Patch Notes Update 2.4 The Return - Patch Notes

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I could be wrong but I think Old Duck plays this game on the PS4. If so, then he can’t update drivers/graphics cards etc. It is puzzling how some PS4 players are experiencing block graphics, and others aren’t.

I'll do that today. Can you point me to the right direction? I'm not finding "GFX drivers" in the Playstation Store.

Have you tried clearing your console's cache?
You can do this by switching the console off (not rest mode, actually turn it off), waiting for any lights to stop blinking, unplug your console, wait 30 seconds, plug it back in and boot it up.

I'm not sure if it'll fix anything though.

Have you tried clearing your console's cache?
You can do this by switching the console off (not rest mode, actually turn it off), waiting for any lights to stop blinking, unplug your console, wait 30 seconds, plug it back in and boot it up.

I'm not sure if it'll fix anything though.

There's no doubt it's a bug, as many are experiencing it. One guy is going to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that does anything. As for me being salty, yes I admit that (the bug is ruining the game for me), but this thread is full of reports of various bugs in 2.4, so I'm just adding to the list. I've got no desire to take over the thread or derail it - it's the "upgrade your video card" people doing that.

ps - your advice is kindly given and kindly received, but I'm really not sure anything can be done on my end

There's no doubt it's a bug, as many are experiencing it. One guy is going to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that does anything. As for me being salty, yes I admit that (the bug is ruining the game for me), but this thread is full of reports of various bugs in 2.4, so I'm just adding to the list. I've got no desire to take over the thread or derail it - it's the "upgrade your video card" people doing that.

ps - your advice is kindly given and kindly received, but I'm really not sure anything can be done on my end

No harm in trying. :)
Hope you come right though; graphics like that would render the game unplayable for me. :(

[I almost wanted to play this game again, but ..]

Greetings Commanders,

New Content & Features

• Ship Rebuy Penalty – When a player commits the crime of murder (PvP only), an additional cost is added if they swap to a less expensive ship before paying legal costs during the rebuy flow
    • Exemption for valid Powerplay PvP
  • Pilot’s Federation Bounty – When a player commits the crime of murder (PvP only), they receive an additional Pilot's Federation Bounty. This bounty is valid in every jurisdiction except anarchies
    • Exemption for valid Powerplay PvP
Why is the amount of "Ship Rebuy Penalty" not included in "Pilot's Federation Bounty"???

is this obvious, but not for Mr. Developer? ​Give a motivation for the player to go into the "open"!!!

[I almost wanted to play this game again, but ..]

Why is the amount of "Ship Rebuy Penalty" not included in "Pilot's Federation Bounty"???

is this obvious, but not for Mr. Developer? ​Give a motivation for the player to go into the "open"!!!

It's because of the potential for exploit, which is laughable as:
1) PvP community has already found a way around it and
2) people are actively making hundreds of millions with short passenger delivery missions "legitimately".

It's because of the potential for exploit, which is laughable as:
1) PvP community has already found a way around it and
2) people are actively making hundreds of millions with short passenger delivery missions "legitimately".
So what?
let it be as it is?
..when the game will start to do Professionals, not students in practice?

1. to refine the logic in the mechanics of fine
  2. farm farm farm .. "Elite Dangerous: a sad farm"

So what?
let it be as it is?
..when the game will start to do Professionals, not students in practice?

1. to refine the logic in the mechanics of fine
  2. farm farm farm .. "Elite Dangerous: a sad farm"

You're arguing with the wrong guy. I'm just pointing out how things are, not how they should be.

2.4, 2.4.01 both updated perfectly, 2.4.02 has blessed me with validation errors .............Again,
If history is anything to go by, It could take several weeks of emailing back and forward to FD for them to send the relevant files to me,

This is not good, especially that the problems began nearly 2 years ago.

FD Needs to provide the same for there paying gamers.

Once again, I hope this does not fall on deaf ears like it has several times.

Peter

Last edited:
I'm assuming he has a lack of VRAM (graphics card RAM), as I sometimes get that issue in my buggy SRV when close to stuff. I've only got 2GB of VRAM, and have textures set to high quality (or something like that)!
im playing this on nearly max settings and 4x AA using 750ti with 2GB on a 5 year old AM3+ mobo

the problem is not on the game's end. ive seen a lot of people complain about their obscure laptop variant of a GPU not working, but its most likely crappy drivers
also, the 2.4.02 patch went flawlessly for me via Steam.

edit: oh well that was a bit of a lie. i have everything on high, no ultra. 40-50 fps on planets, 60fps elsewhere.

Last edited:
the problem is not on the game's end. ive seen a lot of people complain about their obscure laptop variant of a GPU not working, but its most likely crappy drivers

The "he" being referred to plays on a PS4, and the problem has been identified as being on the game's end.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what the grey dashed lines in the Gal Map indicate please. I know the brown dashed lines indicate a part of a route you don't currently have fuel for but no idea what the new grey ones mean.

Ta

Edit: Never mind, I found it...its an indicator of previous jumps :)

Last edited:
Can anyone enlighten me as to what the grey dashed lines in the Gal Map indicate please. I know the brown dashed lines indicate a part of a route you don't currently have fuel for but no idea what the new grey ones mean.

Ta

Edit: Never mind, I found it...its an indicator of previous jumps :)
Yup. And they're extremely helpful when you're doing trades/missions/passengers and such. Now you don't have to flag your route points if you do a loop. Only thing to remember, the lines are gone if you exit the game. It's only past routes in current session.

Hi All,

Is 2.4 still classed as Horizons? Or is The Return the next update needing a new Steam Key?

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom