Patch Notes Update 2.3 The Commanders - Changelog

With the below patch changes, does it mean that it is now easier to progress naval ranks? I am currently Baron.

• Updated the military career progression numbers to speed up progression a bit
• Increased super power reputation gains by 25% when gaining faction reputation

Exploration

• Rebalanced the amount of exploration career rank awarded when completing Passenger missions
• Stopped awarding First Discovery bonuses of zero credits
• Fixed transaction server error when purchasing exploration data for certain systems
• Increased the credit values of exploration data for scans after this release. Unsold data from previous scans is unaffected by this change.

I've just done the 5kLY's from Colonia to Polo Harbour which is the first real jump/honking exploration I've done in about a month or so after spending a lot of time doing missions in Colonia.

Exploration data payouts from what I've handed in at Polo are a significant improvement in values over exploration rewards prior to 2.3 dropping.

Nice one!

Last edited:
I guess that will be fixed with the next patch.

The entire game economy needs a major rethink/overhaul. Payouts across the board have gotten ridiculous compared to when the game was first released, with no corresponding money sinks introduced. All this inflation appears to cater for are the pew-pewers who are constantly having to re-buy. For everybody else it's just become silly, being able to afford a fully-kitted-out big ship within just a few days of playing. And then people complain there's nothing to do.

Meh whatever.

To be honest, these exploration buffs have actually got me having a go at it instead of just honking and moving on.
it's actually quite therapeutic and out of the bubble the chances of being jumped on are very remote.

To be honest, these exploration buffs have actually got me having a go at it instead of just honking and moving on.
it's actually quite therapeutic and out of the bubble the chances of being jumped on are very remote.

Yep, find a landable moon with deep canyons, put some chillout on , then just loose yourself flying down the canyon, or weave in and out of the icebergs on a ring. No Hazres, no "Pirates". Bliss.

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note and edit to the OP about some of the changes coming to Blueprints. The information in the original change log was incorrect. I've amended that by changing them to the following:

Bill Turner:
• Sensor/Scanner to grade 5
• DSS to grade 5

Felicity Farseer:
• Sensor/Scanner to grade 3
• DSS to grade 3

Hera Tani:
• DSS to grade 5

Juri Ishmaak:
• DSS to grade 5

Lei Cheung:
• DSS to grade 5

Lori Jameson:
• DSS to grade 5

Tiana Fortune:
• DSS to grade 3

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note and edit to the OP about some of the changes coming to Blueprints. The information in the original change log was incorrect. I've amended that by changing them to the following:

Bill Turner:
• DSS to grade 5

Felicity Farseer:
• DSS to grade 3

Hera Tani:
• DSS to grade 5

Juri Ishmaak:
• DSS to grade 5

Lei Cheung:
• DSS to grade 5

Lori Jameson:
• DSS to grade 5

Tiana Fortune:
• DSS to grade 3

Ed, any update to the .01 patch? Is it coming this week?

Regards

New Content & Features (Horizons)

If anyone would like to view the change logs that were released during the beta period, they can be found here:

2.3 Beta 1
2.3 Beta 2
2.3 Beta 3
2.3 Beta 4
2.3 Beta 5

PLEASE can I ask that all changes from a previous LIVE version are listed in the change log here in one clearly identifiable thread? Why would anyone want to have to trawl through Beta testing change logs / threads to see the final changes when they are not part of the Beta testing group and just want to understand the changes that have been made rather than being forced to read debates on potential changes that have now been implemented?

By all means reference those Beta threads if you feel the need to, in order to justify the changes you've made to game play, but please don't hide changes in layers of threads. I can tell from game-play that damaging heat levels in ships have changed but there's no mention of it in this thread. Please remember KISS when trying to communicate changes - Keep It Simple, Stupid!

I am attempting a nuclear level cure: eradication.
3. Go to the ED website and your account
4. Buy vanilla ED at £19.99

I think you meant go to the Blizzard website and buy Overwatch for 39,99€. Because you couldn't be serious about buying another copy to solve bugs. Please say that it was sarcasm, because I do not detect emoticons and somebody could take this seriously. Pretty please? ;P

I've heard of Overwatch and is definitely a title I'm unmoved by. Regarding ED though, the other options had failed, and, as I had mislaid my install disc (it's in the house somewhere, I bought a digi-download.

You didn't need to buy the digital download though. The purchase of the disc version entitles you to a digital download against that account/commander. You should be able to just login to the launcher and download it. I have the DVD version and I've never installed from the disc. The launcher itself can be download from the elitedangerous.com website. Unless I've misunderstood something, you could request a refund.

Top Bottom