix enough of the bugs.

Personally I think they should have pushed out a beta 6 last week and postponed the release of 2.3 by one or two weeks, but I guess this way you ensure that everybody can beta test this release!
And I remember the people clamoring for the end of beta and the release of 2.3 for weeks, so now they have had their way, maybe next time they'll give the beta process some more time!

Yeah I don't think anyone is legitimately asking for a patch to be released right this very second. It's more that we don't even know if anything is even being worked on to repair it. The only contact we've had with Frontier basically said "yeah... Be careful?" and then we got a sticker.
I mean, its probably safe to assume there will be a patch, there always is. But given the legnth of Beta, the lack of ANY QA and the bugs that persisted through the entire Beta into the live build people are just really really exasperated at the fact that three years after the initial release, we're still doing this dance. Many of us long time testers and supporter are getting really quite tired of it.

I give FD all the goodwill in the world and appreciate complex things take time, but at this point I really think an announcement would be appropriate, even if just to say something is coming to fix the bugs, please be patient etc - your entire body disappears during jumps for lord's sake!

It really is a poor show what FD is doing, its no way to run a business. I have 3 accounts but will not buy any further updates for 2 of them and just get my free updates from my backers account.
It's clear to see how FD has responded since this last update that they do not care one little bit about its customers.
Disgraceful customer service, and they wont get a penny more from me.

I give FD all the goodwill in the world and appreciate complex things take time, but at this point I really think an announcement would be appropriate, even if just to say something is coming to fix the bugs, please be patient etc - your entire body disappears during jumps for lord's sake!

Well, you got your wish. This was just posted: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...rous-2-3-01-bug-fixes-update-coming-early-May

--- update ---
fixed incorrect quote. Should not press Reply With Quote without looking to see if it's the right posting.

Last edited:

A developer or support person told someone asking about a particular problem that they "should test this in patch 2.3.01 to see if the problem persisted" a few days ago, so I'm assuming that that was what BoxxMann was referring to.

Last edited:
Is there a hotfix/patch due for the 2.3 update? I read a cryptic post from a Frontier person referencing a 2.3.01 or something, but scant in any real substance. If there is a fix coming, does anyone know about it and when it's expected?

Yes, it's here ...

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for all the feedback since last week’s release of 2.3 The Commanders. We appreciate every bug report that comes through, and read as many forum posts as possible!

We’ve seen your feedback with regards to a number of bugs in the latest update, and the development team have been busy working on a release that focuses on fixing a large number of the common complaints. The release is currently scheduled for early May. These fixes include (but are not limited to) the list you can see below:

- Galaxy map UI tag not pointing to selected target body
- Packhounds having infinite ammunition
- Multicrew bug fixes
- Various Stability improvements across the board
- Missing Galnet articles will be fixed
- XBOX main menu softlock will be fixed
- Large frame rate drop when friends log in to the game

As mentioned above, there are other fixes and performance-related improvements included in the update. We’ll have the full list of changes for you as soon as it’s available closer to the release of the update in early May. Please do continue to support the game by reporting any bugs on our dedicated bug forum.

Thanks again for your continued support and patience!

Top Bottom