Patch Notes Update 2.4 The Return - Patch Notes

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I'm a bit short on time, but is there any word on the complete disappearance of bulk passenger missions?

yes, that little patch the other day seemed to remove them completely

Was this intentional?
If so and if it was done due to the too high pay of some, please fix asap, and while you are doing that...keep looking...I can deliver data 25k LY away for 600k or 1 passenger 11LY away for 9mil.....go figure....and they thought massacre missions were money generators......these are wreaking havoc on BGS INF control...big time
Either way, I used those bulk missions for the BGS INF....I don't even care what the pay is, right now the only +++ INF passenger missions are ones that are 10kLY to 25k LY away...no interest in those no matter what they pay.....

Also...was the change to passengers cabins intentional...pretty rude for 2 passengers to hog 16 cabins

Last edited:
One question, patch notes say jump range increased to 20Kly, I have not seen any change, has this been implemented or soon to be?

It's not jump range, it's route plotting range. So you can now pick a system up to 20kly away and plot a route to it (previously it was limited to 1kly).

It's not jump range, it's route plotting range. So you can now pick a system up to 20kly away and plot a route to it (previously it was limited to 1kly).

The 20kly is for 'Fastest route' only.
The Economical route is still limited to 1kly.

As a Commander currently ploughing the deep, it is a welcome improvement.

Cannot load the update - Launcher update stops at "sync files" < 1 min (for 6 hours). I have uninstalled the launcher x 3, and uninstalled E: D x 2, still nada!

Right now I wanna !@@#$*(O!!!!

Wasted a whole god damn day and night, for probably same ole shat. Going to bed.

Anyone any ideas? Cheers

One question, patch notes say jump range increased to 20Kly, I have not seen any change, has this been implemented or soon to be?
To be correct, the route planner/plotter distance has increased to 20 kly, not the single jump range, and yes, it's there.

Open the route plotter. Second tab. Fastest Routes says "Max 20K LY".

The 20kly is for 'Fastest route' only.
The Economical route is still limited to 1kly.
Probably because if you would let the computer calculate a route of 20k for economical, there would be several thousand jumps, and the time to calculate it would be exponential. I'm not sure anyone would like to sit for hours waiting for the computer to plot it.

God dammit why can't we have the original Elite music?

DeedleedeeDEE, deedleededeededeedeDEE,
deedleedeeDEE, deedleedeedumdediddyDOO
(dum dum dum dum, dum dum dum),
deedleedeeDEE deedleededeededeedeDEE-DOO
deeDEEdoo, deeDEEdoo (deeDEEdoo, deeDEEdoo)
DEEDLEEE, dum DEEEEEE
doodoodoodoo....

you mean this one
[video=youtube;HbegNmKRZUM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbegNmKRZUM[/video]

or this one
[video=youtube;rsuWgLEQBxM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsuWgLEQBxM[/video]

Where did my traffic controller go?

I want my old traffic controller back in OHM CITY in LHS 20! Until 2.4 it was a male voice full of personality - ED's own "Kenedy Steve" [smile] - and now it is some dull female voice instead. Why did they change that?

Add this to your patch notes:

* Made graphics on par with FE2

DLAnx8vXkAE0DiH.jpg:large

Add this to your patch notes:

* Made graphics on par with FE2

Dude, you have been raising a stink about this in multiple threads now. Quit throwing salt everywhere, the problem is on your end or specific to the machine you are using, my game looks fine - in fact I'm having more frames than ever while also looking better.

Check your drivers, contact support, submit a bug report, do whatever you gotta do. But quit going around moaning about it and not doing anything constructive.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom